Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

4 minutes ago, dondo said:

For recycling crew it's only at the recycling crew catering and believe same for Oxfam. Not sure about others but would imagine so

Cheers Dondo. It’s my daughter who’s enquiring as she’s working for Avalon. If both Oxfam and recycling are crew catering only I would imagine it will be the same for Avalon 

1 minute ago, Johnnyseven said:

Don't agree with their description of Maceo's, it's loads bigger than that.

Though Maceo’s can barely fit more than 20 people, or 50 if it’s really hoofing off

I thought exactly the same… I’ve been in the bouncing dance floor lorry with about 50 people 😂

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I thought exactly the same… I’ve been in the bouncing dance floor lorry with about 50 people 😂

Yep, you could get alot more than 20 people waiting at the bar and there still be plenty of space. As well as the dancefloor there's the whole area of tables undercover that's got to be 10m x 5m and the whole outside area.

10 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Don't agree with their description of Maceo's, it's loads bigger than that.

Though Maceo’s can barely fit more than 20 people, or 50 if it’s really hoofing off

But then below that it says capacity 700

Ahhhh, Slippery d*ck’s is on there! I somehow ended up there in 2005 and I’ve often wondered what the hell it was, where it was, and why I couldn’t ever find it again; this is starting to support my own lost memory from years ago 🤣

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Yep, you could get alot more than 20 people waiting at the bar and there still be plenty of space. As well as the dancefloor there's the whole area of tables undercover that's got to be 10m x 5m and the whole outside area.

IMG_5186.thumb.jpeg.d671c8f62935fb4e96cdb6fd8dd2e34e.jpegIMG_5185.thumb.jpeg.d5daf41a78311bdff0b7a03ea37909e1.jpeg

from my last year pics… maybe it used to be smaller years ago? 

Edited by stuie

11 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Ahhhh, Slippery d*ck’s is on there! I somehow ended up there in 2005 and I’ve often wondered what the hell it was, where it was, and why I couldn’t ever find it again; this is starting to support my own lost memory from years ago 🤣

Intrigued what slippery dicks was like 😂 

13 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I think it's talking about the actual music/dance bit.

Maybe… 50 people in a lorry trailer + dj booth is about right 😂

17 minutes ago, stuie said:

Intrigued what slippery dicks was like 😂 

Like a tiki bar deep in some woodlands, down a winding path, with a central fire pit and lots of room. It was out the back of Lost Vagueness but a fair few times I’ve been out there to the greater reaches of the SE corner to try and place it a bit: nope, not a clue 😁 the name hangs around in the old memory banks though, Slippery d*ck’s love shack! I was a punter too, so I wasn’t meant to be there, I’m completely lost as to how we got in there 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Like a tiki bar deep in some woodlands, down a winding path, with a central fire pit and lots of room. It was out the back of Lost Vagueness but a fair few times I’ve been out there to the greater reaches of the SE corner to try and place it a bit: nope, not a clue 😁 the name hangs around in the old memory banks though, Slippery d*ck’s love shack! I was a punter too, so I wasn’t meant to be there, I’m completely lost as to how we got in there 

I just read my quoted post back and in isolation I’m not sure it sounded like what I meant 😂😂

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, stuie said:

I just read my quoted post back and in isolation I’m not sure it sounded like what I meant 😂😂

🤣🤣 thought I’d errr . . . play it with a straight bat, as it were 

3 hours ago, JB3 said:

Cheers Dondo. It’s my daughter who’s enquiring as she’s working for Avalon. If both Oxfam and recycling are crew catering only I would imagine it will be the same for Avalon 

The Avalon field has a mess tent which someone described as ‘Proper basic good grub…Full English , Mac n cheese etc .Carbs and all you need for a good day out . Use your vouchers anytime . Can possibly get pack lunch for work shifts . 

I think that is the only place you can use them.

16 hours ago, DJL said:

The Avalon field has a mess tent which someone described as ‘Proper basic good grub…Full English , Mac n cheese etc .Carbs and all you need for a good day out . Use your vouchers anytime . Can possibly get pack lunch for work shifts . 

I think that is the only place you can use them.

Cheers mate 👍

Help!! Does anyone have a spare car pass for Glastonbury. I am volunteering with the recycle crew and they haven't sent me one. I've been told I need to buy one , which I don't have the funds for. Thank you 

11 minutes ago, highnrg123 said:

Help!! Does anyone have a spare car pass for Glastonbury. I am volunteering with the recycle crew and they haven't sent me one. I've been told I need to buy one , which I don't have the funds for. Thank you 

Did you request one? If so contact Fiona and she might send one out? You could contact her anyway and plead for one perhaps? 

1 hour ago, LeeHC said:

Did you request one? If so contact Fiona and she might send one out? You could contact her anyway and plead for one perhaps? 

Yes that happened to us last year as we didn't tick the box and Fiona sent us one. Otherwise maybe try to take some others with you as a liftshare and share the pass cost?

Well, this is pitiful, but hey, I'd rather have a place at Glastonbury than my dignity anyway!

I've been volunteering for several years, working on and latterly managing the internal gate teams in one of the fields. Unfortunately it seems that now I'm surplus to their requirements (despite having paid for a ticket and still worked for them last year) - children of existing team are prioritised.

So! I'm very available before, during, and after the festival, am experienced with the site and the way things are done, and am reliable to a fault.

So if anyone knows of any volunteering places going last minute, I'd be bottomlessly grateful.

(I know it's a long shot at this point - just not going to give up until the gates open. Already watching the Oxfam page of course, and have been unsuccessful with another couple of organisations, but there've got to be possibilities I've missed!)

1 minute ago, Phil the Bald said:

Well, this is pitiful, but hey, I'd rather have a place at Glastonbury than my dignity anyway!

I've been volunteering for several years, working on and latterly managing the internal gate teams in one of the fields. Unfortunately it seems that now I'm surplus to their requirements (despite having paid for a ticket and still worked for them last year) - children of existing team are prioritised.

So! I'm very available before, during, and after the festival, am experienced with the site and the way things are done, and am reliable to a fault.

So if anyone knows of any volunteering places going last minute, I'd be bottomlessly grateful.

(I know it's a long shot at this point - just not going to give up until the gates open. Already watching the Oxfam page of course, and have been unsuccessful with another couple of organisations, but there've got to be possibilities I've missed!)

Good luck Phil.

38 minutes ago, Phil the Bald said:

Always worth dropping Avalon an email if you fancy bar work! Places seem to come up a lot 🙂