Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Szigets line ups have been pretty terrible for years. Although I do like the other things, opera, dance etc so maybe that's what gives it the edge over Glasto

Reckon next year will be less days or they going to keep the 6 day format?

14 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Szigets line ups have been pretty terrible for years. Although I do like the other things, opera, dance etc so maybe that's what gives it the edge over Glasto

To be fair you have more going on at Glastonbury. 

5 minutes ago, clasher said:

The only things sziget has over glasto are more shade and cheaper beer. And the beer price is catching up.

Well most importantly the weather is pretty much guaranteed. 

Hey, it's my first time at the festival this year, so I'm basically looking to learn all about it! Anyone have tips of the best things to do on site, places to see, try out etc. Also, even though the lineup isn't what we'd hoped, any recommendations for new artists to check out? I'm UK based, so I'm aware of the main big names on there, but always open to new music 🙂

2 hours ago, dhtjmnd12 said:

Hey, it's my first time at the festival this year, so I'm basically looking to learn all about it! Anyone have tips of the best things to do on site, places to see, try out etc. Also, even though the lineup isn't what we'd hoped, any recommendations for new artists to check out? I'm UK based, so I'm aware of the main big names on there, but always open to new music 🙂

you will get a festival passport at the entrance, and inside there is a page that you need to stamp all over the island.

follow that and discover a lot of stages etc.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 5:46 PM, billybigballs said:

It reads like a marketing gimmick tbh. Sziget is listed as having 60 stages and 1000 artists. Not sure what's the source, but lineup and my experience tells it's only a fraction of these numbers...

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ferda said:

It reads like a marketing gimmick tbh. Sziget is listed as having 60 stages and 1000 artists. Not sure what's the source, but lineup and my experience tells it's only a fraction of these numbers...

Yep. Ticket sales struggling so they put drivel like this out there via the media to try and stir up some interest.

9 hours ago, Tinsel19 said:

Yep. Ticket sales struggling so they put drivel like this out there via the media to try and stir up some interest.

So a hungarian festival uses the British media to drum up interest?  Would the British media really be bothered if they were?  Especially the current state of UK festivals. 

These polls are released every year, which means nothing. What it does tell you, how overpriced UK festivals are for tickets and food/drink. 

32 minutes ago, thetime said:

So a hungarian festival uses the British media to drum up interest?  Would the British media really be bothered if they were?  Especially the current state of UK festivals. 

Have you looked at the line up? Yeah everyone agree it's not great, but as a non Brit it gets much worse. Liam Gallagher being the rock headliner already is a hard pill to swallow, but having Stormzy and Halsey in the top lines is insane, most people in Europe don't know who they are. Sziget clearly targets a British audience.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ausländer said:

Have you looked at the line up? Yeah everyone agree it's not great, but as a non Brit it gets much worse. Liam Gallagher being the rock headliner already is a hard pill to swallow, but having Stormzy and Halsey in the top lines is insane, most people in Europe don't know who they are. Sziget clearly targets a British audience.

That doesn't even make sense. 

Stormy is subbing at pukkelpop, same position at sziget. Halsey is headlining flow festival and she's not British. So I'm sure a few have heard of them in Europe. 

Sziget targets British and fans around the world, that's what it always does. 

Edited by thetime
  • Upvote 1

Turnout for Janelle Monae at Glastonbury was shocking this evening. Main stage yet only had around 3,000 people watching. Meanwhile, Avril Lavigne shut down the second stage when 70,000 people turned up to watch her instead.

Editors could be busy... 

Saw Liam Gallagher last week at the Co-Op live and he was ridiculously good, providing you get the crowd for it, could well be a great headliner as he is performing the DM album, would deffo recommend, the final few songs are absolute classics imo

Cigarettes & Alcohol

Supersonic

Slide away

Live forever 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2024 at 1:55 PM, dhtjmnd12 said:

I recommend you to check out everything, get familiar with the place because it is HUGE. And there so many things, little happenings, indtallations and fun activites that you can miss id you just fo on the beaten path.

On 6/25/2024 at 11:02 AM, thetime said:

These polls are released every year, which means nothing. What it does tell you, how overpriced UK festivals are for tickets and food/drink. 

Sziget was purchased by Superstruct Entertainment Limited (UK-based). Only recently has the American private equity fund KKR bought Superstruct Entertainment Limited. Business-wise, it made very much sense for them to promote Sziget in the UK.

17 hours ago, bunnyv said:

Has anyone been to the island in the last couple of weeks? How’s the grass looking?

I was jogging by the main stage area about 2-3 weeks ago, and the grass was pretty huge. But we're getting hit by some serious heatwaves these days, so this is going to be the real test.

26 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

What's the rules on bringing food onto site when visiting each day? Me, wife and three kids coming, and buying everyone a 15 euro burger soon adds up and eats into the beer money!

Food and non-alcoholic drinks have always been officially allowed.