Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

8 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Has Massive Attack been ruled out?

Unfortunately yes, per Rock en Seine lineup where Leaks said there is only Fred playing

One more shout but it may be completely out, Pearl Jam is apparently announcing their tour, they suppose to be in Mid July in Mad Cool, would the band fit as rock band and fit the festival at all?

Edited by lukatej

15 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Unfortunately yes, per Rock en Seine lineup where Leaks said there is only Fred playing

One more shout but it may be completely out, Pearl Jam is apparently announcing their tour, they suppose to be in Mid July in Mad Cool, would the band fit as rock band and fit the festival at all?

I wish. Last time I saw Pearl Jam was in 1992! Lol.

Would love it to be them but I'd say they have a major, die-hard following with most other people knowing only two or three of their songs. And their fans tend to be older, rather than younger (under 21s). 

1 hour ago, QuintenH said:

Screenshot_2023-12-08-09-16-50-16_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

I hope Peggy Gou won't be at Sziget, as she is well known for last minute cancellations. She did this twice with Electric Castle Festival.

45 minutes ago, lukatej said:

But @Sziget2024_Leaks said that we won't get a rock headliner next week 😟

Edited by #1SzigetFan
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I hope Peggy Gou won't be at Sziget, as she is well known for last minute cancellations. She did this twice with Electric Castle Festival.

But @Sziget2024_Leaks said that we won't get a rock headliner next week 😟

We have next week headliners ready (Sam Smith, Fred, BMTH, SHM), I meant it for a second round in 2024 along with female head.

For rock headliners there could be possibilities of:

high chance: Queens of Stone Age

medium chance: The Killers, The Strokes (if they will tour)

low chance: Pearl Jam

Feel free to fill the list 🙂

If both Fred Again and SHM will headline, I'm afraid we're going to have a lineup very similar to 2017 in terms of headliners, full of electronic & commercial acts. Back then we had The Chainsmokers, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Major Lazer, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Wiz Khalifa as headliners. Only P!nk and Kasabian were the quality acts at the top. P!nk was also a commercial act but she put on a great show.

Btw, I don't think BMTH will headline. They're not that big + we have the confirmation that we won't have a rock headliner. So maybe only Sam Smith, Fred & SHM will be the headliners we're going to get.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, lukatej said:

It is completely out. They always tour in June/July

15 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

If both Fred Again and SHM will headline, I'm afraid we're going to have a lineup very similar to 2017 in terms of headliners, full of electronic & commercial acts. Back then we had The Chainsmokers, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Major Lazer, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Wiz Khalifa as headliners. Only P!nk and Kasabian were the quality acts at the top. P!nk was also a commercial act but she put on a great show.

Btw, I don't BMTH will headline. They're not that big + we have the confirmation that we won't have a rock headliner. So maybe only Sam Smith, Fred & SHM will be the headliners we're going to get.

As much as I like them, having BMTH as a headline booking would be a very hard sell. Sub I suspect.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

As much as I like them, having BMTH as a headline booking would be a very hard sell. Sub I suspect.

They headline in every festival, If they will play, they will headline, as sad it may sound. We miss some big name 😞

27 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

It is completely out. They always tour in June/July

Yeah, they always do it, but what if... 😄

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

she didn’t actually..the organizers announced the cancellation last minute so that they don’t lose any sales 🙂

I wonder who will be the third and fourth headliner if all these artists are out (unless they aren't? @Sziget2024_Leaks👀)

LCD Soundsystem
Massive Attack
Swedsih House Mafia
Bring Me The Horizon
Lenny Kravitz
Maneskin
Dua Lipa
Foo Fighters
Doja Cat
Calvin Harris
Ed Sheeran
Lana Del Rey
Blink 182
Liam Gallagher
Catfish and the Bottlemen
Queens of The Stone Age (?)
The Killers(?)

Edited by dyma7

13 minutes ago, dyma7 said:

I wonder who is going to be 3rd and 4th headliner if all these artists are out:

LCD Soundsystem
Massive Attack
Swedsih House Mafia
Bring Me The Horizon
Lenny Kravitz
Maneskin
Dua Lipa
Foo Fighters
Doja Cat
Calvin Harris
Ed Sheeran
Lana Del Rey
Blink 182
Queens of The Stone Age (?)
The Killers(?)

liam gallagher? catfish? 

20 minutes ago, Sziget2024_Leaks said:

Don't think so

We're going round in circles, not adding anyone new to our list of known acts. So, let's try this and add some new names. How many from these @Sziget2024_Leaks?:

The Killers? Pulp? Garbage? Declan McKenna? Blossoms? Bicep? Chase & Status? Jorja Smith? The Smile? The National? The Kills? Queens of The Stone Age? Robbie Williams? Two Door Cinema Club? Future Islands? Kenya Grace? Denzel Curry? Jessie Ware? 

Edited by billybigballs

So back at the beginning.. 😄

I tried to put together all clues and this is what I have: 

Confirmed:

Headliners: Sam Smith, Fred Again.., Stormzy?

Others: Louis Tomlinson, Overmono, Yard Act, Tom Odell, Becky Hill

Probable (speculation from here):

Two Door Cinema Club, Nowa Twins, Denzel Curry, Kenya Grace

Not crossed out, but around and fitting our leaks:

Rise Against, Mando Diao, Flogging Molly, The National, Pulp, Big Thief

Crossed out: 

Avril Lavigne,    Biffy Clyro,    Calum Scott,    Courteneers,    Dropkick Murphys,    Dua Lipa,    Fatboy Slim,    Greta van Fleet,    Holly Humberstone,    Hozier,    Idles,    Inhaler,    James Arthur,    Janes Addiction,    Jess Glynne,    Jungle,    LCD Soundsystem,    Lenny Kravitz,    Limp Bizkit,    Lost Frequencies,    Maneskin,    Marshmello,    Massive Attack,    Michael Kiwanuka,    Paul Kalkbrenner,    Pendulum,    Pixies,    PJ Harvey,    Purple Disco Machine,    Roisin Murphy,    Royal Blood,    Snow Patrol,    Soft Play,    Sum 41,    The Hives,    The Kills,    The Offspring,    The Smile,    Timmy Trumpet,    Wet Leg,    Yungblud,

I think the last headliner (if we get 4) for the next announcement is The National..

Edited by lukatej

Stormzy headlining? I know that Sziget has way more British visitors than few years ago but I don't think he's that popular in the area, that's why he was not a headliner at previous Sziget editions.

Edited by #1SzigetFan
  • Upvote 2