Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

41 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

Food and non-alcoholic drinks have always been officially allowed.

Mind that this has a maximum amiunt per person and that they shouldn't have been opened before.

17 hours ago, billybigballs said:

What's the rules on bringing food onto site when visiting each day? Me, wife and three kids coming, and buying everyone a 15 euro burger soon adds up and eats into the beer money!

You can bring food onto site every day for yourself. There's plenty of options outside the festival, I think there's a small food court at Auchan, or inside Auchan they usually have a kitchen at the time of Sziget (I've tried it before, it's not five stars but never seemed to be a risk for my health), or there's Smokey Monkies near Auchan, my personal favorite, they've got a food truck at Sziget but outside the festival it's half the price, so it's probably worth it to get food outside for a family of 5. And of course there's Lidl and Aldi that are cheap, or there's a KFC nearby, etc.

Balaton Sound food and drink prices did not get any higher since last year, so that means Sziget prices are expected to stay the same as well. Food got a bit cheaper. These are the 2023 prices as a reminder, 2024 is going to be very similar:

image.thumb.png.7681c40cb4ca4dc3d489cf2b0a96ee80.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 7/9/2024 at 4:51 PM, poelim said:

Still nothing on tribute stage… 😢 

The stage is also not on the time schedule, but it is at the “stages of sziget” page on the website

its in the jukebox stage this year.

the bands are on the web

On 7/10/2024 at 7:00 PM, dude111 said:

the bands are on the web

But there are way less Cover acts on it than in previous years. Very disappointing. 

30 minutes ago, markeez said:

But there are way less Cover acts on it than in previous years. Very disappointing. 

Thats right...but the lineup can't be saved anyway...

Maybe If they change 50 percent of the mainstage & A38.

On 7/10/2024 at 7:00 PM, dude111 said:

the bands are on the web

Aaah thank you!

15 hours ago, markeez said:

Why change all the good things? 😢

On 7/9/2024 at 7:15 PM, ReljaGajić said:

There's already a wish machine for 2025. And since these names are already suggested to choose, can we expect to see something from this list?

Yes

18 minutes ago, Newjem said:

They are now selling ‘night tickets’ (entry after 11pm). That seems quite desperate tbh…

Had these on-site for a couple years now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sziget2024_Leaks said:

Yes

Had these on-site for a couple years now

these nights only are terrible for standard festival goers.

Usually its different kind of people, last time we got our square tent destroyed, chairs stolen and lot of surrounding tents were robbed. I mean this happens, but not at this frequency when the nights-only were allowed.

Just be super careful this year!

Wondering what the turnout will be, we're struggling with selling a Hungarian student week long ticket for 128 eur. U21 tickets are 115-120 eur on ticketswap.

Asked my gf if she wanted this one for free. She said she's not interested in anyone in this current line up so she wouldn't come even for free.

1 hour ago, kristofm said:

Wondering what the turnout will be, we're struggling with selling a Hungarian student week long ticket for 128 eur. U21 tickets are 115-120 eur on ticketswap.

Asked my gf if she wanted this one for free. She said she's not interested in anyone in this current line up so she wouldn't come even for free.

I would go for free but I wouldn’t pay for a ticket for the line up this year

10 hours ago, kristofm said:

With that ticketswapprices and their Lineup 2024 they should crash their earlybirdsales for 2025.

Interview with Sziget's booking manager from early-July: https://welovebudapest.com/cikk/2024/07/09/ejszakai-elet-csiszar-virag-interju-nemzetkozi-booking-menedzser-sziget-fesztival-2024-line-up-program-fellepok/

• already working on the 2025 edition
  • booking headliners early is a key, so they know if they’ll have budget on other stuff
  • the aim’s never been to have 6 equally strong headliners, but to have a diverse line up
  • there are no 6 superstars touring in august every year, so the aim is to find hot names in various subcultures, and get those names surrounded by relevant artists in the same subculture.
  • market’s pretty unstable right now, some artists try to get a lot higher deposit payments than before to avoid risks
  • new owners so far brought no major changes in how the festival operates
  • sometimes it helps if you gather with 3-4 other festivals, and hand in an offer together for an artist, so you can convince the ones who didn’t want a tour in the first place in that region in early August, Lorde was an example for that.
  • covid made everyone rethink how festivals work, young people (under 21) have totally different needs and ways of going out than the previous generations
  • when they’re booking an artist they check the wishmachine, but also what numbers artists produced on their tours during the year, that’s a lot more important than streaming numbers.

• Like 2