Green Man 2024

bexj

24 minutes ago, bandsrcool said:

With the new announcement of Mysterines joining the bill looks like Mannequin Pussy have dropped off...sad. However the TBA has moved up on the Saturday and on their tour website it says they're playing the 17th so hopefully they've just been bumped up on a different day!

Where is the TBA?

53 minutes ago, bandsrcool said:

With the new announcement of Mysterines joining the bill looks like Mannequin Pussy have dropped off...sad. However the TBA has moved up on the Saturday and on their tour website it says they're playing the 17th so hopefully they've just been bumped up on a different day!

If Mannequin Pussy were playing they'd be in the line-up. Why would they go from listed to TBA, let along that the TBA was there on the last graphic?

28 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Where is the TBA?

Walled Garden on Saturday.

Updated: https://clashfinder.com/s/gm2024   Only other major change is Nadine Shah and Mary Wallopers swapping days.

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jeel said:

I'm trying to sell a ticket via fantickets but when I try and list it using the official ticketline route it says it's a paper ticket and won't let me change it?

Anyone else having this problem?

tia

I had the same, just listed with postage options and added a comment to the 'in-person' bit offering to forward by email.  I'd imagine once the tickets are produced and sent out there'll be an option for fanticks to take care of emailing a new barcode/QR code ticket to the buyer

14 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Also anyone got any recommendations for bands that absolutely slap live? I'd like to dance, have a cry, feel weirded out, stand in awe. Anything that evokes strong emotions of any kind is welcome!

There are rumours* that when Julia Holter sings 'Betsy on the Roof' live the gates of heaven open up and the angels swoon.

*I may have started those rumours

• Upvote 1

New updates looking fantastic, can't wait to have a Growler in hand!

Hoping for Round The Twist to be more of a singalong old school songs place rather than a Techno area during Afterdark hours!

Just seen Mannequin Pussy have dropped out - Spain without the S

Edited by CRxece_

3 hours ago, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

There are rumours* that when Julia Holter sings 'Betsy on the Roof' live the gates of heaven open up and the angels swoon.

*I may have started those rumours

Sounds deadly. I'm sold. Have the Julia Holter fans given Rachel Lavelle a spin? Irish girl, obviously a big Julia fan but nice album. 

Edited by Stillill42

7 hours ago, vinylvictim said:

I had the same, just listed with postage options and added a comment to the 'in-person' bit offering to forward by email.  I'd imagine once the tickets are produced and sent out there'll be an option for fanticks to take care of emailing a new barcode/QR code ticket to the buyer

I’m trying to get a couple of kids 6-12 tickets & I’m not getting alerts from Fanticks. I’ve set up alerts on 2 different accounts and not getting any on either. I’ve also emailed them for help but they haven’t responded. Anyone else having this problem? 

13 minutes ago, mario man said:

I’m trying to get a couple of kids 6-12 tickets & I’m not getting alerts from Fanticks. I’ve set up alerts on 2 different accounts and not getting any on either. I’ve also emailed them for help but they haven’t responded. Anyone else having this problem? 

Sorry can’t really help, but I’m getting alerts for a search I created for “Green Man Festival 2023”, search must be doing a near match.

Fanticks used to Tweet when tickets became available, but that was for all events and this stopped working last year. 
I can only suggest to be proactive and run the search yourself 5 or 6 times a day.

There didn’t seem to be a pattern to the timings of the alerts.

I did have an alert last week for one 6-12 ticket, good luck hope you get them soon.

13 hours ago, WillEds said:

Sorry can’t really help, but I’m getting alerts for a search I created for “Green Man Festival 2023”, search must be doing a near match.

Fanticks used to Tweet when tickets became available, but that was for all events and this stopped working last year. 
I can only suggest to be proactive and run the search yourself 5 or 6 times a day.

There didn’t seem to be a pattern to the timings of the alerts.

I did have an alert last week for one 6-12 ticket, good luck hope you get them soon.

3 hours ago, bexj said:

The alerts are rubbish on fanticks. You just have to keep checking.  

