So anyone adamant they are not going next year ?

cidy

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Mate of mine bought a ticket from a security guy one year. For £500 mind you. But the bloke was just sat outside The King Arthur pub in Glasto town selling passes in between shifts.

Local taxi driver I had one year told me he used to smuggle people in when he was a delivery driver.

A lot of the locals absolutely hate the festival anyway so they'll milk/abuse it for all its worth if they can. 

Surely not that many festival hating locals are paying to be smuggled in? 

That would be an interesting Venn diagram. 

(I know what you meant really)

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Isn't that a metaphorical tunnel (as opposed to an actual hole in the ground....)?

I’ve always heard of a physical tunnel but as the story is mythical I’ve no idea if it started off as metaphorical! 

Can’t believe it’s as high as 20,000 break ins, the scale of the parking alone would be massive. 
Trains are already rammed full, and anywhere within walking distance would have parking restrictions. 

Everywhere feels busier because large chunks of the festival are empty, and everyone’s watching the same few acts, will only get worse as the price of bands and artists increases and they can afford fewer big clashes. 

7 hours ago, Skip997 said:

My belief is that "unofficially" they aren't that bothered as long as they've sold enough tickets to put the event on.

A potentially dangerous game. All it takes is a very serious incident and that laxity gets very heavily scrutinised. And in 2022 and 2023 (particularly the former) I witnessed some really horrendous crushes

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

A potentially dangerous game. All it takes is a very serious incident and that laxity gets very heavily scrutinised. And in 2022 and 2023 (particularly the former) I witnessed some really horrendous crushes

I'm amazed that we've not had a very serious incident.

If people think 2022 and 2023 were bad, they were nothing compared with some of the 90's pre "super fence". Literally 10's of 1000's getting in through the fence.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

I'm amazed that we've not had a very serious incident.

If people think 2022 and 2023 were bad, they were nothing compared with some of the 90's pre "super fence". Literally 10's of 1000's getting in through the fence.

Yeah, I can imagine. Luckily, in that instance they reacted before any serious incident took place. As much as people hated that fence, and what it stood for, it kept people safe in many ways.

Still 30 and out. Happy with that. Got two last ones I didn't deserve but also two of my least favourites partly due to me and partly cos of the crowding. I'll be happy to catch the bits I want on TV next year knowing I've got a better view and more comfort than being there.