Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

3 hours ago, change369 said:

Does anyone have any experience using Gate P having premium entering when the festival opens? Do you get in any earlier or same time as the other gates?

It opens at the same time as the other gates.

• Thanks 1

Speaking of which, I had a little look at the premium upgrade and how much it would cost for our family. Bearing we've already spent about £300 on tickets (early bird first wave), another £500 for premium upgrade seems insane. That's £800ish for slightly better toilets, some stalls where there's always a huge queue and a viewing platform.

We know a few people that go premium every year and they never ever ever leave that section. Madness. 

I know they are a business and all, but pure madness to me. 

EDIT: Just a quick note here, I've been in the premium section many many times before and have never once spent more than 10 minutes in there. LOL

Edited by eatingglitter

premium does seem costly for what you get and I suspect its not targeted at a families who are there for the whole weekend.   I would never do it as I tend to spend a decent proportion of my time in the kids field (retro gaming!!) and castle stage (on the hill where the victorious sign is).  

31 minutes ago, Dg_vic said:

premium does seem costly for what you get and I suspect its not targeted at a families who are there for the whole weekend.   I would never do it as I tend to spend a decent proportion of my time in the kids field (retro gaming!!) and castle stage (on the hill where the victorious sign is).  

Yeah, I definitely agree. Those are my two fave spots as well. 🙂 That and under the tree by the skatepark eating cheap chicken nuggets. Woop.

My husband appears to have found out who the secret act is, but my husband would take a secret to the grave. I've spent the last 24 hours shouting and texting random bands at him to no avail. Haha. Not long now!

First timer here.

Keen to know about the camping area, particularly the family camping area.

Are you able to park next to your tent? If not, is it far from the car park to where you pitch?

Also, aiming to arrive late Friday morning. Based on previous years, is it likely there will still be a decent amount of space for a few tents?

Cheers

Edited by WeWillBeVictorious

On 7/24/2024 at 7:39 AM, Simsy said:

Looks like a couple of stages have changed names this year. Under the trees is the old acoustic stage and introducing was casemates. Beats & swing is going to be on the seaside stage so not sure what's going to be in the d day car park, maybe they'll bring back the ale bar (probably not)?

They have made quite a big deal about the return of the Seaside Stage this year, but they seemed to have dropped the car park stage? This used to be the Beats and Swing arena, which is now located at the Seaside Stage, so not sure what will be in the car park. Someone has suggested a real ale tent, which would be good!

On 8/13/2024 at 12:31 PM, eatingglitter said:

Yeah, I definitely agree. Those are my two fave spots as well. 🙂 That and under the tree by the skatepark eating cheap chicken nuggets. Woop.

My husband appears to have found out who the secret act is, but my husband would take a secret to the grave. I've spent the last 24 hours shouting and texting random bands at him to no avail. Haha. Not long now!

A cheeky bj might do it 😅, we need to know!

7 hours ago, PSi said:

Just starting to put my 'must-see' list / plan of campaign together for the weekend! Anyone like to recommend any of the lesser known or local acts it's worth catching? 

I am looking forward to Do Nothing, opening the castle stage Friday.  Interpol / mid 00s indie vibe. 

CMAT is excellent live 

9 hours ago, Briiii said:

This year's wristband have bar codes on them and you have to scan in and out the site

That sounds worrying. I hope they don’t plan to scan everyone at the end of the night as they leave because it will be carnage. 

hopefully just for controlling ‘sharing’ of wristbands during the day.  

9 hours ago, PSi said:

Just starting to put my 'must-see' list / plan of campaign together for the weekend! Anyone like to recommend any of the lesser known or local acts it's worth catching? 

Friday - Pacific Avenue, Murder Capital, Royston Club, The Snuts, Lottery Winners, Pastel, Rats, Holla, Covasettes 

Staurday - Welly, Crystal Tides, Royel Otis, Lathums, 

Sunday - Harvey Jay Dodgson, Red Rum Club, The Futureheads, The Hunna, 

1 hour ago, Jack01825 said:

Friday - Pacific Avenue, Murder Capital, Royston Club, The Snuts, Lottery Winners, Pastel, Rats, Holla, Covasettes 

Staurday - Welly, Crystal Tides, Royel Otis, Lathums, 

Sunday - Harvey Jay Dodgson, Red Rum Club, The Futureheads, The Hunna, 

Very excited for Royel Otis

14 hours ago, PSi said:

Lesser known acts worth catching are Murder Capital, The Clockworks and Pastel.  I’ll largely be indulging in 90s indie apart from that and checking out some new smaller bands I have no idea about! Very please with Pixies, Idles and Biffy too.  The clash gods seem to have been kind to me so far

Whoever said a Real Ale tent, that would be tremendous. Can’t wait for this weekend, best place in the world when the music is blaring and the sun is shining 🤞 hope everyone has a great time ✌️ ❤️ 

• Upvote 1

Only there for a couple of days but:

Special Guest > Royal Otis > The Lathums > Courteeners > Jamie T

The Kooks > Red Rum Club > Natasha Beddingfield > Pigeon Detectives > James Bay > Becky Hill > Biffy Clyro

Not bad at all

Was looking at the app this morning, starting to map out who I might see. I am pretty sure that a few artists start and finish times have moved a bit, nothing huge maybe like 10 or 15 minutes from previous listing's.

My likely festival will be.

Fri - Razorlight, The Murder Capital, The Royston Club,  IDLES, Snow Patrol

Sat - Tom Walker or Special Guest, Crystal Tides, CMAT or Black Grape, Holly Humberstone or Lightning Seeds, The Lathums, Courteeners, Pixies

Sun - The Kooks, Red Rum Club, The Pigeon Detectives, James Bay or Soft Play, Arlo Parks, Biffy Clyro

1 hour ago, Dales said:

Was looking at the app this morning, starting to map out who I might see. I am pretty sure that a few artists start and finish times have moved a bit, nothing huge maybe like 10 or 15 minutes from previous listing's.

You’re right, Courteeners were getting 1hr and 10.  Now 50.