Boardmasters 2024

Will b

• 3 months later...
On 7/14/2024 at 12:23 PM, greggwhite99 said:

Hi Everyone, 1st time at Boardmasters this year, is there anywhere to buy ice in the festival?

there's a few off licensey kind of stores - can't remember if they sold ice though someone else may be more help

The town also has supermarkets, easy to get to on the bus (but obviously takes at least an hour round trip so less ideal)

9 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Yea good line up

Oxfam places still available 

Is Boardmasters full of youngsters 

It’s a mixed bag - naturally a lot of youngsters but a fair few in their late 20s, 30s + etc  

On 7/19/2024 at 9:00 PM, Skip997 said:

Yea good line up

Oxfam places still available 

Is Boardmasters full of youngsters 

Its like Reading / Leeds but with slightly more older people. Definitely 80-90% gcse / a level / uni students

Set times are out, seems to only be 5 bands and an opening DJ set on the Saturday main stage, surely that’s not right? There were 8 bands a day last year but Saturday and Sunday only have 6 and Friday has 7…

• 2 weeks later...

Bicep just pulled out due to personal reasons and been replaced by Leftfield

Late notice for sure but people are not going to be happy about that!

They were clashing with Chase & Status anyway i guess

2 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

"They were told to take him to the main welfare tent, she said, but "no one knew" where it was". 

That seems pretty extraordinary doesn't it and clearly an issue for many situations that most occur every year?

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

"They were told to take him to the main welfare tent, she said, but "no one knew" where it was". 

That seems pretty extraordinary doesn't it and clearly an issue for many situations that most occur every year?

That does sounds worrying.  It also said Sam Fender set needed to be stopped because of crowd concerns.

This is a festival that has grown significantly in numbers, so it will be interesting to hear from regulars whether the organisation has suffered with this growth? 

The bag checks were insane when i went a few years ago, mostly looking for alcohol beyond the can limit but still.

Its basically just SW england's reading at this point. thought it was a bit of a dive when i went and its a mission to get to from most places

I went this year (I’m 30) and felt old compared to the audience. Wasn’t too impressed - went last year and thought it was great but this year was poor. Thankfully we booked the pink moon camping so was away from it all. 

sound was horrendous for Chase and Status and Stormzy - Sam Fender and The Streets both got cut short and there were 3 less bands in the main stage on the Saturday / Sunday. 

Won’t personally be returning. Shame as location is amazing and I think for the younger demographic it’s a good festival. 

Edited by Dukey