What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

14 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Decathlon do sailing jackets which are quite cheap, not too sweaty and quite light.  Mine's done a fair amount of work in the last 6 years and still stacks up.  Reproofing is key with these things so get some Nikwax wash in.

My only issue with most waterproof coats for G is that they don't cover your arse so the rain runs off and wets your shorts.  A knee length version of what I have would be perfect. Can't find it though.

Scooped back mate. Longer at the back than front. Perfect. Can keep arse dry and get todger out without inadvertently pissing on zips.

• Upvote 1

I've just ordered a Lebara Sim card - £1.99 for three months but I'll cancel it before the second month. I don't use my phone for more than meeting friends but having had no phone at all at Truck festival last year because the signal just wasn't working at all, it will be nice to have some signal

29 minutes ago, EavisAintDead said:

I've just ordered a Lebara Sim card - £1.99 for three months but I'll cancel it before the second month. I don't use my phone for more than meeting friends but having had no phone at all at Truck festival last year because the signal just wasn't working at all, it will be nice to have some signal

I got one the other day 90p for 15GB of data, think that offer finished yesterday.

Should mention that the Vodafone app confirms they'll be offering free 7 day eSims for anyone who wants one. So probably the cheapest/easiest option for anyone who has a compatible phone.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, incident said:

Should mention that the Vodafone app confirms they'll be offering free 7 day eSims for anyone who wants one. So probably the cheapest/easiest option for anyone who has a compatible phone.

Thanks for flagging this.  I’ve been thinking of getting a Vodafone esim for the duration of the festival. Any idea how you actually get this - I found the section of the app that mentions it but not sure how to actually get it /sign up?

19 minutes ago, Summertime said:

Thanks for flagging this.  I’ve been thinking of getting a Vodafone esim for the duration of the festival. Any idea how you actually get this - I found the section of the app that mentions it but not sure how to actually get it /sign up?

I don't know, but the app seems to mention it in the context of their on-site presence - so I assume you'll be able to sign up at their stall across from the Left Field.

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2024 at 6:33 PM, al_coholic said:

Wow 17 5 is a very long flight. Hope you aren't in economy. Guess that Auckland to Doha or similar 

It was a long flight, done quite a few of that length in the past, so knew now that I couldn't manage in economy, so we booked business for all of us, its made such a difference, worth every penny, the flight was no issue at all, Found the next 7 hour flight harder as even having the beds to sleep in, we were all getting tired by the end of it. The long flight was Auckland to Dubai. Kids were shattered by the time we got to London, couldn't keep them awake past 5.30, now we are all up and wide awake at 2 am 🙂

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

It was a long flight, done quite a few of that length in the past, so knew now that I couldn't manage in economy, so we booked business for all of us, its made such a difference, worth every penny, the flight was no issue at all, Found the next 7 hour flight harder as even having the beds to sleep in, we were all getting tired by the end of it. The long flight was Auckland to Dubai. Kids were shattered by the time we got to London, couldn't keep them awake past 5.30, now we are all up and wide awake at 2 am 🙂

Blimey. 

And I'm worried about what it'll cost in diesel to drive from Northumberland

5 hours ago, dougal1 said:

Flown back from Melbourne.

Eighth time on the farm. Let's go girls.

Now's a really crap time to ask if you can bring us a bottle of Bundy, innit 😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaphPH said:

In terms of phone signal - will the EE mast still be there now that Vodafone has taken over. Any confirmation from EE? 

They claimed to be, but I'm convinced that there was some level of blocking/priority in Vodafone's favour.  Friends on EE and O2 especially really struggled.  I had clear 5G all weekend on a lebara PAYG sim.

This weekend's prep involved: -

• Booze run. Still need some more but got most of it, including Dead Man's Fingers spiced rum on offer at Asda (£18).
  • Washed and re-proofed all our waterproof jackets/ponchos.
  • Cleaned my wellies.
  • Checked the tent over.
  • Agreed our line up choices, loaded the app and created a playlist.
  • 12.5 mile hike with Hollie The Rescue Hound (TM).

This week's to do list: -

• Check/clean the coolbox and rucksacks.
  • Get the airbed and sleeping back out of their vacuum packs.

Nearly ready!