Self confirms 2024

Chrisp1986

I think it works perfectly. 

It’s not as if she’s going to be thrashing out techno at 11am.

Her sets these days are basically like one big hen party, which is the perfect vibe to wake up a few thousand bleary eyed revellers. 

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

No but think it about it logically and it doesnt make any sense at all

when was the last time a DJ set opened a main bands stage at any major music festival, never mind glastonbury? 

if thats what it is, its completely bizarre programming

not to mention very glastonbudget

who wants to see someone dj’ing a huge stage at 11:30am at a festival?

it must be some kind of different / special collaborative thing or something. Maybe an orchestra or something?

i havent minded her over the years but she’s a DJ not a musician.

I’ll be honest, why think about it logically when it’s what she said? Anyway… can’t be worse than Ben Howard last year, Christ that was boring. 

Guess all will be revealed soon

28 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I think it works perfectly. 

It’s not as if she’s going to be thrashing out techno at 11am.

Her sets these days are basically like one big hen party, which is the perfect vibe to wake up a few thousand bleary eyed revellers. 

And is it really that much different from Hacienda Classical opening a stage a few fests back?  

13 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

About a month and a half ago now, one of the stage organisers had a spotify playlist with all the artists on that someone found. Turned out to be right when the lineup came out last month too.

Basically was all the acts on the poster plus Alogte Oho & his sounds of Joy, Matthew Halsall, Balming Tiger, Dub Terror, Cymande and Jalen Ngonda

Hahaha that's such a funny way to get caught out. 

I've literally never heard of any of those acts, anyone got any recs to check out? 

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

No but think it about it logically and it doesnt make any sense at all

when was the last time a DJ set opened a main bands stage at any major music festival, never mind glastonbury? 

if thats what it is, its completely bizarre programming

not to mention very glastonbudget

who wants to see someone dj’ing a huge stage at 11:30am at a festival?

it must be some kind of different / special collaborative thing or something. Maybe an orchestra or something?

i havent minded her over the years but she’s a DJ not a musician.

probably happens at creamfields quite a lot

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Hahaha that's such a funny way to get caught out. 

I've literally never heard of any of those acts, anyone got any recs to check out? 

Matthew Halsall is incredible. Assuming he'll be first on, a lovely way to ease into the day.

Balming Tiger also sounds like they'll be great fun

14 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I agree 

I think Pyramid would be too much. The way she says it doesn't say to me it's bigger than Other but she wouldn't say it had it just been like JP or The Park...both of which I doubt she would be asked to open at all. I can see them putting something guitar band wise like The Vaccines type of thing opening the Pyramid first thing to spread the crowd a bit as not many are going to choose against Annie Mac as a free hit as she's probably someone for many as a catch if no one is on.

After them changing gears and having Ben Howard send everybody back to sleep last year I think having somebody open the proper festival with an all out early morning rave would go down an absolute treat. Must’ve run out of 90’s and 00’s nostalgia bands willing to play the slot so are trying new things, and I’d wager it’ll go down a lot better than pretty much any of the acts to do it in the last decade.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

After them changing gears and having Ben Howard send everybody back to sleep last year I think having somebody open the proper festival with an all out early morning rave would go down an absolute treat. Must’ve run out of 90’s and 00’s nostalgia bands willing to play the slot so are trying new things, and I’d wager it’ll go down a lot better than pretty much any of the acts to do it in the last decade.

Yup. Can easily play another slot over the weekend too. They've had The Vaccines, James, The Libertines, The Pretenders. Not everyone will want to do it and it's Annie Macs only chance of playing one of the big one's as she's not up there enough to get given even like a Other stage sub slot.

13 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Just  a Couple of Mums hearted my question about Glasto 24!  Niche I know but always great fun!

Not at all niche, a few years ago we ducked into the Spike on a day that had been a bit damp, lovely drinks plus their happy vibe and tunes was a real tonic. 

6 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Starting to belive the annie mac thing. Woefully crap / budget if true.

im sure some will enjoy but just really showing that theres no money in the pot for acts 

What are they doing with all the money we are spending on tickets? I agree it's the cheapest act possible, really need a decent act to start the festival proper imo.

Edited by Euphoricape