Green Man 2024

bexj

Saw Mannequin Pussy over the weekend in Manchester - Really would recommend for anyone that is on the fence about seeing them, great performance but not for the faint hearted - they don't hold back!

Will be insane in the Far Out tent

Edited by CRxece_
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CRxece_ said:

Saw Mannequin Pussy over the weekend in Manchester - Really would recommend for anyone that is on the fence about seeing them, great performance but not for the faint hearted - they don't hold back!

Will be insane in the Far Out tent

Looking forward to MP, if you like them you shouldn't miss Lambrini Girls who really aren't for the faint hearted or easily offended. 

That said, LG take the standard Free Palestine position as so many bands do. It was refreshing to hear MP say Free Palestine and f*** antisemitism

Edited by modefan

1 hour ago, modefan said:

Looking forward to MP, if you like them you shouldn't miss Lambrini Girls who really aren't for the faint hearted or easily offended. 

That said, LG take the standard Free Palestine position as so many bands do. It was refreshing to hear MP say Free Palestine and f*** antisemitism

Are you suggesting that the stance many bands have taken on the situation in Palestine is just a faddy, bandwagon hopping pandering to what's cool? Because most of the bands I like feel.a lot more strongly than that about it. And it certainly is NOT an anti Jew thing, just a revulsion at the carnage that has been visited upon the Palestinian people.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stillill42 said:

Are you suggesting that the stance many bands have taken on the situation in Palestine is just a faddy, bandwagon hopping pandering to what's cool? Because most of the bands I like feel.a lot more strongly than that about it. And it certainly is NOT an anti Jew thing, just a revulsion at the carnage that has been visited upon the Palestinian people.

I have said nothing about bandwagon jumping. I am outraged by what is going on. I want freedom for Palestinians and for war to end. 'Free Palestine' is one part of a wider issue. Mannequin Pussy show that it takes literally 2 seconds to also show solidarity with victims on the 'other' side. Something as yet I've seen no other band do. On Lambrini Girls specifically, they give so much time to the conflict in their sets it is maybe a concern they don't mention solidarity with brave Israelis protesting Netanyahu's regime, or call out antisemitism.       

Edited by modefan

3 minutes ago, modefan said:

I have said nothing about bandwagon jumping. I am outraged by what is going on. I want freedom for Palestinians and for war to end. 'Free Palestine' is one part of a wider issue. Mannequin Pussy show that it takes literally 2 seconds to also show solidarity with victims on the 'other' side. Something as yet I've seen no other band do. On Lambrini Girls specifically, they give so much time to the conflict in their sets it is maybe a concern they don't mention solidarity with brave Israelis protesting Netanyahu's regime, or call out antisemitism.       

Fair enough,  @modefan, Ive maybe musinterpreted that initial post.

Well my Thursday is already taking a turn for the better and looking like i'll be hitting the ground running - already a fan of Liz Lawrence but have now discovered Sheer Mag which is like having the soundtrack to the film FM playing in the background with very spikey and big female vocals over the top. Great stuff, will be camped at the Far Out for the afternoon/evening.

And if you haven't encountered the soundtrack to FM, and you like your 1970/80s American soft rock, it's one of the best £3 I ever spent on a 2nd/3rd/4th/Xth hand vinyl. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/2/2024 at 8:43 AM, modefan said:

Saw both at Glastonbury - both good but Mannequin Pussy were excellent and will be unmissable at GM . Great tunes and live performance - huge energy. 

• Like 1

Has anyone received their car park pass(es) in the post yet? I had an email from Tickeline last month saying they'll be sending them out "soon" but haven't received anything yet... It's my first time at GM so not sure when they usually get sent out

Edited by Tomos_

2 hours ago, Tomos_ said:

Has anyone received their car park pass(es) in the post yet? I had an email from Tickeline last month saying they'll be sending them out "soon" but haven't received anything yet... It's my first time at GM so not sure when they usually get sent out

Settlers car park ticket arrived on Saturday.  I've not had my standard one through yet

2 hours ago, Tomos_ said:

Yep, orange car park ticket came Friday. 

