What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

On 6/20/2024 at 12:57 AM, Beaver89 said:

I have to tell someone this so why not everyone here. We have recently moved house and are mid renovation, without a kitchen and living out of 1.5 rooms until well after the festival. Work is painful, we are both a bit burned out and the kitchen is now delayed yet again to after the festival. Things are stressful and difficult to say the least.

We have been getting stuff ready for the festival bit by bit and with the Mrs now working on the bars after a postcode screw up we needed new tents as we can't camp together and neither of us can take the 4-man by ourselves. We bought a 2 man for her and a 3 man for me at the start of June so we now have a happy trio of F&B tents with porches for all the camping we never do except for Glasto.

Time is ticking down to Tuesday when she heads to Bristol to head in with the bar crew and I head West to my folks before the off on Weds so after work we decided to get the kit out of the garage and start packing. First thing on the list is "Tent", obviously. We searched the flat for half an hour and the garage twice but could not find said brand new tents anywhere.

I saw 4 options of decreasing likelihood:

1. they are in the flat and we are being dim; (but really, unless they are in the freezer they aren't here)

2. they are in the garage and we are being dim; (not many places to hide in there)

3. we have thrown them away; or (ummm no...?)

4. one of the tradies or delivery drivers has nicked them. (Extremely unlikley as we have been here and they have been good folks)

Then it dawned that in the chaos and using big cardboard boxes as bins over the last few weeks, we had put them back in the box to keep tidy ...then forgot about them. We had therefore thrown them in the bin about 3 days after they arrived. Oh and even if they were in the latest box, the bin men came yesterday.

So the thing we did for Glasto today aside from getting our stuff out of the garage to start packing was to realise this after much searching and then buying another two tents for pick up at the weekend. I'm sure we will laugh about this at some point but it has been a very frosty and upsetting evening. If you're near a North London landfill and see a couple of Fresh and Black bags, they are brand new, give them a good home please!

...FFS

TLDR: we threw away two new F&B tents a few days after they arrived and only just realised so we have to buy them again urgently.

ABSOLUTELY GUTTING. Hope you have a lovely time soon and it’s all a funny story but I would have just hid under my duvet.

Last of the booze purchased. 

Got our bags and airbed out of the loft.

All festival clothes have now been washed and are good to go.

Sack truck has been assembled. 

All that’s left to do now, is pack. 

Hiking boots, poncho, new socks all purchased. All the medicinal bits like Nexium, Rennies, paracetamol, dioralyte etc gotten. Got a new power bank which should see me through the 5 days. Pack attempt number one tonight and I'm more or less ready, although still have to get through two days of work on Monday and Tuesday! 

Checked into our final pre-festival accommodation and bought my booze, next its time to sort out the clothes so we can drop some bags off at the post-festival house tomorrow. Saw quite a few campervans with festival tickets on them as we drove from Ditcheat to Frome and back, guess these are likely to be workers. Also noticed that security are now posted at a lot more places than they were on Wednesday.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Finished work … cool box gone in work freezer with some water in the bottom and my cider … will be heavy but second load so should be fine 

I usually wrap the handle with bubble wrap (or simillar padding) and gaffer tape

Tent is up and airing overnight, camping chair and wellies are out of the shed, backpack emptied of my swim stuff ready to be packed tomorrow with festival stuff, festival cider has been sampled to test its authenticity. 

Tomorrow will be clothes packing pending most recent weather report, and going to Tesco to replace the cider tasted this evening. 

Edited by Talcroft
Spelling error

Final shopping bits for food, snacks, cans, socks, batteries ( luckily I got them as  I’d run out of spares and the microchip cat flap starting flashing at me when I got home - essential to put new ones in or the cats would have been locked out for a week!! ), some glittery nail varnish, Imodium and more cans ( Pimms, G&T) 

34 minutes ago, Skier68 said:

Last couple of days have reverted to ‘category B’ underpants, so that all ‘category A’ pants are freshly ready for Wednesday!

I operate the same system 😎 I believe that makes us pants brothers, which is nice 

56 minutes ago, Skier68 said:

Last couple of days have reverted to ‘category B’ underpants, so that all ‘category A’ pants are freshly ready for Wednesday!

Good shout - Cat A undies on the Monday after the fest is one of the last shreds of dignity I cling on to.

On 6/20/2024 at 12:57 AM, Beaver89 said:

I have to tell someone this so why not everyone here. We have recently moved house and are mid renovation, without a kitchen and living out of 1.5 rooms until well after the festival. Work is painful, we are both a bit burned out and the kitchen is now delayed yet again to after the festival. Things are stressful and difficult to say the least.

We have been getting stuff ready for the festival bit by bit and with the Mrs now working on the bars after a postcode screw up we needed new tents as we can't camp together and neither of us can take the 4-man by ourselves. We bought a 2 man for her and a 3 man for me at the start of June so we now have a happy trio of F&B tents with porches for all the camping we never do except for Glasto.

Time is ticking down to Tuesday when she heads to Bristol to head in with the bar crew and I head West to my folks before the off on Weds so after work we decided to get the kit out of the garage and start packing. First thing on the list is "Tent", obviously. We searched the flat for half an hour and the garage twice but could not find said brand new tents anywhere.

I saw 4 options of decreasing likelihood:

1. they are in the flat and we are being dim; (but really, unless they are in the freezer they aren't here)

2. they are in the garage and we are being dim; (not many places to hide in there)

3. we have thrown them away; or (ummm no...?)

4. one of the tradies or delivery drivers has nicked them. (Extremely unlikley as we have been here and they have been good folks)

Then it dawned that in the chaos and using big cardboard boxes as bins over the last few weeks, we had put them back in the box to keep tidy ...then forgot about them. We had therefore thrown them in the bin about 3 days after they arrived. Oh and even if they were in the latest box, the bin men came yesterday.

So the thing we did for Glasto today aside from getting our stuff out of the garage to start packing was to realise this after much searching and then buying another two tents for pick up at the weekend. I'm sure we will laugh about this at some point but it has been a very frosty and upsetting evening. If you're near a North London landfill and see a couple of Fresh and Black bags, they are brand new, give them a good home please!

...FFS

TLDR: we threw away two new F&B tents a few days after they arrived and only just realised so we have to buy them again urgently.

Oh mate I feel your pain.. the things we do for Glasto, any other festival you’d just throw in the towel.

Today is the day that I pack my bag! It's been across the floor of my room for a few days in piles, but today I will be putting clothes in the actual bag. 

Also going to sort out the food and drink sitution (fresh stuff is arriving on Tuesday).

Getting excitinggg

finished getting all the shopping done yesterday... went out for "one drink" to celebrate that fact...

no memory of getting home... and now have to pack with a banging hangover...  clever!  

30 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

finished getting all the shopping done yesterday... went out for "one drink" to celebrate that fact...

no memory of getting home... and now have to pack with a banging hangover...  clever!  

Think of it as training!