What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

36 minutes ago, dicko_belfast said:

Flying the same way but not booked coach yet - did you book from the city or the airport? What's a good plan for picking up food / drink etc? Any guidance is welcome 🙂

We are getting the early flight to Bristol on the Tuesday morning and then staying at a hostel right beside the main Bristol bus station (Full Moon Backpackers - not available to book just yet though).

That will give us plenty of time to pick up supplies. In 2022, we took a later flight and went to one of the Sainsbury's in Bristol for our alcohol, but last year my group (I didn't go last year) got a taxi to one of the Tescos and it was pretty low on alcohol (hence why we are going for the earlier flight this year).

Then we have booked the 9am National Express from Bristol Bus Station.

3 hours ago, northernringo said:

We are getting the early flight to Bristol on the Tuesday morning and then staying at a hostel right beside the main Bristol bus station (Full Moon Backpackers - not available to book just yet though).

That will give us plenty of time to pick up supplies. In 2022, we took a later flight and went to one of the Sainsbury's in Bristol for our alcohol, but last year my group (I didn't go last year) got a taxi to one of the Tescos and it was pretty low on alcohol (hence why we are going for the earlier flight this year).

Thanks - yeah that's always the risk.i suppose when trying to grab supplies on arrival. We get in at 9.45am on the Weds. Haven't been since 2017 but previously we got a taxi from airport they stopped at a supermarket on the way which worked well so perhaps that could be an option again although only 2 of us this time. Your plan in getting there early sounds like a good one. Will keep having a think and try to get a plan in place 👍

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, northernringo said:

Sorry meant to ask also are you taking your camping things over on the plane? Bit worried about the luggage sizes allowed etc. We have done it before years ago but airlines seems a lot stricter now.

16 minutes ago, dicko_belfast said:

Sorry meant to ask also are you taking your camping things over on the plane? Bit worried about the luggage sizes allowed etc. We have done it before years ago but airlines seems a lot stricter now.

Yeah, we usually book on one hold luggage each (for our backpacks with all our clothes, sleeping bag, etc), and then one additional hold luggage split between us for our two tents and trolley.

We then wrap the two tents & trolley together and haven't had any issues in the last two years. We bring enough wrap with us so that we can wrap again on the way back.

6 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Yeah, we usually book on one hold luggage each (for our backpacks with all our clothes, sleeping bag, etc), and then one additional hold luggage split between us for our two tents and trolley.

We then wrap the two tents & trolley together and haven't had any issues in the last two years. We bring enough wrap with us so that we can wrap again on the way back.

Brilliant, thank you. We will do something similar then. Have a good journey and see you on the farm! 👏👍👍🎉

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

had a quick look to see what waders would suit current conditions 

I once wore a pair of waders into and throughout one muddy Glastonbury. Before entering I took all my mates 'essential medications' off them, and lashed them to my one thigh, and walked straight in. They had everything to lose, and I didn't care for my job anyway, so it made sense - to me, anyway!

Pulled the trigger on an AirBnB nearby for Tuesday night. Going to travel down after work on Tuesday instead of early Wednesday morning. Went for one in Coxley which looks fairly sensibly located. 

It’s my first time so not sure what the traffic situation will be like. Google Maps tells me it’s around a 15 minute drive on a quiet run but I expect Glastonbury morning will be quite different. Anyone travel from that way that can recommend a good time to leave the cottage Wednesday morning?

I’m staying in Tangerine Fields (Base Camp) so will be aiming for their car park. 

42 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Pulled the trigger on an AirBnB nearby for Tuesday night. Going to travel down after work on Tuesday instead of early Wednesday morning. Went for one in Coxley which looks fairly sensibly located. 

It’s my first time so not sure what the traffic situation will be like. Google Maps tells me it’s around a 15 minute drive on a quiet run but I expect Glastonbury morning will be quite different. Anyone travel from that way that can recommend a good time to leave the cottage Wednesday morning?

I’m staying in Tangerine Fields (Base Camp) so will be aiming for their car park. 

All of Wednesday morning is peak arrival time, you might get lucky and it'll take an hour,  or you might have a nightmare and it could take several hours.   If it was me in your position, I'd enjoy the night - no point staying in an airbnb to get up at 4am to sit in traffic.  Have a nice sleep, breakfast, head off about 10am and take the hand you are dealt! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, IFinallyGotATicket said:

May I ask where you fly from and how do you get from Bristol to glasto , I may have to look at something like this for myself this year but tryna work out the logistics 

I fly from Belfast and we just get the airport bus which takes us to the main bus station in Bristol - https://flyer.bristolairport.co.uk/timetables