Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Sounds great, will have to have a research.  Thanks so much.  Does seem to be a choice between this, Wercher and Mad Cool

I was at Werchter when I was pissed of at Sziget lineup one year. And probably wont be back.

Werchter is very strong in lineup but it lacks this festival vibe which Sziget has. And I realized that for me its more than huge bands (which you even wont enjoy as you cannot move in the area at all 😀)

MadCool is also great lineup wise but it has lot of organizational issues. Queues everywhere, bad area topology etc

All I can add to the topic is that I've been to NovaRock because of the line up back in 2017 I think. Prior to that Sziget was my only big festival experience.

And oh boy... rubbish everywhere, lack of food selection, the contains of the toilet were flowing on the road. Yes, I had a few gigs there that was awesome, though even the audience wasn't the same, the crowd wasn't vibing that much with the bands... And the worst thing: there's nothing to do during the day. I thought all festivals had activities going on like at Sziget, but no. 

At Sziget there are great decorations everywhere, lights, constant activities, huge selection of food and drinks, normal toilets, etc. I wouldn't change that for a few additional names in the line up. None of my friends are looking at the line up either, it's a no brainer that we are doing Sziget even before any announcement. I think that's why I love the whole guessing game and line up announcements, because these are "free" gigs for me, because I will be there anyway, no matter what, and I'm curious what I'm going to see. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, sisco said:

Sounds great, will have to have a research.  Thanks so much.  Does seem to be a choice between this, Wercher and Mad Cool

We've been to the 2019, 2022 and 2023 version of Sziget. Me, wife and two kids (currently aged 19 and 12). Always found it really safe (unlike Leeds festival, for example) and never seen the slightest bit of trouble or a "lads, lads, lads" element.

Regarding line-up, we aim to have at least three 'must see' acts each day. Out of 19 days there in total, there has only been two days where we haven't been able to achieve three must sees, which isn't a bad return tbh.

3 hours ago, billybigballs said:

We've been to the 2019, 2022 and 2023 version of Sziget. Me, wife and two kids (currently aged 19 and 12). Always found it really safe (unlike Leeds festival, for example) and never seen the slightest bit of trouble or a "lads, lads, lads" element.

Regarding line-up, we aim to have at least three 'must see' acts each day. Out of 19 days there in total, there has only been two days where we haven't been able to achieve three must sees, which isn't a bad return tbh.

Exceptional return, it has to be said.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Personally think sziget has lost something last few years. Lineups are poorer, less days and all the other stuff has stagnated.

It needs to reinvent itself. 

I think this year it finally got the vibes from before.

A year ago it was quite a disaster, and Im not talking about lineup but about all budget cuts which were done plus the dune dust storm and terrible food selection.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, lukatej said:

I think this year it finally got the vibes from before.

A year ago it was quite a disaster, and Im not talking about lineup but about all budget cuts which were done plus the dune dust storm and terrible food selection.

Yeah, you cut the financial legs out from a festival, it's going to hurt.

3 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

Primavera Sound announced their names like 30 minutes ago. In 2022 both Sziget and Primavera Sound had Tame Impala, so maybe we'll get something from this list 😅🤠

get.jpeg

Lots I would take from there, with special mention to: Vampire Weekend, Roisin Murphy, Pulp and FKA Twigs.

And a special 'hell, no' to Lana Del Rey who is one of the most boring live acts I've ever encountered (although I love her music, I barely lasted half her set before wandering off elsewhere).

1 minute ago, billybigballs said:

And a special 'hell, no' to Lana Del Rey who is one of the most boring live acts I've ever encountered (although I love her music, I barely lasted half her set before wandering off elsewhere).

Hit or miss, Sziget in 2018 was a snoozefest, while I enjoyed her show in Benicassim a year later.

Also Superbloom in Germany announced first names, shared Imagine Dragons, Sam Fender and Giant Rooks with Sziget this year.

Возможно, это изображение текст «ACTS 2024 FIRST CONFIRMED ACTS 2024 FIRST CONF SUPER BLOOM FESTIVAL SAM SMITH THE CHAINSMOKERS CRO LOUIS TOMLINSON RIN PROVINZ TOKIO HOTEL NOTHING BUT THIEVES KENYA GRACE NATALIE JANE APASHE & BRASS ORCHESTRA DAVID PUENTEZ TWOCOLORS DOMIZIANA LEVIN * PAULA CAROLINA BERQ AND MANY MORE MINIBLOOM: DENIZ & OVE EULE &LERCHE SEPTEMBER 2024 OLYMPIAPARK PRESENTEDBY OLYMPIASTADION BAYERN MÜNCHEN BR puls SUPPORTDBY CocaCola® CHANDON GARDENSPRITZ»