Green Man 2024

bexj

9 minutes ago, CRxece_ said:

Saw Mannequin Pussy over the weekend in Manchester - Really would recommend for anyone that is on the fence about seeing them, great performance but not for the faint hearted - they don't hold back!

Will be insane in the Far Out tent

Looking forward to MP, if you like them you shouldn't miss Lambrini Girls who really aren't for the faint hearted or easily offended. 

That said, LG take the standard Free Palestine position as so many bands do. It was refreshing to hear MP say Free Palestine and f*** antisemitism

Edited by modefan

1 hour ago, modefan said:

Looking forward to MP, if you like them you shouldn't miss Lambrini Girls who really aren't for the faint hearted or easily offended. 

That said, LG take the standard Free Palestine position as so many bands do. It was refreshing to hear MP say Free Palestine and f*** antisemitism

Are you suggesting that the stance many bands have taken on the situation in Palestine is just a faddy, bandwagon hopping pandering to what's cool? Because most of the bands I like feel.a lot more strongly than that about it. And it certainly is NOT an anti Jew thing, just a revulsion at the carnage that has been visited upon the Palestinian people.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stillill42 said:

Are you suggesting that the stance many bands have taken on the situation in Palestine is just a faddy, bandwagon hopping pandering to what's cool? Because most of the bands I like feel.a lot more strongly than that about it. And it certainly is NOT an anti Jew thing, just a revulsion at the carnage that has been visited upon the Palestinian people.

I have said nothing about bandwagon jumping. I am outraged by what is going on. I want freedom for Palestinians and for war to end. 'Free Palestine' is one part of a wider issue. Mannequin Pussy show that it takes literally 2 seconds to also show solidarity with victims on the 'other' side. Something as yet I've seen no other band do. On Lambrini Girls specifically, they give so much time to the conflict in their sets it is maybe a concern they don't mention solidarity with brave Israelis protesting Netanyahu's regime, or call out antisemitism.       

Edited by modefan

3 minutes ago, modefan said:

I have said nothing about bandwagon jumping. I am outraged by what is going on. I want freedom for Palestinians and for war to end. 'Free Palestine' is one part of a wider issue. Mannequin Pussy show that it takes literally 2 seconds to also show solidarity with victims on the 'other' side. Something as yet I've seen no other band do. On Lambrini Girls specifically, they give so much time to the conflict in their sets it is maybe a concern they don't mention solidarity with brave Israelis protesting Netanyahu's regime, or call out antisemitism.       

Fair enough,  @modefan, Ive maybe musinterpreted that initial post.

Well my Thursday is already taking a turn for the better and looking like i'll be hitting the ground running - already a fan of Liz Lawrence but have now discovered Sheer Mag which is like having the soundtrack to the film FM playing in the background with very spikey and big female vocals over the top. Great stuff, will be camped at the Far Out for the afternoon/evening.

And if you haven't encountered the soundtrack to FM, and you like your 1970/80s American soft rock, it's one of the best £3 I ever spent on a 2nd/3rd/4th/Xth hand vinyl. 

• Like 1