7 minutes ago, VCF said:

The Smashing Pumpkins might be playing Live Is Live.

https://www.liveislive.be/artists/the-smashing-pumpkins

Like The National it gets you to a protected page. If you try with other bands page is not found.

(thanks to festileaks for this)

In that case I'm going to stop mentioning bands because it seems I'm cursing them to get ruled out as soon as I do...

12 minutes ago, VCF said:

The Smashing Pumpkins might be playing Live Is Live.

https://www.liveislive.be/artists/the-smashing-pumpkins

Like The National it gets you to a protected page. If you try with other bands page is not found.

(thanks to festileaks for this)

Is Live Is Live a proper festival (so to speak) or is it one of these events that is just a series of outdoor concerts? Just The National and The Smashing Pumpkins is a great start to proceedings for me.

Just now, 49Lawson said:

Is Live Is Live a proper festival (so to speak) or is it one of these events that is just a series of outdoor concerts? Just The National and The Smashing Pumpkins is a great start to proceedings for me.

To follow up on these questions, what are the ticket prices like? What's the crowd size and is there camping or is it more of a series of outdoor city shows?

Not sure if its worth starting a separate thread to discuss but imagine a lot of people here will have interest across both.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah it's a new festival (as if we did not have enough in Belgium).

2022 was the first edition on the beach in Zeebrugge. 3 days, one stage, 5-6 acts a day. No camping. I was there for the National day with Wilco and dEUS on the undercard. 

Food lineup is curated by the Best Kept Secret festival team.

I paid 69 EUR that day for general admission but there were seating tickets in a stand behind the pit at 89 EUR and "front stage tickets" at 99 EUR, which is the biggest downside of this festival in my opinion. VIP areas in a festival is a no for me.

I wasn't there this year but they moved to the Middenvijverpark in Antwerp and it was only 2 days IIRC. They also added an acoustic stage with a few acts. No camping either.

Might be useful to get an idea of the location :

Edited by VCF
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, VCF said:

2022 was the first edition on the beach in Zeebrugge. 3 days, one stage, 5-6 acts a day. No camping. I was there for the National day with Wilco and dEUS on the undercard. 

How was the crowd? During their last shows (Pukkelpop 19, Primavera 22, Ziggo 23) there was a lot of energy during their concerts. 

8 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

How was the crowd? During their last shows (Pukkelpop 19, Primavera 22, Ziggo 23) there was a lot of energy during their concerts. 

I preferred the Live is Live crowd to Ziggo! Setting was also excellent. The National with the sunset on the beach and slowly turning into the dark. Can hardly make it better.

Ziggo was a great gig but I was a bit in a dead spot tbf.

Edited by VCF

7 minutes ago, VCF said:

Live /s Live • An Antwerp city music festival (liveislive.be)

The National and The Smashing Pumpkins confirmed!

Honestly I prefer to see The Smashing Pumpkins headliner there than sub at RW. Always found their shows a bit boring tbh.

With Novarock and Rock Am Ring announcing on 2/3 November, I guess we would have an announcement of Foo Fighters at RW on Friday 3rd...

6 minutes ago, Archi said:

Honestly I prefer to see The Smashing Pumpkins headliner there than sub at RW. Always found their shows a bit boring tbh.

With Novarock and Rock Am Ring announcing on 2/3 November, I guess we would have an announcement of Foo Fighters at RW on Friday 3rd...

Foo Fighters played RaR this year, so I guess it's not them.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SonicSleuth said:

Bad Bunny is an enormous artist in some cultures and age groups. He even acted in a fairly major role with Brad Pitt in that "Bullet Train" movie recently, and the Bunny fans were very excited. But his music is completely irrelevant to most Werchter fans, and the money he would command is enormous, such that it would remove one of the biggest rock headliners. No thank you.

He was good in Bullet Train tbf. I actually didn't know he was a musician before seeing that, which is perhaps the nature of the beast.

We've all seen the back-and-forth in the Glasto threads but nature of the beast is that the UK charts isn't exactly known for producing a steady stream of Spanish language pop hits. I assume Spanish festivals are likelier to go for and the rest of Europe might well just be solo sets, unless he's willing to accept lower down slots.

25 minutes ago, MK1 said:

That's only in the US i think. Question will be if Greenday play UK Europe in May june perhaps some july before going to the States??????

It says "UK/EU You're Next" which I would think implied that this tour is after the US one, but if Smashing Pumpkins is playing LiveIsLive, than maybe the exchange point is around the end of June. 

3 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

What do we think of Paul McCartney? He headlined Glastonbury in 2022 and has resumed his Got back-tour. Would probably be the last chance to see one from the Beatles. 

Exciting idea. They need a really big name if there aren't a lot of options this summer. I also wondered about Roger Waters, but I don't know if he's been to Belgium recently. Maybe not with the current powder keg in Israel...

• Upvote 1