Meet me in the bathroom - book recs

internetjef

8 minutes ago, tomlc said:

Steven Van Zandt - Unrequited Infatuations is a fascinating read. What a life. 

Felix White - It’s always summer somewhere is also great, particularly if you’re into music and cricket. 

What if Given to the wild is one of your fave albums but you absolutely despise Cricket.

Still worth reading the book?

• 7 months later...

Rebooting this thread - as ive just finished the titular Meet Me In The Bathroom - was a good read took a while to get into the format - constantly referring back to the front to see who people were - definitely impacted what im listening to atm -  and made me very tempted to buy Interpol tickets.  

Got, So It Started There - by Nick Banks up next 

4 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Rebooting this thread - as ive just finished the titular Meet Me In The Bathroom - was a good read took a while to get into the format - constantly referring back to the front to see who people were - definitely impacted what im listening to atm -  and made me very tempted to buy Interpol tickets.  

Seen the documentary of 'Meet in the Bathroom'? Nice companion piece, there's some really good early footage of the bands, and damn, do they all look so young. It's worth a watch. 

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Seen the documentary of 'Meet in the Bathroom'? Nice companion piece, there's some really good early footage of the bands, and damn, do they all look so young. It's worth a watch. 

Yeah i was definitely gonna watch it -  Don't supose you know anywhere its easily available channel, streaming service wise?  

Read this after getting it for Xmas. Great book, would be interested to see the doc.

Question is, how many times did I have to keep referring back to the front of the book to remind myself who most of the contributors were!!??! I knew all the obvious ones but couldn't keep track of lots of new names!

Edited by Yokel Again

1 minute ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Yeah i was definitely gonna watch it -  Don't supose you know anywhere its easily available channel, streaming service wise?  

I...er... borrowed...it from the internet. Drop me a PM and I might be able to sort you out...

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

The Nick Banks book is brilliant!

I've got the Blur documentary / Live at Wembley Blu-ray to watch at some point. Looking forward to the movie and to watching the show back as it was the day I was there