Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

12 hours ago, thewomble said:

Just got my shifts - really pleased with them! 
Wednesday 6-2 gate A 

Thursday night shift gate B 

Saturday 2-10 gate D 

Friday off was all I wanted and can still enjoy Saturday night once I’m finished 🙌🏻 Buzzing 

That weds am shift is, I think, the best place to be when the festival opens.  Will be great.

• Like 1

I was told a Hi Vis is a must, but the majority aren’t wearing them. However it is a good idea as the heavy traffic is dangerous so do be careful. I had a close encounter with a speeding mega sized fork lift truck on Pyle Lane, it could easily have caused serious injury. And I’m amazed how many huge tractors are bombing around on site. It’s not a safe place! 

17 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Excellent!

I got the same shift pattern! Will see you on the Thursday night shift on Gate B and the Saturday afternoon on Gate D 😀

Nice one see you then 😄 think we’ve got really lucky with these shifts, love that the night shift is just at gate B!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JackP1994 said:

Hope everyone is having a great time! 

I apologise if it’s been asked and answered already, but does anyone know if any crew bars are showing the football tonight? 

Loving Hands is advertising it (Silver Hayes), and I've heard that the Woodsies one is showing it but that crew bar is an undiscovered myth. Would recommend getting to them early

• Upvote 1

On 6/6/2024 at 2:02 PM, ravermum said:

Thank you! I applied earlier in the year. I was also on waitlist for Compost Toilet crew - here is the email address to add yourself if you want to poocrew2@naturalevent.co.uk

Currently on a very busy train on the way to Castle Cary. Standing room only. It's horrific.

Thanks! I emailed poocrew straight after seeing this, so about 2 weeks ago and a spot came up yesterday! Yewwwww.