Cheers both. I’m checking as much as possible in light of no alerts. I got a kids ticket about 2 weeks before gates in 2022, therefore hoping a few more come available nearer the festival 

29 minutes ago, mario man said:

Cheers both. I’m checking as much as possible in light of no alerts. I got a kids ticket about 2 weeks before gates in 2022, therefore hoping a few more come available nearer the festival 

Echo the rubbish alerts message. I found the alerts absolutely useless. I got a single adult ticket a few weeks ago just through multiple daily check ins. I would say that lots of tickets have been up over the last few weeks although most are batches, you know, 2 adult, one teenager, one carpark all being sold together which is pretty frustrating. Anyway, lots of people assured me that loads pop up closer to kick off. I'm sure you'll bag what you need. Best of luck.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bexj said:

Was it really that bad in 2012? I was actually at another washout of a festival that year (albeit in July) so it's believable but I can't think it was that much worse than, say, 2010 (my first one and for the most part absolutely miserable for rain)

On 7/17/2024 at 10:21 AM, majormajormajor said:

Psych fans -- don't forget Andrew Savage (Parquet Courts singer) is in the Walled Garden on Saturday.

His solo stuff is a bit different, but here's something that you might like if you're a fan of Parkay Quarts:

Le grand balloon and Indian style are absolute quality. Good run on Friday, personal trainer, A Savage, FWF and Jesus and Mary chain. Nice.

9 hours ago, bexj said:

45,000 still in the queue for tickets when they sold out (suggests demand was 3x supply), definitely getting Glastonbury like for ticket day faff. Personally didn't realise how lucky we were to get them. 

1 minute ago, _Tommy_ said:

45,000 still in the queue for tickets when they sold out (suggests demand was 3x supply), definitely getting Glastonbury like for ticket day faff. Personally didn't realise how lucky we were to get them. 

Trouble is, this will just further fuel demand for 2025 etc. I’ve notice the number on my ticket is getting higher each year since going digital. And yep definitely get the glasto angst on ticket buying day. Refresh, refresh, browsers open on every device in the house!! 

Folks, who are the likely epic shows on the Mountain Stage this year?

I love the Mountain Stage, beautiful backdrop and a natural arena. I like to set up home there, the kids know where I am and off they go. However, almost everything I think will be dramatic and exciting is on at FarOut this year, which tbh is a tent stage like any other at any other festival. I don’t really understand why it’s such a big division this year, for example gutted that Nadine Shah isn’t on the Mountain Stage, she’ll be pure musical drama, fantastic musician, a real show. The mountain stage looks a bit dull this year to me. Can folk highlight where the Mountain stage drama will be? Thanks loads!

Some nasty new clashes based on their revised day splits. (At least based on the current clashfinder)

Torn between Arlo versus A Savage, Riff Raff versus Lime Garden, Mary Wallopers versus Ezra Collective and Fat White Family versus Mount Kimbie.

1 hour ago, caleb said:

Folks, who are the likely epic shows on the Mountain Stage this year?

I love the Mountain Stage, beautiful backdrop and a natural arena. I like to set up home there, the kids know where I am and off they go. However, almost everything I think will be dramatic and exciting is on at FarOut this year, which tbh is a tent stage like any other at any other festival. I don’t really understand why it’s such a big division this year, for example gutted that Nadine Shah isn’t on the Mountain Stage, she’ll be pure musical drama, fantastic musician, a real show. The mountain stage looks a bit dull this year to me. Can folk highlight where the Mountain stage drama will be? Thanks loads!

Totally agree about Nadine Shah being on the wrong stage, she would have been perfect either pre headliner or before Devandra. Although I think I’m more annoyed that I’m being forced to choose between the two aforementioned and Oracle Sisters on walled. Not sure if it’s the choice of headliners this year, over an otherwise excellent lineup, that has dictated who’s playing where or just the way the cards play out sometimes. In addition to Big Thief, I’m personally looking forward to BCNR 

1 hour ago, OddRon said:

Some nasty new clashes based on their revised day splits. (At least based on the current clashfinder)

Torn between Arlo versus A Savage, Riff Raff versus Lime Garden, Mary Wallopers versus Ezra Collective and Fat White Family versus Mount Kimbie.

Yes the clashes for me are brutal this year. RIff Raff v Lime Garden, Devandra v Nadine v Oracle Sisters and Black Country v Michael Head. I don’t usually like watching parts of sets but looks like I’ll be doing it this year. And fewer pit stops for food and drink!