Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

21 hours ago, TheFellaLondon said:

They have made quite a big deal about the return of the Seaside Stage this year, but they seemed to have dropped the car park stage? This used to be the Beats and Swing arena, which is now located at the Seaside Stage, so not sure what will be in the car park. Someone has suggested a real ale tent, which would be good!

Map just had loos in the car park, bit of a shame they're not doing anything with that space 

Seems like Wet Leg are going to be playing to a small audience on Sunday by the sound of things. It's a shame really. Maybe they should have been on common before Biffy. 

On the other hand, seeing Johnny Marr last year without a huge crowd was a pleasant way to close out our weekend so won't be disappointed if that happens again this year with Wet Leg.

Anyone else choosing Wet Leg over Biffy?

8 hours ago, Quiksylver said:

Seems like Wet Leg are going to be playing to a small audience on Sunday by the sound of things. It's a shame really. Maybe they should have been on common before Biffy. 

On the other hand, seeing Johnny Marr last year without a huge crowd was a pleasant way to close out our weekend so won't be disappointed if that happens again this year with Wet Leg.

Anyone else choosing Wet Leg over Biffy?

I am. However it seems from their set at Truck it will still just be the 1st album. No new songs except a Charli XCX cover when they did Truck

Pretty sure that Truck and in general they only play around 50ish minutes. They kept us waiting a while before coming out as Truck. As its such a small site could easily have caught a decent bit of someone else if they had been honest about the length of there set and just billed them later.

To be fair to them, they did say we only have one album and the songs are very short. So playing 1hr 10 mins seems ambitious. If they are only going to play 50 mins or so, it would be better to bill them from 10 to 10.50 and they woud get a bigger crowd from those who like both and might split the sets.

You dont want to be standing at the Castle missing Biffy while they delay coming out because of lack of material. Love Biffy and Wet Leg and so a real pants clash.

Will be wet leg for me as my kids love them and the castle stage is better for end of night, sitting on the hill watching bands.  

I think the suggestion of a crowd as small as Marr are unlikely. It’s won’t be rammed, but this is a diverse festival in terms of music so those that like pop rather than rock will be drawn to wet leg. 

Does anyone know if you pick up camping wristbands at the campsite, or can you get them at the main entrance to the festival? I know the campsite is open from Thursday evening, but if you are arriving Friday, do you need to go to the campsite first? Thanks in advance!

Edited by TheFellaLondon

1 hour ago, mikey_1871 said:

Silly question, but presume we can leave via the premium entrance at the end of the night? Can see lots of info re getting there/entrances but nothing on getting out! 

No not normally- main entrance/exits only. 

For any one who has been before but didn’t go last year

- there is no longer a car park so the main stage has moved back and the arena area is bigger. Prices for food and drink last year were eye watering as usual. Worth taking cash in case the wi-fi goes down. Queues were quite long for some food. 
for those who haven’t been before- 
It gets quite windy and cold by the sea and the weather looks wet for some of the weekend so although it may not get really muddy ( concrete roads/paths and sandy common) there is very little shelter as apart from the comedy tent all the stages are outside. Bring a ground sheet or something to sit on ground as no chairs allowed. Picnic tables around all the food areas though. Distance between stages not too bad but Castle stage can get very rammed. 
this will be our 6th Victorious festival and like last year we are staying across the road in the uni accommodation which is relatively civilised and handy to pop back to if weather gets too grim!! 

1 hour ago, sedra said:

For any one who has been before but didn’t go last year

- there is no longer a car park so the main stage has moved back and the arena area is bigger. Prices for food and drink last year were eye watering as usual. Worth taking cash in case the wi-fi goes down. Queues were quite long for some food. 
for those who haven’t been before- 
It gets quite windy and cold by the sea and the weather looks wet for some of the weekend so although it may not get really muddy ( concrete roads/paths and sandy common) there is very little shelter as apart from the comedy tent all the stages are outside. Bring a ground sheet or something to sit on ground as no chairs allowed. Picnic tables around all the food areas though. Distance between stages not too bad but Castle stage can get very rammed. 
this will be our 6th Victorious festival and like last year we are staying across the road in the uni accommodation which is relatively civilised and handy to pop back to if weather gets too grim!! 

Great tips sedra 🙂

You can leave and re-enter before 8pm, so if anyone is on a tight budget they can pop out for food/drink (although you won't be allowed to bring it back in with you). Head straight out of gate c, there's a Sainsbury's 2 mins up Palmerston road. There's also a millets further up the road if anyone is really unprepared for the weather!

Phone signal tends to be a bit ropey during the fest, so that might be something people need to bear in mind.

23 hours ago, Dales said:

Pretty sure that Truck and in general they only play around 50ish minutes. They kept us waiting a while before coming out as Truck. As its such a small site could easily have caught a decent bit of someone else if they had been honest about the length of there set and just billed them later.

To be fair to them, they did say we only have one album and the songs are very short. So playing 1hr 10 mins seems ambitious. If they are only going to play 50 mins or so, it would be better to bill them from 10 to 10.50 and they woud get a bigger crowd from those who like both and might split the sets.

You dont want to be standing at the Castle missing Biffy while they delay coming out because of lack of material. Love Biffy and Wet Leg and so a real pants clash.

Yeah I was checking out their setlist and knowing their album is short I was wondering how they could pull it off. Surprised they haven't started releasing singles from their second album yet.

It is a pants clash for sure. I'm torn really. I'd rather see Wet Leg over Biffy as I haven't seen them live before, but don't want to be hanging around for Wet Leg when Biffy are already half way through their set. Decisions...

On 7/23/2024 at 12:31 PM, eatingglitter said:

So, who we reckoning for the secret set? I'm laughing at the News saying it could be the 1975.

My money is on:

Busted,
Rick Astley,
>>Insert Indie Band Here<<

I wish they would book the odd old school pop punk band or ska band though. I know that Reel Big Fish tearing up the Castle Stage would go down an absolute treat in Portsmouth. 

Yay! My gut instinct was spot on haha

24 minutes ago, foolee said:

How long does it take to walk from the Castle to the Common stage? 

Assuming the site layout between the 2 is the same as previous years, I found that leaving the Castle stage to the left hand side (as you face out) takes 5 mins off your time - you avoid the bottlenecks going through the stalls and food trucks. The kids arena will likely be quieter (especially later in the day) which will mean you can reach the back of the Common stage quite easily. Takes just over 5 mins with a decent pace.

I've always found that in terms of festivals, the layout at Victorious is easily the best to navigate around without getting stuck.   

Edited by EssexIndie

33 minutes ago, sisco said:

IMG_5405.png

I saw the emojis and got excited for a minute as I thought it could have been Mystery Jets. As much as I like them, I'm not sure they are secret set worthy!

• Upvote 1