Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

3 hours ago, bigchoc said:

Can anybody explain how they are getting Web page monitors like distill to work? It's really sticky for me and won't even log in. I tried another one and it records me logging in and selecting to watch the drop down menu but the check itself never actually works due to the Recaptcha I am not a robot part...it gets booted off at that stage. What's the workaround?

Distill worked for me by having the tab open and logged in, and leaving it open.

I might be misremembering but just have a look at if you can log in to oxfam as normal on the separate tab then set up distill to monitor that tab. I remember trying to log in using distill and coming across the same issue. I had it checking every 5 minutes and it kept me logged in as long as my laptop was on and unlocked (using phone alerts on the Distill app if i was away from it).

I never needed it in the end apart from easily getting my Reading one,so it hasn't got me a Glasto place! I didn't use it long term so not sure when it does actually log you out, but I left it going a good few hours for a couple of days 

Edited by efcfanwirral

8 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Distill worked for me by having the tab open and logged in, and leaving it open.

I might be misremembering but just have a look at if you can log in to oxfam as normal on the separate tab then set up distill to monitor that tab. I remember trying to log in using distill and coming across the same issue. I had it checking every 5 minutes and it kept me logged in as long as my laptop was on and unlocked (using phone alerts on the Distill app if i was away from it).

I never needed it in the end apart from easily getting my Reading one,so it hasn't got me a Glasto place! I didn't use it long term so not sure when it does actually log you out, but I left it going a good few hours for a couple of days 

Yep, this is what I had running. Just have to check every so often in case your browser has logged you out

I've just had to cancel my Oxfam place. 

f**king devastated.

I'd mentioned in a different thread about some problems I've been having. One of those problems was medical and that has now made it impossible for me to attend. 

Actually, that's not 100% true, I could attend but it could only make the situation worse and isn't worth the risk.

This has, for a variety of reasons, been a properly sh*t year and this is just the cherry on the f**king top.

Like I said. f**king devastated.

Good luck grabbing my place for everyone still trying

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

f**king devastated.

I'd mentioned in a different thread about some problems I've been having. One of those problems was medical and that has now made it impossible for me to attend. 

Actually, that's not 100% true, I could attend but it could only make the situation worse and isn't worth the risk.

This has, for a variety of reasons, been a properly sh*t year and this is just the cherry on the f**king top.

Aw sorry to hear that . Hopefully you get the medical thing sorted and will be back next time . 

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

f**king devastated.

Sorry to hear that, get well soon. 

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

f**king devastated.

Ah mate, that sucks, sorry to hear it. And you might want to tell me to piss off here but this time next year you'll be double excited to be going after an enforced break, and in a few years time you'll chalk it down to the needs of the time, and wont really think about it. There'll be more glastonburys, and you'll be at em 👍 

(my mate is missing out this year for reasons out of his control, so we're well practiced in finding silver linings this year!)

6 hours ago, philipsteak said:

f**king devastated.

You’ve put your health first and you must be gutted and it’s the absolute right thing to do. I’m on the comeback (not always a straightforward one) from very serious illness and I completely sympathise.  Here’s to you being back next year and much healthier for having passed on this year.  Someone’s dream is about to come true when they get the gift of the spot you had to pass on this year and I hope they raise a toast to you

7 hours ago, philipsteak said:

f**king devastated.

Aw so sorry to read this. Was looking forward to meeting you. Hope the health problems are under control and take care of yourself. There’s always next year! 

f**king devastated.

Ah man, sorry to hear this... sh*t times....

Hope you're going to be OK.

As others have, your health's more important.

There will be other opportunities to be back I'm sure.

Take care of yourself!

f**king devastated.

Sorry to hear this 

Take care and see you next year

19 hours ago, philipsteak said:

f**king devastated.

Ah mate I’m gutted for you! There’ll be plenty more Glastonbury’s though, and your health has to come first. Prioritise getting better and you’ll be back on the farm in no time