Top 3 cover versions heard at Glastonbury 2023

Boomtowner

10 hours ago, themuel said:

Does Tom Grennan coming out and singing When You’re Gone with Mel C count? 

Because it was amazing. 

I mean, IT was amazing but he was bloody awful.

Rick Astley drumming and singing Highway To Hell is probably my favourite moment of the whole festival. 

Texas doing Suspicious Minds was brilliant.

Also, Jake Shears doing Comfortably Numb was an unexpected treat. Only sort of counts as it is an established cover version, but if Pinball Wizard counts so does this!

48 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

Rick Astley drumming and singing Highway To Hell is probably my favourite moment of the whole festival. 

Also, Jake Shears doing Comfortably Numb was an unexpected treat. Only sort of counts as it is an established cover version, but if Pinball Wizard counts so does this!

I thought this was great but I found the crowd were a bit flat for it for some reason. 

16 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Can't remember hearing a single straight cover all weekend.

But Kelis and her band did some fantastic "mash-ups"

Milkshake/Gravel Pit was an absolute moment of magic, bloody hell i couldnt stop my arse from shaking and i am not a dancing type at all

1) Rick Astley singing and drumming Highway to Hell

2) GnR - knocking on heavens door - sh*t on UYI but a banger live

3) Elton opening with Pinball Wizard

as a result of seeing Rick Astley I’m now seriously considering going to see him on my birthday at Royal Albert Hall he was so much fun.

Edited by mungo57

8 hours ago, ICGenie said:

Oh I really enjoyed it! 

7 hours ago, cidermonkey said:

Vlure playing God is a DJ on Thursday night. Place was jumping for the whole gig, PA looked close to toppling over with the bounce....

That was the set of the weekend for me, I was next to the left pa stack

8 hours ago, Fingerbobs said:

And the Toyah Wilcox and Robert Fripp set was a run through of mostly classic 70s rock with the chance to see the creator of the Heroes wailing guitar play it in full a great moment.

Came on to say this - they were great. Was not expecting Enter Sandman 😳 Thought they chose well for both her voice and the band.

10 hours ago, cidermonkey said:

Vlure playing God is a DJ on Thursday night. Place was jumping for the whole gig, PA looked close to toppling over with the bounce....

Amazing gig and great moment ! I thought the floor of the Bread & Roses would break eventually 😄