Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

5 hours ago, Newjem said:

He definitely won’t.

a) He’s not a DJ so doesn’t fit in the Party Arena.

b) He’s headlining at all Scandinavian festivals + most likely Reading and Leeds which will be announced soon. Diplo has never been that big.

He is kind of DJ, but Party Arena is definitely too small for him, I guess for A38 too, so my best guess its either primetime headliner or sub - titled as head on poster (like 21 Pilots before FF)

Diplo is big, but mostly in US, plus he rarely does festival shows, so it was kind of exclusivity, also his set was near perfect (according to my electronic based friends, for me it was just nice DJ set 😄 )

image.png.1dc47ec9c5ebf8acf24df76a981b4bb6.png

Edited by lukatej

5 minutes ago, lukatej said:

He is kind of DJ, but Party Arena is definitely too small for him, I guess for A38 too, so my best guess its either primetime headliner or sub - titled as head on poster (like 21 Pilots before FF)

Diplo is big, but mostly in US, plus he rarely does festival shows, so it was kind of exclusivity, also his set was near perfect (according to my electronic based friends, for me it was just nice DJ set 😄 )

image.png.1dc47ec9c5ebf8acf24df76a981b4bb6.png

In the context of description, yeah he kinda is. But Party Arena is mostly for DJs who literally show up with laptop/USB flash drive and use the setup provided by the festival. That's what makes the change overs so easy. Fred Again's live setup is way more complex and includes several instruments. So he's just not suitable for that stage...

Fred again.. at The Shrine on Oct. 24, 2024.

4 minutes ago, Newjem said:

In the context of description, yeah he kinda is. But Party Arena is mostly for DJs who literally show up with laptop/USB flash drive and use the setup provided by the festival. That's what makes the change overs so easy. Fred Again's live setup is way more complex and includes several instruments. So he's just not suitable for that stage...

Fred again.. at The Shrine on Oct. 24, 2024.

Yeah, I agree, it was kind of joke. I get your point. 
In ten years there was never headliner like this on main stage (only laptop DJs 😀) so it seems little weird, but if he headlines other similar sized festivals, then I guess it is like it is..

what worries me a little is Lana del Rey name flying around though.. 

7 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Might be Smash Mouth

Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me
I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb
In the shape of an "L" on her forehead

I think the singer of Smashmouth died two months ago? Or there is a new one?

can this L be mapped to a song rather than artist name?

so best guesses are currently Louis, Lana or Liam

5 minutes ago, lukatej said:

I think the singer of Smashmouth died two months ago? Or there is a new one?

can this L be mapped to a song rather than artist name?

so best guesses are currently Louis, Lana or Liam

The band is still active according to wiki 🤷‍♂️ but I was just kidding that they will play.

However, last year most (if not ALL) clues were names of songs, if I remember correctly. So, who knows?

10 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Yeah, I agree, it was kind of joke. I get your point. 
In ten years there was never headliner like this on main stage (only laptop DJs 😀) so it seems little weird, but if he headlines other similar sized festivals, then I guess it is like it is..

Kygo wasn't only laptop DJ 

4 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Kygo wasn't only laptop DJ 

But he belongs to the category, thats what I meant.

Why do you think he wasnt laptop DJ? Because he had the guy with him for Stargazing song?
Calvin Harris also use to sing some of his songs. I think only names which we can exclude from the category is Chemical Brothers 😀

2 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Why do you think he wasnt laptop DJ?

Because he used some other instruments too but yeah, it's not my cup of tea either.

maxresdefault.jpg

Getting back to what I previously said... if the clue is a name of a song, could it be Loser by Beck?

9 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I think we'll get both Lana and Liam.

Yeah I think so too. This time Liam for primetime.

so we have four probable headliners:

Fred Again, Sam Smith, Lana, Liam

missing some rock name. I just really hope it wont be 30 seconds to Mars as they will likely announce their tour soon

19 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Yeah I think so too. This time Liam for primetime.

so we have four probable headliners:

Fred Again, Sam Smith, Lana, Liam

missing some rock name. I just really hope it wont be 30 seconds to Mars as they will likely announce their tour soon

Is Liam big enough to headline? He got a co-headliner slot in 2018 before Dula Peep 🙃

edit: this year Foals and Sam Fender headlined at Reading and Leeds but got 2nd and 3rd slot on the first day at Sziget

Edited by ReljaGajić

26 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Liam is the "rock" name, I'm afraid... he's more "rock" than Mumford & Sons 🙃

Edited by #1SzigetFan

9 minutes ago, Newjem said:

They already did. They're in the US during Sziget...

Ah, good News, I unfollowed Jared when he started to be embodiment of Jesus 😀

Liam before Dula was the best as everybody in the crowd was waiting for her and he was annoyed because of that 😀 would rather choose Noel though.

Good question though - Is Liam big enough in Hungary to headline

17 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Ah, good News, I unfollowed Jared when he started to be embodiment of Jesus 😀

Liam before Dula was the best as everybody in the crowd was waiting for her and he was annoyed because of that 😀 would rather choose Noel though.

Good question though - Is Liam big enough in Hungary to headline

I don't see that a relevant issue.