Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

13 hours ago, Sziget2024_Leaks said:

AMA

Why have both main stage headliners only played 75 minutes this year? Is that at the artist's or the festival's request? 

A massive chunk of the Revolut stage floor space has been taken away, resulting in Aurora last night being absolutely packed. Any regrets?

Finally, Marc Rebillet and Barry Can't Swim should have been on earlier in the day. Why were they on so late.

Oh, one more, we've had four acts drop out in the week running up to the festival, with no proper reason given. Is this an artist or festival issue?

18 hours ago, Sziget2024_Leaks said:

AMA

Are we getting the Skrillex/Fred/Four Tet b2b2b on Monday?

Aside from this^ the festival hasn't been too bad this year. Admittedly we had low expectations going into it but its still has the Sziget magic. I understand factors like inflation, soaring artist prices and the lot have their effect, but all in all we're still quite impressed by everything despite it being our fifth time. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Finally, Marc Rebillet and Barry Can't Swim should have been on earlier in the day. Why were they on so late.

Oh, one more, we've had four acts drop out in the week running up to the festival, with no proper reason given. Is this an artist or festival issue?

Barry Can't Swim was on at 10pm at Roskilde so I didn't have to stay late at Sziget.

re artists dropping out I just noticed DJ Seinfeld has disappeared from the lineup. Did I miss the announcement.

3 hours ago, gunghoglen said:

With Balaton Sound likely to end, will Sziget now focus primarily on electronic music? 

Interesting, i guess this could be the change they had in mind. Would be a shame to drop live music 

1 hour ago, Deckard said:

Barry Can't Swim was on at 10pm at Roskilde so I didn't have to stay late at Sziget.

re artists dropping out I just noticed DJ Seinfeld has disappeared from the lineup. Did I miss the announcement.

yeah.. they posted about it yesterday

18 minutes ago, Deckard said:

Seems like yesterday was my guitar day with Liam. Future Static and the always great Subscribe RATM tribute. Could that be the last circle pit at Sziget?

Pip Blom, Fontaines DC, Dead Poet Society could be cool tomorrow

Btw is it just me or a lot of people turned up for Liam? It seemed quite busy, although a lot of people were sitting.

Edited by kristofm

48 minutes ago, kristofm said:

Btw is it just me or a lot of people turned up for Liam? It seemed quite busy, although a lot of people were sitting.

It must depend where you were as I was behind the barrier at the back of the pit on the left and there was quite a lot of space, especially for a headliner.

On 8/10/2024 at 6:54 PM, Coosta97 said:

1. Is there a secret stage this year ? 

2. Where can I find the reusable cups with this year line up ? 

Thanks 

1, we were also looking for a secret stage but so far we only found traces of the 3fm "secret" party.