Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

19 minutes ago, thewomble said:

Partly priority but also just really enjoyed myself 🙂 Have always fancied 2000 Trees or Download but probably not enough to go otherwise so Oxfam seems a good choice to try them out. Plus adds up towards the 7 in 7 years priority!

Yep that makes perfect sense. I've always found Oxfam to be at it's most useful for me when it comes to trying out a festival that I'd quite like to do but can't justify the cost and/or don't have friends interested.

And the 7 in 7 criteria is certainly useful once you get to that point - it allowed me to skip last year entirely, whilst still retaining priority status for a few more years.

1 hour ago, -TLR- said:

i've never, ever considered volunteering before - but i think i would really like to give it a go next year, i think i'm at a point were i would like to see the festival from a different perspective. 

you definitely get that, but a word of caution is that you really have to be at that point also where you are willing to miss anything and that there are no real "must sees". We got an absolute dream of a shift pattern this year (two done by 6am Friday and 2-10 Saturday, meaning we saw all our must sees) but are well aware it could go the other way. 

Personally not at the point of choosing it by default but will always make sure we get ourselves priority in case we miss out on tickets

7 minutes ago, incident said:

In an interview with EE published in the Sunday edition of the paper.

6 minutes ago, dondo said:

It was in the Glastonbury paper on the Sunday though Emily had mooted it in the interview she did with Nick Grimshaw and Annie Mac before the festival 

Oh wow... I know she'd mentioned it but didn't think they'd really go with a 4 festival run. 

Thanks for the info.