Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

9 minutes ago, activean said:

But might be cheap for a headliner and can attracts foreigners. Sam Fender is nearly unknown here, but had decent turnout. 

I think Liam would get 19:30 slot, same as in 2018 and same as Sam Fender last year. (I just hope he isn't the main rock headliner)

4 minutes ago, dyma7 said:

I think Liam would get 19:30 slot, same as in 2018 and same as Sam Fender last year. (I just hope he isn't the main rock headliner)

A day with Liam Gallagher and a band like The Killers playing after him would be awesome for my tastes. 😁

• Upvote 4

Awesome would be having Liam at 19:30 and Noel & Flying Birds at 21.30 but I will keep dreaming 😄

I would say that Sam Fender is almost unknown anywhere but UK, but from my perspective the crowd was mainly UK based at that time. Anyway having Liam & Pulp would be nice britpop retro.

Praying for Killers too, but as somebody mentioned here before, it would be their third year European festival tour in a row, which seems rather unlikely 😞

1 hour ago, kristofm said:

He isn't big enough but neither was Florence*

I mean, I though she's not quite well known, and I think the size of the crowd later proved that.

florence is at sziget every two years, and some people come on the second etc. uselly this us why the biggest heads are on the 1st and last daya.

with that being said, i can see her being booked for second day that became first with the date change... so some people skiped her.

about liam, if he's headlining this year, just know that the bigger act droped out last minute.

for me, he's show is all about oasis songs and he plays some other stuff in between.

If for their 30th anniversary, Sziget give us FRED AGAIN.., LANA DEL REY and LIAM GALLAGHER as headliners... that would be a confession of helplessness. No matter what anyone says.

Blink-182 are unavailable during Sziget, same for Foo Fighters and Green Day //

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, The Killers, The Strokes and Muse haven't announce anything for this Summer, they are headliner materials so not impossible.

Maneskin are touring, also possible.

SO the solutions exist. I hope Liam G. happen, but certainly not as a headliner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VISI0Ntw said:

Anyway, could Dua still be a possible headliner?

I don't think she'll be there since Sziget had her in 2022. It would be very lazy imo to book her again so soon. I'm pretty sure the female pop headliner this year will be Lana Del Rey with a possible subhead like Raye maybe? 

• Upvote 1

On 11/24/2023 at 4:25 AM, Matt86 said:

If for their 30th anniversary, Sziget give us FRED AGAIN.., LANA DEL REY and LIAM GALLAGHER as headliners... that would be a confession of helplessness. No matter what anyone says.

Blink-182 are unavailable during Sziget, same for Foo Fighters and Green Day //

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, The Killers, The Strokes and Muse haven't announce anything for this Summer, they are headliner materials so not impossible.

Maneskin are touring, also possible.

SO the solutions exist. I hope Liam G. happen, but certainly not as a headliner.

Muse won't be on tour this summer 

On 11/24/2023 at 4:25 AM, Matt86 said:

I think for these August dates you book what you can get. People talk about anniversaries, someone mentioned that xy works on the 2nd day, etc... I think it's quite difficult to arrange huge names for-mid August in this region, you can't cherrypick that much, and it's probably difficult to think about who should play on which days. Can't book bands who aren't around.

3 hours ago, kristofm said:

I think for these August dates you book what you can get. People talk about anniversaries, someone mentioned that xy works on the 2nd day, etc... I think it's quite difficult to arrange huge names for-mid August in this region, you can't cherrypick that much, and it's probably difficult to think about who should play on which days. Can't book bands who aren't around.

Actually, you can. Look at some previous years, where some festivals got "exclusivities". Lately, you have HellFest, in 2022, who managed to get NIN thanks to their booker. Or even Ghost as a headliner. That was their only date in June, and it was thanks to their good relationship with the festival.

So if for your 30th anniversary you just get "the names which are around", that's poor.. I understand AMERICAN artists might be hard to get outside of their window presence, but European ones...

There's PLENTY of europeans artists/bands touring this summer, it's not impossible to negociate an extra date for a special occasion. Unless of course the fest' doesn't care... and to me, for a festival like Sziget, one of the 3 biggest in Europe, that would be a shame.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Actually, you can. Look at some previous years, where some festivals got "exclusivities". Lately, you have HellFest, in 2022, who managed to get NIN thanks to their booker. Or even Ghost as a headliner. That was their only date in June, and it was thanks to their good relationship with the festival.

So if for your 30th anniversary you just get "the names which are around", that's poor.. I understand AMERICAN artists might be hard to get outside of their window presence, but European ones...

There's PLENTY of europeans artists/bands touring this summer, it's not impossible to negociate an extra date for a special occasion. Unless of course the fest' doesn't care... and to me, for a festival like Sziget, one of the 3 biggest in Europe, that would be a shame.

i agree with everything you say, but look at the 25 anniversary lineup...

my worry is that they'll stick to the two bigish names per day (in all stages), and a party lineup later in hope to become a party festival and not sziget festival.

i mean we can see the cuts everywhere... the circus was amazing all day long in the past, but the last two years it's a joke (just look the diffrence ib the number of artist in each circus). same goes for other small stages and activities.

1 hour ago, dude111 said:

i agree with everything you say, but look at the 25 anniversary lineup...

my worry is that they'll stick to the two bigish names per day (in all stages), and a party lineup later in hope to become a party festival and not sziget festival.

i mean we can see the cuts everywhere... the circus was amazing all day long in the past, but the last two years it's a joke (just look the diffrence ib the number of artist in each circus). same goes for other small stages and activities.

you're right, in 2017 beside P!nk, the other headliners were "classic".

Even if the undercard was quite good .. but that's maybe only my vision lol 😅 2014 and 2015 remains the most beautiful line up I've seen at Sziget.

Edited by Matt86
^^