3 hours ago, Tomos_ said:

Mine arrived this afternoon

1 hour ago, cdm22 said:

My car park pass arrived today. No tickets yet though but I am assuming that is the same for everyone?

May be misremembering but thought they are e- tickets now??

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sawman said:

May be misremembering but thought they are e- tickets now??

4 hours ago, Tomos_ said:

My parking pass arrived today. Came in a very unassuming envelope  - I nearly threw it away as a circular. The actual festival tickets are e-tickets now. Mine arrived 21st July last year. 

How early were people arriving last year?

Only been twice but I remember in 2019 arriving about 2:30pm and there was a massive queue and I then had to hunt around for ages to find a decent pitch.

In 2022, I think they opened gates earlier on the Thursday because they had more programmed in that day. Got there about 10am and it was a doddle getting in and barely anyone was pitched up.

See gates open at 9am this year. Was it the same last year? Thinking of aiming to get there about 10am again.

On 7/4/2024 at 11:18 AM, _Tommy_ said:

And if you haven't encountered the soundtrack to FM, and you like your 1970/80s American soft rock, it's one of the best £3 I ever spent on a 2nd/3rd/4th/Xth hand vinyl. 

If only Donald Fagen was on the lineup.... make it so Green Man

We usually get there about 10ish on Thursday and no problem with finding a space.  It seems to fill fast though, especially in the Quiet camping

8 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

How early were people arriving last year?

Only been twice but I remember in 2019 arriving about 2:30pm and there was a massive queue and I then had to hunt around for ages to find a decent pitch.

In 2022, I think they opened gates earlier on the Thursday because they had more programmed in that day. Got there about 10am and it was a doddle getting in and barely anyone was pitched up.

See gates open at 9am this year. Was it the same last year? Thinking of aiming to get there about 10am again.

I am a bit confused about the gates opening at 9 bit on the website. I have always arrived around 9.30 but they haven’t allowed entrance into the camping site until 10 apart from 2022 which was a special year and they let people in about 20 mins early. I would say arriving anytime up-to mid-afternoon is fine. 

Last year arriving in the afternoon was a joke, the traffic queue went back around 3 miles and was barely moving. Took well over two hours to reach the site, probably closer to three. It turned out priority was being given to vehicles coming from the wrong direction when supposedly access was from the west only (the cars were clearly ordinary punters, not artists). Hopefully that nonsense won't be allowed this year. 

Once in - by now after 5pm -  it was a struggle to find a pitch.   

All sounds a bit manic for a Thursday start. My flight lands at Bristol airport at 9 and I'm booked on the National Express from Bristol coach station at 9.50. Only hand luggage, still a mad rush. That's scheduled to get to the site at 11.30, which would be deadly. I'm in a 2 man pre pitched so no faffing around finding spots to pitch. If I miss the coach, entirely possible, I'm heading for the train station and it all gets a lot messier. Anyway, sure look, it'll all work out grand I'm sure.

1 hour ago, Stillill42 said:

All sounds a bit manic for a Thursday start. My flight lands at Bristol airport at 9 and I'm booked on the National Express from Bristol coach station at 9.50. Only hand luggage, still a mad rush. That's scheduled to get to the site at 11.30, which would be deadly. I'm in a 2 man pre pitched so no faffing around finding spots to pitch. If I miss the coach, entirely possible, I'm heading for the train station and it all gets a lot messier. Anyway, sure look, it'll all work out grand I'm sure.

Wow that sounds mad! Good luck. Be good to hear how it works out! 

• Thanks 1

Interestingly Big Thief have parted ways with their bassist for "interpersonal reasons." Given the  lead singer and guitarist are divorced I think this is pretty seismic and has the potential to really upset the dynamic of the band. They've got a couple of shows before GM to work it out but am very interested to see how they are.

57 minutes ago, rug568 said:

Interestingly Big Thief have parted ways with their bassist for "interpersonal reasons." Given the  lead singer and guitarist are divorced I think this is pretty seismic and has the potential to really upset the dynamic of the band. They've got a couple of shows before GM to work it out but am very interested to see how they are.

It should be fun hearing their songs sans bass