What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

47 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I've never really got on with cold brew. Both bought and made myself. Just like there's something lacking

You have to use really good coffee and even then it can be a bit sour sometimes if you don't get the grind right

I got obsessed with the sugary "iced coffee" you can buy in the supermarket and this is a much healthier way of consuming it even with a little bit of caramel syrup (I would never put any sweetener or even milk in a hot coffee but cold brew is a different game)

5 minutes ago, EavisAintDead said:

You have to use really good coffee and even then it can be a bit sour sometimes if you don't get the grind right

I got obsessed with the sugary "iced coffee" you can buy in the supermarket and this is a much healthier way of consuming it even with a little bit of caramel syrup (I would never put any sweetener or even milk in a hot coffee but cold brew is a different game)

Yeah, I tend to use decent coffee (my only major vice these days so don't mind spending a bit)

If I'm going for cold coffee (really haven't bothered yet this year) then iced V60 would be my go to

Today I started filling my Amazon basket with the begining of my "panic shop"

My boyfriend lost his phone last year so I'm thinking of getting him a case with a lanyard

Also started charging power banks today

2 weeeeeeks 😆

Running my cooler experiments, ordered the last of my bits, and made a friend at work walking through to my office who enquired as to my North Face bottle carrier cause she wanted something similar for Glastonbury!

10 hours ago, hihevs said:

My boyfriend lost his phone last year so I'm thinking of getting him a case with a lanyard

2 weeeeeeks 😆

Zero need to panic 2 weeks out :) especially with delivery speeds these days haha. 

11 hours ago, hihevs said:

2 weeeeeeks 😆

the first year i took a phone to the festival was 2002 - that was also the first year i LOST a phone at the festival!

(although my crew are still convinced i swapped it for a can of beer on the way back from the Glade)

ever since then i have tied my phone to myself in some way or other and has seemed to work so far - lanyard is a great idea!

5 minutes ago, bennyboi said:

Was passing the Offy where I get my Glastonbury Buckfast. 

They had a deal on 10xStella cans. 

So, I know have 20 cans, 1.5ltr of Bucky. It’s not much but it’s a start. 

How much is a bottle of the Buck these days? Tempted by my first bottle in years if I can find it in Bristol

You can get it in cans now, original or with lemonade ha

11 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah24 said:

How much is a bottle of the Buck these days? Tempted by my first bottle in years if I can find it in Bristol

You can get it in cans now, original or with lemonade ha

a place in Bridgwater that use to be a bargain booze but it’s independent now. 

£5 for a naggin (35cl)

£10 for 75cl.

I only drink it a G and I’ll save one bottle for Sunday night. Keeps me going. 

10 minutes ago, bennyboi said:

a place in Bridgwater that use to be a bargain booze but it’s independent now. 

£5 for a naggin (35cl)

£10 for 75cl.

I only drink it a G and I’ll save one bottle for Sunday night. Keeps me going. 

People bringing Gillets to Glastonbury and tenner for a bottle of buckfast. What is this world we're in 

Just now, Metal Monkey said:

This is quite tempting, I didn’t know you can ride into the site as a punter. 

works a treat . would only recommend for arrival / departure though .... just too busy onsite otherwise 

5 hours ago, nikkic said:

If I buy walking boots today, will I have enough time to break them in before Glasto?!

I controversially think that walking boots shouldn't need breaking in. If you go on a walk and they are not comfortable then I don't think you can magically make them comfortable. What you do need to do is try and replicate some of the conditions to check the comfort level so walking up and down a shop or a street isn't the same as walking over uneven ground and wearing them for 10 minutes isn't the same as wearing them for 10 hours.

If you buy new ones just make sure you have time to do a decent hike (at least 90 minutes-ish) over rough terrain wearing the kind of socks etc that you intend to wear at the festival. Any shoes or boots that I have bought have always either felt comfortable from the off or the issues they have had have never gone away. I have about 3 pairs of walking shoes that I can only wear for about an hour or 2 before they start having issues. I use them for shorter dog walks at home. I'd never bring them to the festival.

• Upvote 1

Ordered some walking boots.

Also bought a solar shower for a fiver (reduced from £19 as the box was broken). Bargain. 

Also ordered “bits” from Tesco. Wet wipes, sun cream, chewing gum, rehydration tablets and paracetamol. 

Now charging the power banks to see if they still work. 

A good day. 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I controversially think that walking boots shouldn't need breaking in. If you go on a walk and they are not comfortable then I don't think you can magically make them comfortable. What you do need to do is try and replicate some of the conditions to check the comfort level so walking up and down a shop or a street isn't the same as walking over uneven ground and wearing them for 10 minutes isn't the same as wearing them for 10 hours.

If you buy new ones just make sure you have time to do a decent hike (at least 90 minutes-ish) over rough terrain wearing the kind of socks etc that you intend to wear at the festival. Any shoes or boots that I have bought have always either felt comfortable from the off or the issues they have had have never gone away. I have about 3 pairs of walking shoes that I can only wear for about an hour or 2 before they start having issues. I use them for shorter dog walks at home. I'd never bring them to the festival.

Cheers. Will road test them upon arrival.