Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

On 7/31/2024 at 8:19 PM, iamdebrii said:

1 week to go! Anyone got any major clashes they're worried about?

Marc Rebillet/Dom Dolla/Artemas on Day 1 is killing me.

Also a bit split on Halsey/grandson and Sam Smith/Fontaines D.C. while I did catch a bit of Fontaines last time at Sziget and they were incredible. 

Kiasmos / Camo & Crooked / Dead Poet Society is an atrocious tripple claah for me.

3 hours ago, Akujin said:

I’m still praying for Sam Smith to cancel lol

While admittedly he isn't my favourite of the headliners, if he had to cancel I think Janelle would just get bumped to main and that's it. 

It would solve my Fontaines clash though 😅😅

5 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

I've seen that stage RAMMED with artists who I thought were much smaller so I expect an overflowing Revolut stage

I can’t remember one night from last year when it was overflowing. M83, NBT seemed the busiest but not full. 

This might get busy though as both Skrillex and Fred will promote it I’m sure

Sziget CEO says this 30th edition of the festival is going to be the end of an era, the festival in 2025 is going to be completely different, they want to renew and rethink everything, it's going to be a lot lot different. "So if you're a boomer like me who claims Sziget was better in the good old days, come and see it one more time before the changes." He didn't say anything specific but the focus goes more from the lineup to the venues, themes, stages. Like, partyarena is great but it looks rubbish, they're thinking in more tomorrowland-looking stages, they want a brand new look, and the aim is going to be to make people want to experience Sziget, rather than have them coming for the line up.

2 hours ago, kristofm said:

Sziget CEO says this 30th edition of the festival is going to be the end of an era, the festival in 2025 is going to be completely different, they want to renew and rethink everything, it's going to be a lot lot different. "So if you're a boomer like me who claims Sziget was better in the good old days, come and see it one more time before the changes." He didn't say anything specific but the focus goes more from the lineup to the venues, themes, stages. Like, partyarena is great but it looks rubbish, they're thinking in more tomorrowland-looking stages, they want a brand new look, and the aim is going to be to make people want to experience Sziget, rather than have them coming for the line up.

considering the list they ask us to pick in for the "2025 wish list", it appears to me that it's not going to be that bad.. !

well of course, we'll see which names from the list will be here lol

5 hours ago, Matt86 said:

considering the list they ask us to pick in for the "2025 wish list", it appears to me that it's not going to be that bad.. !

well of course, we'll see which names from the list will be here lol

They'll probably bring Macklemore and Bastille back again 🤣

14 hours ago, kristofm said:

That sounds a bit troubling tbh.

20 hours ago, kristofm said:

I always hate to hear when they say they don’t want you to come for the music… like brah, it’s a music festival. It’s basically code word for “we gonna book Macklemore again and out up some more decorations and book one more performer and ao shut up”

22 hours ago, kristofm said:

Basically he says the lineup will be crap next year as well.

CEO: "It was difficult to finalize the line up because we had a few wishes, obsessions that was difficult to let go. There were a few doors we kept open for way too long. I don’t want to name the artist because what if we can make it happen next year, who knows. But, yeah, we had 2 headliners who we really wanted and the negotiations were dragged on for way too long. We can’t make that mistake again. If someone decides not to come, let them go. This is of course not a relationship advice, but we felt like we’re this desperate lover keep knocking on a door, asking “what if we change this or that”. We wasted too much time and it was a mistake, so it was difficult, the pool of artists to choose from was different than in the previous years."

image.png.c1d5d0d695a0537342b4ae84775f824d.png

We know they were trying to book Charlie XCX and she would be good booking at this point, got (even) bigger lately with Brat album being a viral success and now Billie collab. A missed opportunity for Sziget.

Edited by activean
  • Like 1