West Holts 2024

CaledonianGonzo

18 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Where do people think Björk could fit on a glastonbury lineup if she played? She's touring and definitely playing a bit more of her old "hits". She played Coachella last year and hardly played any new songs. She may well be a name that ends up surpising us all when the lineup drops. Thinking she would suit headlining Park stage but is she still a bit too big for that? She's playing big arenas on her tour at the moment - could even be big enough to headline Other stage. Maybe West Holts?

She'd surely headline the Other.

On a different note, Sampha has announced his second album. Potential WH headliner/sub next year for sure.

After going to Cambridge Folk Festival this year there were some great standout bands who I would love to see on the West Holts stage:

Symbio, a Swedish duo who blend EDM with live hurdy-gurdy and accordion - loved them.

And Gangstagrass, who play a fusion of hip-hop and bluegrass. I hadn't heard of them before Cambridge, but apparently they were on America's Got Talent, but don't hold that against them! Really fantastic show, this song Freedom was one of the highlights.

On 8/10/2023 at 11:15 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

They lost a lot of pace, but I've been consistently impressed by everything that Jungle have been releasing recently.

Maybe not quite at headline level, but could smash a choice slot.

I saw Jungle this weekend at All Points East and they were absolutely incredible. I know they’ve played WH in the past so I guess it depends if they want to try and shoot for a bigger stage? 
That said I think they’d do an excellent job on WH!

15 hours ago, BookAngel said:

After going to Cambridge Folk Festival this year there were some great standout bands who I would love to see on the West Holts stage:

Symbio, a Swedish duo who blend EDM with live hurdy-gurdy and accordion - loved them.

And Gangstagrass, who play a fusion of hip-hop and bluegrass. I hadn't heard of them before Cambridge, but apparently they were on America's Got Talent, but don't hold that against them! Really fantastic show, this song Freedom was one of the highlights.

Yes, I saw Gangstagrass at WOMAD, I was expecting it to be dreadful but I really enjoyed the set. Definitely worth a slot at WH.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2023 at 4:45 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

The album is great. He's gonna be big.

I watched Jalen support somebody way back in 2016. Had a little chat with him to say how good he was. I think he was studying in Liverpool at the time at McCartneys LIPA.

I have tickets to see him in Liverpool next month. Really looking forward to it. 

This was from my blog on the night

A quick mention for the support act Jalen N’gonda who provided some soulful choons totally different from first up The Mysterines whom sadly I didnt pay that much attention to as I was in a scrummage at the bar. But back to Jalen N’gonda who is American but has found his was to this great city of ours. With a powerful soulful voice I must admit I am a bit of a sucker for live soul music and will deffo be looking out for his name if he plays in Liverpool again. Even bumped into him post gig and we expressed how good we thought we was.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Parcels' new live album restates their case. Rumour is they're waiting on the festival's call.

Hugely disappointed by everything they've done except the first live album which I think is a masterpiece. They are a bizarre band to me.

On 8/25/2023 at 4:49 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

She'd surely headline the Other.

On a different note, Sampha has announced his second album. Potential WH headliner/sub next year for sure.

Not any more. She bombed last ti.e she played and has done nothing since. I get what you're saying about size...but she probably won't play

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Don't G Knight's tourdates pretty much rule her out?

She's free Friday but it's a bit of a stretch, yeah. Only including her because apparently there was talk of her playing on some BBC radio show, not that that means much really.