Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

26 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Not supported by ticket sales tho (at least in terms of pop). I mean they had Sam Smith, Halsley, Kylie, Janelle, Bebe Rexha, Raye, and ticket sales were very poor.

The busiest day was sith Fred Again and Skrillex  who I defo would not cast as pop. Last year the busiest day was with Imagine Dragons. 

Yeah I mean obviously mainstream but not exactly pop. 

If they had Limp Bizkit, Imagine Dragons, Twentyone Pilots, Kendrick, Paramore, The Prodigy as headliners, it would sell out faster than almost any pop headliner lineup you could imagine maybe discounting Taylor and Adele.

i think he's talking about the djs...

but to answer you, kylie is not really knowen the young ones, janelle & halasy arent big to head and sam did had a full field.

bebe had bigger croud than liam from what i seen.

martin and fred were the biggest sellers thia year, but look a few years back and see that dua, sia, edd, rihanna, billie and others sold out theyre days.

book shakira, harry styles, lady gaga or any pop star that big and you will sell out. not janelle with her one hit or halesey with two.

Yeah,I meant the djs,similar type of stuff to Necc Party. It was absolutely packed. I’m a young woman and I wouldn’t necessarily want to see Sia for example instead of Liam Gallagher,but it’s nice to have some pop bangers during the night to dance around.

2 hours ago, dude111 said:

but to answer you, kylie is not really knowen the young ones, janelle & halasy arent big to head and sam did had a full field.

martin and fred were the biggest sellers thia year, but look a few years back and see that dua, sia, edd, rihanna, billie and others sold out theyre days.

book shakira, harry styles, lady gaga or any pop star that big and you will sell out. not janelle with her one hit or halesey with two.

3 hours ago, dude111 said:

I might be delusional but I propose that my randomly given lineup would beat any pop lineup that was assembled from the same budget. I think your three would already cost as much as my six, but if you keep within budget, you are much better off with bands or DJ that prople PASSSIONATELY love. I loterally never met a die hard Shakira or Lady Gaga fan. These are just stuff from the radio that ppl generally like because it’s catchy. Not necessarily crowd magnet for a festival - at least not to the extent of how much they cost

Since i wasn’t there, but following thread.. A couple of question:

How were headliners turnouts? I know Garrix and Fred had ful field, how about others? Which day had the lowest attendence? 

Also, how did 21&under ticket change the festival, was the crowd much younger? 

Looking at early bird prices, full and vip tickets are 10€ more as last year, while 21&under tickets price is rising for 20€.

1 hour ago, activean said:

Since i wasn’t there, but following thread.. A couple of question:

How were headliners turnouts? I know Garrix and Fred had ful field, how about others? Which day had the lowest attendence? 

Also, how did 21&under ticket change the festival, was the crowd much younger? 

Looking at early bird prices, full and vip tickets are 10€ more as last year, while 21&under tickets price is rising for 20€.

I would say the headliner turnouts, from busiest to quietest were:

Fred

Martin

Sam

Liam

Halsey

Kylie.

2 hours ago, rowexx said:

When did the clues usually start in the previous years?

They kicked the door with the ‘Not Paul McCartney clouds’ picture on August 30. 

Edited by CCester

The list of most cosly performances is diff.
Booking fees according to celebrity talent int.

Halsey 1.5 million $

Sam 1.5 million $
Kylie 1million $

Fred 0.5 million $

Martin 0.5-0.75million $

Skrillex  0.5-0.75million $

Liam 0.2million $

1 hour ago, mathuska said:

The list of most cosly performances is diff.
Booking fees according to celebrity talent int.

Halsey 1.5 million $

Sam 1.5 million $
Kylie 1million $

Fred 0.5 million $

Martin 0.5-0.75million $

Skrillex  0.5-0.75million $

Liam 0.2million $

That’s completely wrong lol

10 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Which was actually a hint for Lana......who they failed to get (thank goodness!!)

I think it was either Lana or Halsey and I think it would’ve been much better for the festival to get Lana. Couldn’t make any difference for me personally, but I think Lana is bigger with more hits, would’ve attracted more people in my opinion.

Btw there's a 2025 group already if you guys are interested

3 hours ago, CCester said:

I think it was either Lana or Halsey and I think it would’ve been much better for the festival to get Lana. Couldn’t make any difference for me personally, but I think Lana is bigger with more hits, would’ve attracted more people in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure the CEO was talking about Lana in one of his interviews. He said there was 1-2 artists that were on for so long, they wanted them so much, almost like a desperate lover, constantly tried to create better terms, desperate to get them on the board, but in the end it didn't work out. Based on the fact that we got a clue for Lana in August I'm pretty sure one of these artists was her.

1 hour ago, sandorbeni said:

Why was that a hint for Lana? I might be missing something

Leaks, 10 March:

Lana was on at some point. For quite a while. the first image I posted here was a reference to a line in 'Lust for Life', "Blue skies forever".

Edited by kristofm
  • Thanks 1

Visitor attendance of the two major hungarian music festivals very accurately reflects to the hungarian economical crisis

Balatonsound      Sziget

2016 - 157000     2016 - 496000

2017 - 157000     2017 - 452000

2018 - 165000     2018 - 565000

2019 - 172000     2019 - 530000

2022 - 140000    2022 - 452000

2023 - 88000     2023 - 420000

2024 - 100000    2024 - 400000

2 hours ago, mathuska said:

Visitor attendance of the two major hungarian music festivals very accurately reflects to the hungarian economical crisis

Balatonsound      Sziget

2016 - 157000     2016 - 496000

2017 - 157000     2017 - 452000

2018 - 165000     2018 - 565000

2019 - 172000     2019 - 530000

2022 - 140000    2022 - 452000

2023 - 88000     2023 - 420000

2024 - 100000    2024 - 400000

IMO this reflects the worsening of lineup year by year

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

Definitely. Even if their Boss says "people are not coming for the line up", yeah man, continue to think like that...

Only their electro-edm names remain great, even better  to some people.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mathuska said:

1 hour ago, Fabrizzo said:

This, to make it more clear:

szigets.png

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Pre-2022 Sziget was a 7 days festival though. That means that if you take a look at the attendance / day, you'll see that 2017 was worse than the last 3 editions.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

3 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Pre-2022 Sziget was a 7 days festival though. That means that if you take a look at the attendance / day, you'll see that 2017 was worse than the last 3 editions.

and 2017 was considered the worst headliners ever lol. so yes, line up matters ^^

Edited by Matt86