Glastonbury Oct/Nov ticket day anxiety levels

Crazyfool01

Glastonbury Oct/ Nov ticket day anxiety levels   

271 members have voted

1. 1. Rate those anxiety levels ........

• Not bothered what will be will be
    • Starting to think about it on occasion
    • I think about it most days
    • I think about it every day
    • panic
    • full on panic and sleepless nights

5 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

For 2023 sale, registration closed on Monday 31st October and Coach sale was Thursday 3rd November.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/glastonbury-2023-tickets-on-sale-in-november/

So, I think this is still on for 5th & 7th October sales, rather than November sales.

I guess so but giving people the chance to re-register after the deletion on Oct 2nd makes it sound like it will be open after that?

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

What was the efests success percentage in the 22 resale? 90% ish? Or more?

And a huge drop in the 23 resale under this new system. I think they'll keep it. Sells out much quicker. See will be pushing for them to keep it anyway. 

Plus all the money that they'll inevitably have put into designing that new system - makes no sense to backtrack now.

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

What was the efests success percentage in the 22 resale? 90% ish? Or more?

And a huge drop in the 23 resale under this new system. I think they'll keep it. Sells out much quicker. See will be pushing for them to keep it anyway. 

98 % ish on the spreadheet we did however that was 1 sheet rather than the 5 last resale and was focused from a few years of efforts …. Last year we got sweet fa in the resale despite lots of effort oh actually tell a lie we got a few in the coach sale but none in main resale 

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

"If you registered prior to 2020 and intend to buy tickets for the 2024 Festival or in future years then you will need to review your registered details, update your photo, and CONFIRM if you wish to keep your registration no later than Saturday 30 September 2023, or otherwise submit a new registration.

If you do not confirm that you wish to retain your pre-2020 registration details, then your registration(s) will be DELETED on Monday 02 October 2023 and you will be required to submit a new registration before you can try and book future tickets."

What do we reckon this means for t-day. Will they allow people time to create a new registration or will it just be tough, you missed it?

They  might open for 24-48 hours, so Mon and Tues.

I take this all to mean the sale is back in the 'normal' October spots.

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

98 % ish on the spreadheet we did however that was 1 sheet rather than the 5 last resale and was focused from a few years of efforts …. Last year we got sweet fa in the resale despite lots of effort oh actually tell a lie we got a few in the coach sale but none in main resale 

Night and day then. Doesn't bode well for October/November. 

Resigned myself to the fact Glasto will just be the (very) odd one here and there from now on. 

27 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

That seems too tight a schedule - with the Thursday and Sunday being the 5th & 8th of the month

I was basing it on their 48 hour registration turn around so perhaps they will not open it again if it is October sale.

Was there ever a reason it was delayed til November last year?

45 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I was basing it on their 48 hour registration turn around so perhaps they will not open it again if it is October sale.

Was there ever a reason it was delayed til November last year?

They didnt know how much it was going to cost yet. Cant put tickets on sale if theres no price. And of course having headliner issues came into play. 

Didn't want to start a new thread for this question so apologies but:

Am I correct in saying that, in order to go to Glasto in your own campervan, firstly you need to be successful in the general ticket sale, then in addition to that you buy a campervan pass/ticket? 

I understand campervan tickets are limited.

We have camped at Glasto for the last 12-15 years. My brother wants to take his campervan if we're successful next year - if he buys a campervan ticket, will the rest of our party be able to go to the campervan or do we all need to buy a specific pass for it?

Thanks

10 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Didn't want to start a new thread for this question so apologies but:

Am I correct in saying that, in order to go to Glasto in your own campervan, firstly you need to be successful in the general ticket sale, then in addition to that you buy a campervan pass/ticket? 

I understand campervan tickets are limited.

We have camped at Glasto for the last 12-15 years. My brother wants to take his campervan if we're successful next year - if he buys a campervan ticket, will the rest of our party be able to go to the campervan or do we all need to buy a specific pass for it?

Thanks

Yes, you are correct buddy. You need to score at GA ticket on ticket day, then someone in the group has to get a CV ticket when they go on sale a couple of weeks later. Only one CV ticket needed...the rest of your group don't need one. I think the passes you're referring to are the pass out passes to get back into the site on subsequent days after going back to the van every night. These will be issued to people individually as they leave the site to go back to the CV fields.

Having not been since 2019, the pressure of not getting a ticket seems to rise every year now. Got over the last couple of ticket failures by knowing I had the time of my life in '19 but it's a distant memory now. Watching this year on tv was pretty grim, so the thought of potentially another 2 years minimum away from the Farm is pretty anxiety inducing if my group doesn't get through in October.

So I reconfirmed yesterday, along with my husband's details. I got an email saying "Glastonbury Festival - Registration Details Updated".

Now I've just had an email flagging I need to reconfirm, which I assume is an automailer. However when I've tried to access my registration I'm not getting any emails through at all now though. 

26 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

So I reconfirmed yesterday, along with my husband's details. I got an email saying "Glastonbury Festival - Registration Details Updated".

Now I've just had an email flagging I need to reconfirm, which I assume is an automailer. However when I've tried to access my registration I'm not getting any emails through at all now though. 

Don't worry, had the same email and also wondered - going to bet it's just an auto mailer as I only did mine yesterday evening.

1 hour ago, WhatADin said:

Same here. Maybe because the registrations have already been updated. 

41 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I hope so, sooner the better.

In the meantime I’ve updated my registration including a new photo with the extra wrinkles of another Glastonbury survived!

The Glastonbury mud seems to have kept my wrinkles down , but broken me elsewhere 

I wasn't really thinking about until I had the registration email pop up but now I'm a bit concerned! 

Last year was my 12th in a row but i feel that luck's got to run out sometime and that resale system got me worried. 

Worst case scenario I'll hide in a ditch for a few weeks and pop out once the fence is up👍