Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

12 minutes ago, ravermum said:

I've just accepted a last minute place with Wateraid. I've tried every possible volunteering and working route and waitlist over the last several months. I'm completely delighted. Posting this to others still holding on, hoping. Keep going. Keep checking. Keep trying.

Great news, so pleased for you!

13 minutes ago, ravermum said:

I've just accepted a last minute place with Wateraid. I've tried every possible volunteering and working route and waitlist over the last several months. I'm completely delighted. Posting this to others still holding on, hoping. Keep going. Keep checking. Keep trying.

Brilliant news 🥳 See you on the farm 

1 hour ago, ravermum said:

Congratulations, never give up trying. It worked for me in 2016 just constantly bombarding everyone and everything until you manage to get in.

Nice work! Were you on the waiting list? 

1 minute ago, grantyh said:

Nice work! Were you on the waiting list? 

I applied for the original deadline and got an email saying I hadn't been selected and I would hear if there were further offers but that there were no waiting lists.

34 minutes ago, ravermum said:

I applied for the original deadline and got an email saying I hadn't been selected and I would hear if there were further offers but that there were no waiting lists.

Could be that WaterAid are anticipating a messy year, so they are 'reinforcing' the Loo Crews ? 🙂

I never put myself forward for the earlies seeing as I don't drive and live up by Glasgow, so travel really can't be flexible enough to make them work - would cost me a good hundred quid more (minimum) in travel to book so late. Also Monday - Monday in the fields is already knackering enough. Not sure I could hack the extra days anymore.

Would be nice to have the whole of the festival off though! Maybe one day.

2 hours ago, ravermum said:

Hiya! Congrats and well done for holding out!! Were you on the reserve list from an application earlier in the year or did you express interest more recently? Would love to volunteer with wateraid if they need more people! 

23 minutes ago, oakdown said:

I never put myself forward for the earlies seeing as I don't drive and live up by Glasgow, so travel really can't be flexible enough to make them work - would cost me a good hundred quid more (minimum) in travel to book so late. Also Monday - Monday in the fields is already knackering enough. Not sure I could hack the extra days anymore.

Would be nice to have the whole of the festival off though! Maybe one day.

Yeah not sure I could hack it. 6 nights in a tent this year will already be the most I've ever camped, never mind a few extra days 😅

28 minutes ago, SezOrgan said:

Hiya! Congrats and well done for holding out!! Were you on the reserve list from an application earlier in the year or did you express interest more recently? Would love to volunteer with wateraid if they need more people! 

Thank you! I applied earlier in the year. I was also on waitlist for Compost Toilet crew - here is the email address to add yourself if you want to poocrew2@naturalevent.co.uk

19 minutes ago, ravermum said:

Thank you! I applied earlier in the year. I was also on waitlist for Compost Toilet crew - here is the email address to add yourself if you want to poocrew2@naturalevent.co.uk

Thank you 🙂

19 minutes ago, lazymagnet said:

Did I spot you're painting bins @BillieBobs? Such a fabulous job!! Congrats and enjoy.

Please send us ground/weather updates regularly when you're on site 🤣 you'll be our knowledge haha!! xx

Indeed I am! Actual dream come true 😍🎨 

Happy to send you guys regular updates. Might help you with your packing list 😂 I’m holding out hope for a warm sunny festival but I’ve been realistic and packed some wet weather stuff too. Muddy or sunshine we’re in for a treat! Can’t wait to see you all there real soon 🥳

• Upvote 1

First of all congratulations on getting a place.

Second, it’s not very inviting having to email the poo crew 😂

I'm volunteering with Avalon.. Just wondering about the beer situation in the crew bars.. Think I've read that some places sell cans for around £2? Does that mean there's less point in bringing a lot of beer in ourselves then or what do you guys think?

4 minutes ago, Afterlife said:

I'm volunteering with Avalon.. Just wondering about the beer situation in the crew bars.. Think I've read that some places sell cans for around £2? Does that mean there's less point in bringing a lot of beer in ourselves then or what do you guys think?

Depends how fussy you are about your cans! Im a snob, i'd turn my nose up at standard cooking lager, even if its free to be honest. I'd rather pay for something i know i like. But then i only have a couple of beers a day (and theyll tend to be 10% imperial stouts etc) rather than 4% lager necessitating more trips to the loo . . . 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Depends how fussy you are about your cans! Im a snob, i'd turn my nose up at standard cooking lager, even if its free to be honest. I'd rather pay for something i know i like. But then i only have a couple of beers a day (and theyll tend to be 10% imperial stouts etc) rather than 4% lager necessitating more trips to the loo . . . 

Not particularly fussy tbh.. I mean, Carlsberg would be one of my least favourite beers and I still drank pints of that all weekend last time I was there. Just thinking it might be handier to not have to carry a load of cans with me if they're readily available in crew bars and I could just pick up six at a time for £12 or so.

1 minute ago, Afterlife said:

Not particularly fussy tbh.. I mean, Carlsberg would be one of my least favourite beers and I still drank pints of that all weekend last time I was there. Just thinking it might be handier to not have to carry a load of cans with me if they're readily available in crew bars and I could just pick up six at a time for £12 or so.

You're never far from a staff bar, but the cheapest i saw last year were the pints in Tom's bar in recycling - they were about £4 a pint for ales, of which they had five or six. They definitely have cans in the staff bars but im not sure they were as cheap as £2 apiece. I'd always bring some cans, just cos its great to be sat down and remember you have them there, and dont have to get up and queue for a bit. My favourite staff bar is probably the Tow and Hitch by arcadia, its really comfy, hugely recommended! 

17 minutes ago, Afterlife said:

Or if you know anyone who is driving there, just arrange for them to carry some weighty (alcoholic) cargo for you ?  Should only cost a pint/can in thanks ?

Just now, This_Fields_Good said:

Or if you know anyone who is driving there, just arrange for them to carry some weighty (alcoholic) cargo for you ?  Should only cost a pint/can in thanks ?

I'm actually flying in from Ireland by myself. Don't know anyone else going to the festival, but I'll have plenty of time between getting to Bristol and my bus time to pick up some cans. Shouldn't be too much hassle