What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Beds in the spare room working overtime in the Glastonbury community, carrying much heavier loads than they are used to  😄 I did a bit of a sort through my stuff at the weekend and there's currently a lot of stuff on the bed in the spare room.

Luckily we don't have many visitors!

2 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Any recommendations for a good waterproof jacket that isn't a 600 quid Arc'teryx? Can't be doing with Ponchos again if it rains.

We got some decent lightweight ones from Mountain Warehouse. I think this is the one my husband got. https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/brisk-extreme-mens-waterproof-jacket-p11089.aspx/dark-grey/

Not quite as big a bargain as it was in May when they were doing 20% off but not bad. It has been truly tested in the week after he got it and he's been happy so far.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

We got some decent lightweight ones from Mountain Warehouse. I think this is the one my husband got. https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/brisk-extreme-mens-waterproof-jacket-p11089.aspx/dark-grey/

Not quite as big a bargain as it was in May when they were doing 20% off but not bad. It has been truly tested in the week after he got it and he's been happy so far.

That looks really good, thanks, I'll pop in to my nearest MW and have a look.

• Like 1

Think I may have found my tipple for this year. The Monday Madness offer in 'spoons last night tempted me to try the Jack Daniels Tennessee Apple. Oh yes. A bottle of that please. Much nicer and cheaper than the Calvados I habitually bring. Always did prefer whiskey to brandy. Doh!

But. Will it be as good as an apple/pear brandy is for spicing up pints of cider? Dilemma now.

7 minutes ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

Ordering s clips for the group- is there a specific size they need to be?

Is this for hanging bags at long drop ? You know the alternative is to hang bag on locking metal bar ? 

1 hour ago, The other Bellboy said:

Started our journey, first flight done and now waiting to start the next one of 17hrs and 5 mins. I wonder if we are the first to start on their way over? Anyone started before the 6/6?

Wow 17 5 is a very long flight. Hope you aren't in economy. Guess that Auckland to Doha or similar 

On 6/3/2024 at 5:09 PM, Dave_c said:

Any recommendations for a good waterproof jacket that isn't a 600 quid Arc'teryx? Can't be doing with Ponchos again if it rains.

Decathlon do sailing jackets which are quite cheap, not too sweaty and quite light.  Mine's done a fair amount of work in the last 6 years and still stacks up.  Reproofing is key with these things so get some Nikwax wash in.

My only issue with most waterproof coats for G is that they don't cover your arse so the rain runs off and wets your shorts.  A knee length version of what I have would be perfect. Can't find it though.

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2024 at 8:07 PM, Twiggy553 said:

-Ordered a new wig

-tickets arrived today

-sent my tried and tested packing list to my first timer friends

- helped another mate plan his travel arrangements

What's the packing list? - I'm sort of lost this year for what to pack having not been for a few years! Hope not too direct a question!