Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

29 minutes ago, drbonzo said:

Mannequin Pussy is out according to the passport. Still in in the app. Would be a shame to lose them.

They cancelled all August shows due to prioritizing their mental health.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, eyebrain said:

Looks like we got one “special guest” at party arena!

Yeah, hasn't this already been confirmed though? I think people were discussing it earlier in the thread based on an interview with the organisers. Vaguely recall it being Skrillex.

16 hours ago, eyebrain said:

Looks like we got one “special guest” at party arena!

That's Martin Garrix

Edit: in 2019 he was supposed to do the set in party arena under the name ytram (reversed marty) but he cancelled last minute, but still showed up on stage during some other set. So I'm 100% sure that special guest is him when he finishes his show at main stage.

Edited by ReljaGajić

3 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

That's Martin Garrix

Edit: in 2019 he was supposed to do the set in party arena under the name ytram (reversed marty) but he cancelled last minute, but still showed up on stage during some other set. So I'm 100% sure that special guest is him when he finishes his show at main stage.

Also the host of the day is STMPD which is owned by Martin Garrix

Sziget says you can only bring 1 bottle of non-alcoholic drinks per person. I remember from last years, that we could take with us as much non-alcoholic drinks as we want (we’re camping). 
Has this always been a rule?

1 hour ago, poelim said:

Sziget says you can only bring 1 bottle of non-alcoholic drinks per person. I remember from last years, that we could take with us as much non-alcoholic drinks as we want (we’re camping). 
Has this always been a rule?

They always had this rule, but they are usually pretty lax about it, especially if there's a heatwave

1 week to go! Anyone got any major clashes they're worried about?

Marc Rebillet/Dom Dolla/Artemas on Day 1 is killing me.

Also a bit split on Halsey/grandson and Sam Smith/Fontaines D.C. while I did catch a bit of Fontaines last time at Sziget and they were incredible. 

26 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

1 week to go! Anyone got any major clashes they're worried about?

Marc Rebillet/Dom Dolla/Artemas on Day 1 is killing me.

Also a bit split on Halsey/grandson and Sam Smith/Fontaines D.C. while I did catch a bit of Fontaines last time at Sziget and they were incredible. 

For me it's the same for 1st day (Marc Rebillet/Dom Dolla/Artemas) + Royel Otis/Joost/Kylie, I'll go and see a bit of Royel Otis, go see Joost and then go to Kylie (I'll miss 30 minutes of her concert but idc). And later Loco Dice/Barry Can't Swim, but I think I'll skip Barry since I saw him at exit festival this year 🌞

17 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

For me it's the same for 1st day (Marc Rebillet/Dom Dolla/Artemas) + Royel Otis/Joost/Kylie, I'll go and see a bit of Royel Otis, go see Joost and then go to Kylie (I'll miss 30 minutes of her concert but idc). And later Loco Dice/Barry Can't Swim, but I think I'll skip Barry since I saw him at exit festival this year 🌞

Royel Otis are a no brainer for me, gna leave Fisher a bit early and run to Buzz stage and watch till end, then run back to main for Kylie 😮💨

Barry any good live? Was planning to catch his set

17 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

I'm going for Fontaines D.C. and see end of Sam Smith if there's room. According to schedule Fontaines D.C. finishes 45 minutes before Sam Smith does so should be enough time to see a few last hits. 

55 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

From the video Sziget shared on instagram, it looks like we can expect the same dust level from 2022, I'm not very happy about that 

I'm sure they will have done the work they did in 2023 to prevent it again. 2022 was a disaster for the festival due to the dust - they couldn't even create a proper aftermovie because of it, I'm confident all will be good.

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

I'm sure they will have done the work they did in 2023 to prevent it again. 2022 was a disaster for the festival due to the dust - they couldn't even create a proper aftermovie because of it, I'm confident all will be good.

That’s exactly what I’m hoping for. It will be definitely worse than last year but can’t be as bad as in 2022. It also rained for like 15 mins today haha