Graspop 2024

xydroh

Thursday:

Night Verses -> Silverstein/Bleed From Within -> Alien Weaponry -> Bury Tomorrow -> Health -> Textures -> Heart -> Crosses -> Alice Cooper/Polyphia -> Tool

Friday:

Landsdowne -> big gap -> Avantasia -> Fu Manchu -> Turnstile -> Pendulum

Saturday:

Vola -> Mammoth WVH -> While She Sleeps -> Architects -> Blind Guardian -> Wolfmother -> Bring Me The Horizon

Sunday:

Future Palace -> Skynd -> Crystal Lake/Dream State -> Black Stone Cherry/Vukovi -> Body Count FT Ice-T -> Of Mice & Men -> Deep Purple -> Scorpions -> Machine Head

• 2 weeks later...

Might sound like a weird question but do trains “sell out”?

Im a bit worried about not being able to book our trains on 29th when they’re released as I’m away and don’t want to end up on a train that makes my connection at Brussels for my Eurostar tighter than it needs to be

Edited by strudd3rs

17 hours ago, strudd3rs said:

Merch pre order is up on the website.

would people say this is worth doing? I’ve seen people talk about the chaos of the queues in boneyard camping for merch 😅

There was chaos because there was no pre-order option untill now. It's something new. I would try it. 

Merch on the festival site is shite, you could wait for hours. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The weather in Belgium is horrible since a few days. Today Graspop announced most of the parkings won't open tomorrow. Camping seems a disaster. I was normally going to the festival on Saturday but haven't bought a ticket on TicketSwap yet... until today, there were a few tickets but not that much: it has changed a lot since this morning! So many tickets for Saturday - but also other - are put on sale. Really curious on how it will end... honestly, I'll wait until Friday to see if I take a ticket or not.

Good luck for the people there for the 4-5 days with camping...

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

Arriving early in the morning tomorrow, my first Graspop and let's pray to not be a disaster

I have no idea how you are getting there but just a heads up that they have confirmed that they have closed all carparks all weekend.

There is a full section on the GMM website about alternatives for people affected

35 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I have no idea how you are getting there but just a heads up that they have confirmed that they have closed all carparks all weekend.

There is a full section on the GMM website about alternatives for people affected

Damn, that's bad. I wasn't going by car anyway but i'm starting to fear about an atrocious weekend

All parkings around the festival will stay closed the whole weekend. Impossible to use them. If you still come by car, you have to go to a parking a bit far away and take the shuttle. They ask to people who come for one day to come back home after the festival and don't use the camping because a part of it is closed: I see some photos of the camping... I don't wanna see the closed part. Based on photos on Instagram, the field seems ok but it's start raining again... It changes all the time: they announce some rain for tomorrow but nothing on Saturday and a big sun on Sunday but it was different when I looked at the meteo 2h ago. Really a sh*tty Summer so far!

• Like 1

My Band Review

My Mrs and I stayed in an Airbnb/Hotel, so we didn't go through the nightmare of camping.

Thursday

Arrived really late, couldn't see the first bands.

• Kerry King (6/10): Slayer by numbers but Osegueda is a great singer.
  • Babymetal (7/10): Funny gimmick, never got to see them live.
  • Crosses (10/10): Blew me away.
  • Polyphia (8/10): So much better than I expected, liked how much it had crowd interaction despite it being an instrumental set.
  • Tool (9/10): Watched from afar and it was cold, so we didn't enjoy it properly. Anyway, huge band with a great set, my second time seeing them and first time seeing them in full darkness.

Friday

• Fear Factory (8/10): New singer is good, had a few great sing-alongs.
  • Bruce Dickinson (6/10): Poor setlist choice, great band though.
  • Electric Callboy (10/10): So much fun, biggest non-headline crowd of the weekend.
  • Turnstile (10/10): Them just after Callboy with the crowd going like that, wow. This band is going places.
  • Judas Priest (6/10): Only caught half of their set as I went to drink. Liked what I saw though.
  • Five Finger Death Punch (5/10): One of my favorite bands in high school, but, man, they are dull as f**k live. Had a great sing-along with some tunes because I was drunk, but that was not a proper headline set.

Saturday

• Steel Panther (3/10): Seriously, this isn't funny anymore. That Ozzy thing made me cringe, not laugh.
  • While She Sleeps (7/10): Don't like their new songs, the majority of their set, but good for them to get such a good spot in a major festival outside the UK.
  • Architects (8/10): So much better than when I saw them last year.
  • Limp Bizkit (10/10): Set of the weekend, SO. MUCH. ENERGY..
  • Avenged Sevenfold (9/10): Love the new album, so I'm all here for it.
  • Bring Me The Horizon (10/10): Now they are definitely a bonafide festival headliner. They have the tunes, the energy, the crowd, the production, everything. The Linkin Park of the new generation.

Sunday

• Ihsahn (9/10): Brilliant set by one of the most underrated metal songwriters out there.
  • Malevolence (10/10): Stayed in the pit the whole time.
  • Corey Taylor (8/10): Don't like his solo stuff at all but great sing-along, he seemed to be having a good time as well.
  • Slaughter to Prevail (7/10): Deathcore by numbers but damn, Alex is an impressive frontman.
  • Machine Head (9/10): What a way to end the weekend. It's a shame they burned their chances of being a regular major festival headliner, but they still have everything to be it. Fun from start to finis.

• Upvote 3

Been to Saturday and Sunday but without the camping. I didn't have to sleep in this apocalypse. The show from Limp Bizkit was f**kin' insane. I expected to enjoy it of course but not that way. I was my 10th time at Graspop and it's rare to see such an crazy crowd from the barrier to the sound-desk. BMTH was so good too, even if I expected a set-list a bit more different from the UK tour earlier this year. I enjoyed VukoviMake Them SufferCorey TaylorWhile She Sleeps and Steel Panther more than expected. Architects did a great show as always but the sound wasn't powerful enough and I did prefer the show from 2023. My deceptions were Avenged Sevenfold because of the setlist and Body Count because the whole set wasn't that good between an old Ice-T, his kids moving around for nothing and a set-list not that good. Huge difference between both 2015 and 2018 sick shows and this year.

Graspop smashed it out the park. Again. This really is an absolutely superb festival in every way, with a line-up catering for (just about) everyone's tastes across the rock/metal spectrum. Thought the organisers handled all the rain really well on the festival grounds (wasn't camping so can't speak to that), queues for anything were negligible and it was a really friendly party atmosphere. Band of the WE - A7X, followed by LB, Cooper, Priest, Turnstile, Steel panther, Megadeth, Bodycount, Last Interntionale and a special word for Brian Downey: played in the pouring rain to a microscopic crowd, but still gave it everything in a belter of a set. Only disappointments were the prices - eyewateringly expensive for a tiny portion of mediocre festival fare - and Deep Purple, who clearly didn't care how bad they were. They really were abysmal. But still, an absolute 10/10 for me - a truly magnificient time.

• Like 1