What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

19 hours ago, Talcroft said:

Tent is up and airing overnight, camping chair and wellies are out of the shed, backpack emptied of my swim stuff ready to be packed tomorrow with festival stuff, festival cider has been sampled to test its authenticity. 

Tomorrow will be clothes packing pending most recent weather report, and going to Tesco to replace the cider tasted this evening. 

Wellies in the shed, best check inside them for spiders 🕷️ 

Been adding to the pile, getting the last few things washed ready to pack and finalising my list of things still to get for when I’m in town Tuesday.. just about finished the list of instructions for the grandparents who are looking after our 7 and 9 year olds while we’re away…  feeling mostly organised. 

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Wellies in the shed, best check inside them for spiders 🕷️ 

Oh yes, fully hoovered out! 

The overnight tent ended up being a weather sacrifice too - obviously it rained so am now waiting for the tent to dry before packing it up again! 

Can I ask about id? I usually take my driving licence and have been asked to show it before when going in. My 15 year old son is coming along with me this time for his first time, but the only ID I have for him is his passport, which im not keen to take with us. Is a photocopy ok, as I've seen some things saying they don't accept them?

Just now, trevornorris said:

Can I ask about id? I usually take my driving licence and have been asked to show it before when going in. My 15 year old son is coming along with me this time for his first time, but the only ID I have for him is his passport, which im not keen to take with us. Is a photocopy ok, as I've seen some things saying they don't accept them?

Personally I’d bring it … can be stored in the free lockups dotted around site which are absolutely secure 

20 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Personally I’d bring it … can be stored in the free lockups dotted around site which are absolutely secure 

Cheers that is helpful, I wondered if others who have teenagers have the same issue and what ID they take as at that age your passport is probably your only photo ID.

4 minutes ago, trevornorris said:

Cheers that is helpful, I wondered if others who have teenagers have the same issue and what ID they take as at that age your passport is probably your only photo ID.

I know that they used to accept photocopies fifteen years ago. Used to take one of my sons with a photoshopped DoB. When he had a full beard it was difficult to say that he was big for his age. 
Maybe that’s why they don’t accept them anymore. 

I would take the original if I was you. You’d probably get in with a copy but they might want to do extra checks and who needs the hassle. The lockups are fantastic I’ve left passports and wallets full of cash in them before. Safe as houses 

10 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Been testing different VPNs for the Euros, should be good enough to then watch the Glasto sets live over the weekend.

I find Proton is the best for the iplayer and that shambles that is itvX

16 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I find Proton is the best for the iplayer and that shambles that is itvX

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to save it when my plan is due to be renewed in Feb next year. I bought a plan with Bitdefender which included a password manager and security for my laptop, but their VPN is absolute w*nk. Had to connect about ten times. Hopefully the same VPN number I chose works again Tuesday, as well as at the weekend. And it def doesn't work with ITV for some reason

EDIT: just realised Proton do a 30 day trial. Might try it out for the rest of the Euros

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

I’ve driven down to the south west, and am currently in a travelodge on the a37 just a twenty min drive down the road from the oxfield 👍 going to have a Burger King and watch the Scotland game in my pants, because I know how to live the high life! 

Edited by balti-pie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

After procrastinating for weeks, I decided to make a start on the ambitious task of “packing light”.

Last few years I’ve had an 85L backpack, and always ended up in a faff trying to attach various things to it (tent, sleeping bag etc) and inevitably ended up carrying stuff too! 

Bought a 65L pack a few weeks back, the logic being the tent and everything could go in the old big one on my back, and  clothes and the rest in the new one either on the front or carrying.

Somehow I now have 2 fully stuffed backpacks, and a massive pile of stuff left next to them! 🤦‍♂️

Time for a cider and a rethink! 😂

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

I’ve driven down to the south west, and am currently in a travelodge on the a37 just a twenty min drive down the road from the oxfield 👍 going to have a Burger King and watch the Scotland game in my pants, because I know how to live the high life! 

Tomorrow at this time we’ll be in an M5  travelodge then on to the Glastonbury travelodge, a nice day in the town then on to the farm early am. 
hope you enjoy the game. pants? I’m behind the sofa watching it😉😊

57 minutes ago, theciderviking said:

After procrastinating for weeks, I decided to make a start on the ambitious task of “packing light”.

Last few years I’ve had an 85L backpack, and always ended up in a faff trying to attach various things to it (tent, sleeping bag etc) and inevitably ended up carrying stuff too! 

Bought a 65L pack a few weeks back, the logic being the tent and everything could go in the old big one on my back, and  clothes and the rest in the new one either on the front or carrying.

Somehow I now have 2 fully stuffed backpacks, and a massive pile of stuff left next to them! 🤦‍♂️

Time for a cider and a rethink! 😂

Mines 85L and I’ve totally overpacked. Think it’s basically the size of me at this point 🫣 plus all the additional things I’ve got to carry, snacks, camping stuff, cool box etc! Saving grace is I’m with Oxfam so my car should be pretty close! 

Taken Hollie The Rescue Hound (HTRH) to her Grandad's house for her annual holiday. Kills me every year as the house feels weird when she's not here. I love her so much. 😭

All sorted now really.  Just need to pack it all.

I miss Hollie. 😔