Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

33 minutes ago, John L said:

A big thank you to whoever has updated the Clashfinder. Much appreciated although there does seem to be a couple of nasty clashes for me this year!

The app is actually very good

Does anyone who went last year know what the Common Stage was like when gates opened at 10am on the Friday? Is there a rush of people straight down to the barrier?

I’m hoping to get to the front for the first couple of acts so just wondering if it’s going to be a case of running once in or not. Also have Premium so hoping using Gate P might help me get to the main stage quicker than other gates 

5 hours ago, change369 said:

Does anyone who went last year know what the Common Stage was like when gates opened at 10am on the Friday? Is there a rush of people straight down to the barrier?

I’m hoping to get to the front for the first couple of acts so just wondering if it’s going to be a case of running once in or not. Also have Premium so hoping using Gate P might help me get to the main stage quicker than other gates 

Depends very much on how many fans of any particular band are going to camp out on barrier for the day. By using gate P, you'll definitely have the advantage as you'll have a free run through there and round the corner to the stage.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, change369 said:

Id suggest Saturday and Sunday will be fine but the Louis Tomlinson fans will be charging on Friday!  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, change369 said:

Also, be aware people do queue at gate P early if they are aiming for barrier, so consider arriving at that gate nice and early.

3 hours ago, Frangipane said:

Depends very much on how many fans of any particular band are going to camp out on barrier for the day. By using gate P, you'll definitely have the advantage as you'll have a free run through there and round the corner to the stage.

Thank you. It is The Snuts and Louis Tomlinson i’m wanting to be close for and as people have said there will be loads there for Louis, wasn’t sure though if it’d make much difference going from Gate P compared to the other gates as hard to judge actual distances on the site map

Edited by change369

38 minutes ago, change369 said:

Thank you. It is The Snuts and Louis Tomlinson i’m wanting to be close for and as people have said there will be loads there for Louis, wasn’t sure though if it’d make much difference going from Gate P compared to the other gates as hard to judge actual distances on the site map

Gate P is closer to the stage in walking distance than any of the standard entrances, with the possible exception of the accessible entrance.

• Thanks 1

I'm trying to think about this, I don't think I've managed to actually get to barrier for anything... maybe Peter Hook? About 4 back for Libertines? 

But then equally, I don't think I've ever tried? I don't think it should be too tricky, as long as you're early and polite. Although anything 1D-related is a different ball game tbh. 

10 hours ago, change369 said:

I have never been that early to any day but often try to turn up in time for the "early special guest" but never that bothered about getting to the barrier. Although, the other year walked up to it to watch James with no problem. 

Although, one year I went very early about 11.30 as Mary Walloppers were supposed to be on main stage around 12 but did not turn up and there was only a handful of people any where near the main stage. A bit annoyed by the no show as it makes it a stupidly long day, the only plus was I ended up discoverying Crystal Tides.

Early on the site and front of the main stage is often sparse but gets busier as the day goes on. I would imagine Friday would be fairly easy to get to the barrier if in early. Or will Louis Tomlinson throw all that out of the window and will Murder Capital and The Snuts play to record crowds.

• Thanks 1

So, who we reckoning for the secret set? I'm laughing at the News saying it could be the 1975.

My money is on:

Busted,
Rick Astley,
>>Insert Indie Band Here<<

I wish they would book the odd old school pop punk band or ska band though. I know that Reel Big Fish tearing up the Castle Stage would go down an absolute treat in Portsmouth. 

1 hour ago, eatingglitter said:

So, who we reckoning for the secret set? I'm laughing at the News saying it could be the 1975.

My money is on:

Busted,
Rick Astley,

I wish they would book the odd old school pop punk band or ska band though. I know that Reel Big Fish tearing up the Castle Stage would go down an absolute treat in Portsmouth. 

I’d be very surprised if it’s not either Rick Astley, Busted or Scouting for Girls

3 hours ago, eatingglitter said:

My money is on:

Busted,
Rick Astley,

My outside guess would be The Wombats. They headline a minor stage at Reading in the evening so would comfortably have time to rock up here and play for 45 minutes at 1pm. 

2 hours ago, johnl said:

My outside guess would be The Wombats. They headline a minor stage at Reading in the evening so would comfortably have time to rock up here and play for 45 minutes at 1pm. 

Too soon after last visit. 

I think space, Astley or busted 

interestingly at the same time is ‘special guest’ Tom Walker. I am in my 40s but know my music.  He has never been on my radar. 

if the secret guest is someone half decent (see above) surely the castle stage will be carnage due to the alternative on common. We already have the ridiculous sugababes positioning later in the day which will also lead to crushes as the entry / exit to castle is restricted.  

I witnessed both capaldi and Becky hill carnage at victorious and world be mad to repeat either due to poor programming.  

Edited by Dg_vic

2 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

Too soon after last visit. 

I think space, Astley or busted 

interestingly at the same time is ‘special guest’ Tom Walker. I am in my 40s but know my music.  He has never been on my radar. 

if the secret guest is someone half decent (see above) surely the castle stage will be carnage due to the alternative on common. We already have the ridiculous sugababes positioning later in the day which will also lead to crushes as the entry / exit to castle is restricted.  

I witnessed both capaldi and Becky hill carnage at victorious and world be mad to repeat either due to poor programming.  

Mcfly wasn’t that busy tbf at that time of the day so I’d imagine it would be ok, plus Tom Walker is a decent name 

7 minutes ago, change369 said:

When does the site map normally come out? 

TBH, I can't see the site map changing too much from previous years... maybe the exception being that the bandstand/seaside stage is back and the common stage field is bigger because no car park:

The big top/Comedy is where the strongbow bar is normally. The actual shape and size won't change much. 

Victorious-Festival-news-so-much-to-expl

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, eatingglitter said:

TBH, I can't see the site map changing too much from previous years... maybe the exception being that the bandstand/seaside stage is back and the common stage field is bigger because no car park:

The big top/Comedy is where the strongbow bar is normally. The actual shape and size won't change much. 

Victorious-Festival-news-so-much-to-expl

Looks like a couple of stages have changed names this year. Under the trees is the old acoustic stage and introducing was casemates. Beats & swing is going to be on the seaside stage so not sure what's going to be in the d day car park, maybe they'll bring back the ale bar (probably not)?