What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

Proofed a load of gear Saturday morning.

Bought all the disposable bits & bobs from The Range yesterday (small packs of tissues, hand sanitiser, blister plasters etc.) then dug out the coolbox, rucksacks and camping chairs from the shed to de-spider and clean everything.

Pretty much just need to pack now.  Once my Oh My God! It's The Church T-Shirt arrives.

Aired my tent out on the line yesterday morning when we had a few dry hours. Packed almost all my toiletries into one bag last night and made a list of what needs adding nearer the time. Snacks are all packed and going to make a start on clothes tonight! Getting there 

Finally firmed up the collection times and date for picking up our Lovefields pass for the festival and our village pass for the week after the festival. The only down side is that I have to drive to the Lovefields site this week and I was trying to avoid any of the site buildup images to keep a much as possible fresh for the 26th - 5 years since the last visit so expecting to see and feel lots of changes on even the drive down Pylle lane, never mind the festival itself.

18 hours ago, Soggy_feet said:

Rucksack & sleeping bag out of the loft and for some reason that I can't recall I have 3 self inflating mats. So I will be testing them over the next week to see which one I take, unless I take all 3 and pile them on top of each other, like the princess and the pea. 

I used two at Bearded Theory and despite some challenging climactic conditions at times, two self inflaters kept me toasty warm and really comfortable as a side and front sleeper. Enthusiastic recommendation 👍

• Like 1

Popped plenty of 2L water bottles into the freezer ahead of the cool box cool down. Needed to eat a couple of ice creams to get space for the final one but between them and the ice packs, should be chilly enough for our Sunday departure. 

8 hours ago, germanmon said:

Popped plenty of 2L water bottles into the freezer ahead of the cool box cool down. Needed to eat a couple of ice creams to get space for the final one but between them and the ice packs, should be chilly enough for our Sunday departure. 

I did that on the weekend - woke up to my freezer popped open because I forgot about SCIENCE 😂

14 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Proofed a load of gear Saturday morning.

Bought all the disposable bits & bobs from The Range yesterday (small packs of tissues, hand sanitiser, blister plasters etc.) then dug out the coolbox, rucksacks and camping chairs from the shed to de-spider and clean everything.

Pretty much just need to pack now.  Once my Oh My God! It's The Church T-Shirt arrives.

Praise Sexy Jesus!

EDIT: I also started to pack things like pants and t-shirts into little waterproof packets. I also bought a fancy Yeti coffee mug to take on my toddles around the site. 

Edited by eatingglitter

3 hours ago, Spindles said:

Meh, got feckin' covid.  At least I should be recovered by Wednesday.

Yeah picked up a nasty cold  this week - my niece has been struggling with cold/sinusitis all week too - we blame Taylor Swift! Am hoping it’s just a cold - did a COVID test but it was out of date ! 🤧

Starting to panic now, the logistics are doing my head in as we are doing a trip Sunday with the tent and then back in on Tuesday with all our clothes, food, alcohol etc. More the journey home Monday, I am not certain it is all going then fit back in the car in one go PLUS we have the daughter overnighting with us on the last evening so she is going to want a seat too 😄

Contemplating putting her on the roof instead...

On 6/17/2024 at 2:32 PM, balti-pie said:

I used two at Bearded Theory and despite some challenging climactic conditions at times, two self inflaters kept me toasty warm and really comfortable as a side and front sleeper. Enthusiastic recommendation 👍

Tbf although it was as muddy as f**k, it wasn't cold this year.  Last year's overnight temperatures were far lower.

I have to tell someone this so why not everyone here. We have recently moved house and are mid renovation, without a kitchen and living out of 1.5 rooms until well after the festival. Work is painful, we are both a bit burned out and the kitchen is now delayed yet again to after the festival. Things are stressful and difficult to say the least.

We have been getting stuff ready for the festival bit by bit and with the Mrs now working on the bars after a postcode screw up we needed new tents as we can't camp together and neither of us can take the 4-man by ourselves. We bought a 2 man for her and a 3 man for me at the start of June so we now have a happy trio of F&B tents with porches for all the camping we never do except for Glasto.

Time is ticking down to Tuesday when she heads to Bristol to head in with the bar crew and I head West to my folks before the off on Weds so after work we decided to get the kit out of the garage and start packing. First thing on the list is "Tent", obviously. We searched the flat for half an hour and the garage twice but could not find said brand new tents anywhere.

I saw 4 options of decreasing likelihood:

1. they are in the flat and we are being dim; (but really, unless they are in the freezer they aren't here)

2. they are in the garage and we are being dim; (not many places to hide in there)

3. we have thrown them away; or (ummm no...?)

4. one of the tradies or delivery drivers has nicked them. (Extremely unlikley as we have been here and they have been good folks)

Then it dawned that in the chaos and using big cardboard boxes as bins over the last few weeks, we had put them back in the box to keep tidy ...then forgot about them. We had therefore thrown them in the bin about 3 days after they arrived. Oh and even if they were in the latest box, the bin men came yesterday.

So the thing we did for Glasto today aside from getting our stuff out of the garage to start packing was to realise this after much searching and then buying another two tents for pick up at the weekend. I'm sure we will laugh about this at some point but it has been a very frosty and upsetting evening. If you're near a North London landfill and see a couple of Fresh and Black bags, they are brand new, give them a good home please!

...FFS

TLDR: we threw away two new F&B tents a few days after they arrived and only just realised so we have to buy them again urgently.

On 6/18/2024 at 4:27 PM, Spindles said:

Meh, got feckin' covid.  At least I should be recovered by Wednesday.

On 6/18/2024 at 8:19 PM, sedra said:

Yeah picked up a nasty cold  this week - my niece has been struggling with cold/sinusitis all week too - we blame Taylor Swift! Am hoping it’s just a cold - did a COVID test but it was out of date ! 🤧

Hope you're both feeling better soon. Partner came in from work last night complaining he didn't feel well and has woke up this morning with flu like symptoms. Staying well away from him as I'm setting off on Monday!!!