Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

31 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I've honestly tried everything. What is this portal then?

As far as I can see just the stuff we've mostly seen - slides from the training, survival guide, bar map, a video on genuine bank notes(!) and contacts. Nothing essential we haven't already received tbh! There is also a 'What3Words' of all the crew bars which is helpful if you use that? Can send if so!

Edited by ilovelanegan
correction

35 minutes ago, ilovelanegan said:

As far as I can see just the stuff we've mostly seen - slides from the training, survival guide, bar map, a video on genuine bank notes(!) and contacts. Nothing essential we haven't already received tbh! There is also a 'What3Words' of all the crew bars which is helpful if you use that? Can send if so!

Any chance you could send me the w3w of crew bars please? Would be super useful as someone who doesn’t really have a clue where any of them are, and 0 sense of direction 😁

51 minutes ago, thewomble said:

Any chance you could send me the w3w of crew bars please? Would be super useful as someone who doesn’t really have a clue where any of them are, and 0 sense of direction 😁

Sure thing! * actually these are the Avalon bars (ie where volunteers will be working) - so not crew bars, though I think there is a list of those somewhere too... bear with me

Edited by ilovelanegan

2 hours ago, kerplunk said:

Did I see something about an efestivals volunteer/crew meet?

Yep. As @tarwsays Monday night at the Tow and Hitch. DM me if you want added to the whatsapp group 

11 hours ago, kerplunk said:

ok thanks, It would be nice to at least spend a night together if my shifts are favourable, but probably the only way to make that happen would be to take another tent (as it stands she's sharing a smallish tent with her friend so that would be a bit too cosy!)

If you accidentally fall asleep at their tent no one will know. Just don’t walk out of oxfield with your stuff and do your shifts and you’ll be good! 

On 6/22/2024 at 4:34 PM, MrZigster said:

Got the final briefing this morning. Still no mention of hi-vis jackets. Am I the only one who can't get the password for the portal to work? I've been assured it's correct. Nada on phone or desk top.

Doh! Knew I knew it from somewhere. Keep having these worryingly senior moments lately.

Aww Brian. I was honestly under the impression that you had called it a day with the festival. You fit and well again then? You're input is sorely missed around these parts.

Sorry to hear about your housing. Will raise a glass to you on site.

Mark by Luck ' another thing right out the blue ' - from 17 June 24 to 14 July 24 they have blocked my road up { some new heat network } ' so the bus { going to the tube station } does not pass and is also diverted coming back as well so if it was not for the Housing Needs Assessments interviews I may have been forced to skip it this year anyway. so the Gods are saying ' your not going '

Its a right pain as I have everything so close to where I live - Not even sure
if I should go back to Glasgow { its nearly 50 years I have been down here }
Glasgow has changed so much and I only know a few up there now. 

pints are £6.50 to £7 in the main large bars

looks { at least at the start } to be like 2010 so hot - I prefer it when its cooler.

have a good one and post your Bar prices.

Was exciting Gate B today and a woman driving a large vehicle with trailer went ballistic at 2 of us. We were stood safely waiting for her to manoever when she started swearing at us and telling us we should be "f**king wearing high vis"

Was a little surprised by her outburst. 

Just got my shifts - really pleased with them! 
Wednesday 6-2 gate A 

Thursday night shift gate B 

Saturday 2-10 gate D 

Friday off was all I wanted and can still enjoy Saturday night once I’m finished 🙌🏻 Buzzing 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, thewomble said:

Just got my shifts - really pleased with them! 
Wednesday 6-2 gate A 

Thursday night shift gate B 

Saturday 2-10 gate D 

Friday off was all I wanted and can still enjoy Saturday night once I’m finished 🙌🏻 Buzzing 

Excellent!

I got the same shift pattern! Will see you on the Thursday night shift on Gate B and the Saturday afternoon on Gate D 😀