Fred again?? Next year?

Claire0406

18 hours ago, nikkic said:

I really like it, there’s some beautiful songs on there. 

But it lacks the “bangers” of previous albums, not really any big dance floor moments. 

Although that could just be me not managing my expectations properly, the singles he’s released were all more chilled, so the signs were there that it was going to be a more laid back album. 

He doesn't have a single banger.

18 hours ago, Suprefan said:

fred is sorry that he doesnt have flying robots to throw at you. Not everyone is the chems which is who everyone just wants in terms of a dance group to play on a big stage. He performs live which is a lot more than what others can say.

His show is still not great - many smaller acts have way better ones

For how big of a dance act he is its got basically nothing to it except him saying hiiiii guyssss every so often etc

He hired bicep's team i heard a while back but not much seems to have came out of it haha

• Upvote 1

I was at Leeds Festival on the Sunday night, Fred being the reason I got a day ticket. I've been going to festivals since 1996 and have been to 7 Glastonburys and IMO Fred would absolutely kill a pyramid headline set. 

His Leeds set was incredible, one of the best headline sets I've ever seen live, the set in terms of tone and lighting/visuals was very different to his Glasto other stage set, it was very heavy and dark, very fitting of playing R&L. 

I can only imagine what he could do on the pyramid, I think it would be very special. 

On 9/8/2024 at 10:34 AM, gfa said:

His show is still not great - many smaller acts have way better ones

For how big of a dance act he is its got basically nothing to it except him saying hiiiii guyssss every so often etc

He hired bicep's team i heard a while back but not much seems to have came out of it haha

What more would you want from it out of interest? Do you mean stage visuals?

4 minutes ago, mjfromthelane said:

People just don't like Fred - they find his music boring and don't like that he's a rich lad doing music.

I don't like Ed Sheeran, Muse, Guns 'n Roses or Coldplay. But the thing is, I know they're big enough to headline. I just avoided them on the farm.

• Upvote 2

I'm saying this as a Fred fan, but he definitely has a bit of Chris Martin about him. 

'Get your phone lights in the air', 'Everyone repeat this new refrain after me...' etc etc. 

Crowd lap it up though. And Other stage 23 absolutely was a joyous affair. 

Much like Coldplay to rock / pop music, Fred makes palatable dance music with big singalong-worthy refrains. 

It's nothing revolutionary, but if / when he headlines, there'll be a massive crowd there having a wonderful time. 

15 minutes ago, PDAD said:

Much like Coldplay to rock / pop music, Fred makes palatable dance music with big singalong-worthy refrains. 

exactly what’s needed for a dance act to headline the pyramid. I’m there for it. 

19 minutes ago, PDAD said:

I'm saying this as a Fred fan, but he definitely has a bit of Chris Martin about him. 

'Get your phone lights in the air', 'Everyone repeat this new refrain after me...' etc etc. 

It's nothing revolutionary, but if / when he headlines, there'll be a massive crowd there having a wonderful time. 

This is bang on, a really good post, but it's almost an integral part of being a headliner.

40 minutes ago, mjfromthelane said:

34 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

People just don't like Fred - they find his music boring and don't like that he's a rich lad doing music.

I don't like Ed Sheeran, Muse, Guns 'n Roses or Coldplay. But the thing is, I know they're big enough to headline. I just avoided them on the farm.

I literally saw him on Friday mate... have no issue with him headlining.

His stage show is nothing on Bicep / Chems / Prodigy / Justice. Not even in the same conversation. Even Overmono - a much smaller act's is more interesting

As i say below, he is defo a bit cringe as well. Which would be fine - if he had a good show

To be fair its quite unique i guess, most dance acts do very minimal talking

28 minutes ago, PDAD said:

A bit is generous - there is a LOT of Chris Martin about him. His instagram stories are horrendous - messages like a 14 year old girl

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

His stage show is nothing on Bicep / Chems / Prodigy / Justice. Not even in the same conversation. Even Overmono - a much smaller act's is more interesting

Do we always need giant robots, f**ked up visuals or lighting rigs moving up and down on cables for no apparent reason? 

Can't we just focus on the music and have a bit of fun?  

• Upvote 1

The fact that Fred's stage show has more in common with Chris and the lads as it does with Bicep / Justice / Chems means it has more in common with an act who has actually headlined the Pyramid in the last 20 years... 

I'm sure he'd up the visual stakes anyway, mind. 

19 minutes ago, gfa said:

I literally saw him on Friday mate... have no issue with him headlining.

Fairs mate, don't disagree with this generally. I'm not a massive Fred fan but thought you were just slating him, apologies.