Glastonbury Oct/Nov ticket day anxiety levels

Crazyfool01

Glastonbury Oct/ Nov ticket day anxiety levels   

271 members have voted

1. 1. Rate those anxiety levels ........

• Not bothered what will be will be
    • Starting to think about it on occasion
    • I think about it most days
    • I think about it every day
    • panic
    • full on panic and sleepless nights

Non-existent for me.  Made the call that I'm not in the mix for 2024.  Cash flow after a summer of fun, moving house and need for a proper holiday with Mrs Q next year all take priority.  If some amazing cash windfall happens between now and April I'll be in for resale, but easier just to make the call now than get lucky on T-Day knowing I'll probably have to give it up later in the year.

Good luck to all having a crack!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Non-existent for me.  Made the call that I'm not in the mix for 2024.  Cash flow after a summer of fun, moving house and need for a proper holiday with Mrs Q next year all take priority.  If some amazing cash windfall happens between now and April I'll be in for resale, but easier just to make the call now than get lucky on T-Day knowing I'll probably have to give it up later in the year.

Good luck to all having a crack!

Aw that’s sad but glad you’ve made peace with it … you can join @stuartbert two hats as the non representatation on the virtual meet … we’ve not seen you in a while 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Aw that’s sad but glad you’ve made peace with it … you can join @stuartbert two hats as the non representatation on the virtual meet … we’ve not seen you in a while 

Had planned on joining Saturday actually but ended up out for dinner later than expected.  I'll keep an eye open for the next one

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cw91 said:

Just a quick one.....this will be 3rd attempt from Ireland.......anyone know are irish debit cards accepted? Or is it only credit card? Cheers

In order to make a booking you will need the registration number and registered postcode for each person you are booking a ticket for, as well as a valid debit (UK only) or credit card with sufficient funds to cover your full transaction, and all the security information for that card.

1 hour ago, Sasperella2 said:

I don't seem to be as nervous as previous years. What's happened??? 

To be fair, after missing out last year for the first time in years, I was surprised by how little I missed it. The weekend past me by with a shrug of the shoulders. Maybe because I felt 2022 was so tiring because it felt over-subscribed, maybe due to the 2023 line-up being relatively poor (IMO), or maybe just because I had such a good time at Download!

However, having not missed it anywhere near as much as I thought I would, I'm approaching this years ticket-day calmly with no real nervousness. Missing out really isn't the end of the world!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having missed out last year I am feeling a lot calmer about the upcoming sale. If I have a ticket I'll basically build my whole year around the festival and going cold turkey since missing out in the resale earlier this year was very hard indeed. That said I got through it, used Download to fill the GSH in my summer which was a fun experience. Next year I have at least three Taylor Swift shows to soften the blow.

Normally I'll be all in on the coach sale, but to be honest my mates all want to do the general sale on the Sunday so I shall stick with them and join the November 5th bunfight, I'm really looking forward to it.

7 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

They don’t normally do an interview before ticket day so they might be nervous 

I don't blame them... they know that they don't exist in a bubble and don't seem to rest on their laurels that they'll always sell out.  Creating a buzz about unique massive headliners just ahead of ticket day seems sensible. 

1 hour ago, thewomble said:

Dreamt about ticket day last night. The page kept refreshing as I was putting our details in it was so stressful - woke up before I saw what happened but like to think in my persistence I was successful. I need to get a life 

No, you need to get a ticket! 

2 hours ago, thewomble said:

Dreamt about ticket day last night. The page kept refreshing as I was putting our details in it was so stressful - woke up before I saw what happened but like to think in my persistence I was successful. I need to get a life 

Haha I've had two dreams recently. First was a couple of weeks ago when I got in and got tickets.

Today we were walking in a park somewhere and I was just like "NO WE FORGOT!!!" when I looked at the time and it was 11am. Must've been ticket day