Green Man 2024

bexj

On 7/15/2024 at 9:45 PM, Mambonumberfive said:

Sort of but not quite 😁 I’d forgotten the headliners start at 11.15 so got there at 10.15 and leant on the railing. The next thing I woke up because my glass (empty) fell out of my hand. Feeling miffed with Self Esteem because I thought she was being a diva and deliberately not showing up on time, I went back to my tent. I woke up the next morning with a bag of half eaten chips in my pocket that I had no recollection of buying. Gutted I’d missed Self Esteem. I don’t normally end up like that, honest! All I can say is some of those GM ales must have crept up on me.

Ah, that makes more sense. Although I do now miss out on the idea of Rebecca Lucy Taylor looking down in between each song and seeing one chap happily snoring away on the rail and getting more irate with every passing song. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I have no idea what the definition of Psych musically is but maybe Jjuuujuuu fit the bill.

Liking the sound of this

No idea how you define psych!! Lol!

So 4 weeks, nice little heads up!

But what is being alluded to here? Some last acts to add? I seem to remember there being a few last year right at the last minute (Orielles were one I think), or is that too optimistic? 

image.png.a8beca72c066084af12c09082ee6d271.png

3 hours ago, _Tommy_ said:

But what is being alluded to here? Some last acts to add? I seem to remember there being a few last year right at the last minute (Orielles were one I think), or is that too optimistic? 

Fingers crossed it’s something exciting but could just be an addition to the beer tent or a new gravy on the pie minister stand.

9 minutes ago, Mambonumberfive said:

Fingers crossed it’s something exciting but could just be an addition to the beer tent or a new gravy on the pie minister stand.

Sadly Pieminister hasn’t been at GM since 2019.

56 minutes ago, WillEds said:

Sadly Pieminister hasn’t been at GM since 2019.

Really ! I must start opening my eyes more when I walk around. To be fair I tend to more for wraps and noodles etc. speaking of which I was a bit disappointed the noodle place shut up shop by the Saturday last year. Looked really good. 

I'm trying to sell a ticket via fantickets but when I try and list it using the official ticketline route it says it's a paper ticket and won't let me change it?

Anyone else having this problem?

tia

1 hour ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Also anyone got any recommendations for bands that absolutely slap live? I'd like to dance, have a cry, feel weirded out, stand in awe. Anything that evokes strong emotions of any kind is welcome!

ill be shakin all i got to omar souleyman

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Also anyone got any recommendations for bands that absolutely slap live? I'd like to dance, have a cry, feel weirded out, stand in awe. Anything that evokes strong emotions of any kind is welcome!

I'll be front and centre for bdrmm and Mannequin Pussy

• Like 1

15 hours ago, _Tommy_ said:

Hopefully a couple sneaky additions - I remember English Teacher got added a day before or on the day last year? Always welcome

9 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

The Mary Wallopers. There'll be dancing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

When do we get stage times?

Usually published in the programme which Settlers can buy - and normally some kind soul puts pics up here so us mere mortals can get the times early in the week!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bexj said:

Usually published in the programme which Settlers can buy - and normally some kind soul puts pics up here so us mere mortals can get the times early in the week!

We are Settlers this year and having to pop home on Tuesday so will take pics and post on here then - unless someone beats us to it. Can't do it from site cos will have no signal if Three is usual in that area.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Lambrini Girls will be an experience even if their music isn't for you. Maruja will be a highlight

With the new announcement of Mysterines joining the bill looks like Mannequin Pussy have dropped off...sad. However the TBA has moved up on the Saturday and on their tour website it says they're playing the 17th so hopefully they've just been bumped up on a different day!

Edited by bandsrcool

6 minutes ago, bandsrcool said:

With the new announcement of Mysterines joining the bill looks like Mannequin Pussy have dropped off...sad. However the TBA has moved up on the Saturday and on their tour website it says they're playing the 17th so hopefully they've just been bumped up on a different day!

Is it just me or do Mysterines look a bit low on that line up? Given the airplay on 6 Music (GM is a centrist Dad haven) I would expect that to be busy.