Green Man 2024

bexj

6 hours ago, Stillill42 said:

I presume people will be getting their tickets, pdfs, next week right? I won't rest ENTIRELY easy till that Fanticks transaction is completed.

I've only ever seen "in August" in Comms so more than likely yes, but not guaranteed.

Would probably be cutting a bit fine to do the week after, given fanticks and stuff. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, _Tommy_ said:

I've only ever seen "in August" in Comms so more than likely yes, but not guaranteed.

Would probably be cutting a bit fine to do the week after, given fanticks and stuff. 

Just checked and my 2023 tickets arrived on the 21st July and that was via Fanticks. So should be any day soon.

It’s not in Ticket lines  interest to send them earlier as tickets can then we sold on other platforms and Ticket Line/Fanticks will miss out on their handling fees.

• Thanks 1

Looks like the long anticipated flood of tickets onto the resale platform has started if anyone is still looking for tickets: https://www.fanticks.com/event/green-man-festival

Mostly pairs have started appearing, which is usually pretty high demand, but up to groups of 4 by the looks of things. Even one or two listed below face value (although the Fanticks fee does push it back over face value)

Edited by _Tommy_
typo

39 minutes ago, rseamer said:

Just seen that Georgia Ruth (Mountain Stage) has had to drop out due to personal reasons. 

I think this might be connected to Cowbois Rhos Botwnnog having pulled out their Walled Garden slot - seems to be some health issues and shared personnel/relationships between them.

5 minutes ago, _Tommy_ said:

Looks like the long anticipated flood of tickets onto the resale platform has started if anyone is still looking for tickets: https://www.fanticks.com/event/green-man-festival

Mostly pairs have started appearing, which is usually pretty high demand, but up to groups of 4 by the looks of things. Even one or two listed below face value (although the Fanticks fee does push it back over face value)

Thanks Tommy - last time I had tickets to sell Fanticks did not exist.  No selling fees makes it attractive! 

27 minutes ago, _Tommy_ said:

I think this might be connected to Cowbois Rhos Botwnnog having pulled out their Walled Garden slot - seems to be some health issues and shared personnel/relationships between them.

She's the partner of the singer from Cowbois, who had some kind of health issue on stage and spent a week in hospital (her message mentions he'd just been discharged) I'm guessing GM knew this was likely and will announce a replacement imminently.

37 minutes ago, sscrybaby said:

Mermaid Chunky and HMS Morris have been added to line-up 

Not feeling it with the Mermaids but HMS Morris sound pretty cool. Hope they're slotted in for that Thursday Walled Garden spot.

8 minutes ago, Stillill42 said:

Not feeling it with the Mermaids but HMS Morris sound pretty cool. Hope they're slotted in for that Thursday Walled Garden spot.

Also enjoying HMS Morris! According to line-up on GM website, they'll be doing the Thursday Walled Garden spot and Mermaid Chunky on the Friday Mountain Stage slot. 

7 minutes ago, sscrybaby said:

Also enjoying HMS Morris! According to line-up on GM website, they'll be doing the Thursday Walled Garden spot and Mermaid Chunky on the Friday Mountain Stage slot. 

Ah great stuff! That's a lovely Thursday now.

First Big Thief show of the year, headlining some U.S festival. Played almost entirely new unreleased material other than Masterpiece, Not and Dragon Mountain. I’m really hoping they don’t do this at Green Man. A headline slot is not the place to road test unreleased material at all and I can see myself seeing the OSees if this appears to be the case. I’m sure the songs will be great but this sorta thing irks me, I really like getting into an artist’s material before I see them and I’ve had their last few albums on non stop lately.

Edited by OddRon
  • Upvote 2

A question for the veteran Green Man punters, any suggestions for a tent where you can chill? I am looking for a zen/chill kind of tent but without the requirement of having to do yoga/meditation, just a tent with cushions on the floor to chill out

10 hours ago, BluesManP said:

A question for the veteran Green Man punters, any suggestions for a tent where you can chill? I am looking for a zen/chill kind of tent but without the requirement of having to do yoga/meditation, just a tent with cushions on the floor to chill out

Dunno about cushions, but cinemadome would probably be a good shout. You might have a film going on in the background but plenty of room (usually) to spread out a bit. 

Chai Wallahs has plenty of things to sit on during the day as well, more stools/seats than cushions but music can be fairly chilled during the day. 

• Like 1

There's the odd cafe with comfy seats about as well - I can think of one at the top of the Mountain stage field, opposite the coffee place. I think there's probably one at the top as well, to the left of Far Out.

Pretty sure there's a quiet tent near lost property, which is just outside of the arena, but I could be wrong about that - I'm sure people who camp that side can confirm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

There's the odd cafe with comfy seats about as well - I can think of one at the top of the Mountain stage field, opposite the coffee place. I think there's probably one at the top as well, to the left of Far Out.

Pretty sure there's a quiet tent near lost property, which is just outside of the arena, but I could be wrong about that - I'm sure people who camp that side can confirm.

Thanks for the detailed response 🙂 I love my cushions and my zen like tents. My main regret last year was not exploring much!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mambonumberfive said:

Just wondering about the Hot Wax set - Is it an actual set or are they DJing?

the poster looks like an after dark DJish set, but the clashfinder and timings from previous years make me think proper set. 

If it was a DJ set it'd be marked as one on the graphic/poster. There's always a live set at that time on Walled Garden.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

If it was a DJ set it'd be marked as one on the graphic/poster. There's always a live set at that time on Walled Garden.

Thanks, that’s reassuring! not a fan of J&MC and don’t fancy a whole set of Jon Hopkins - Friday late suddenly improved for me!

19 hours ago, BluesManP said:

Not what you asked for ...but maybe what you'll enjoy:  The art installations, in the wooded area between the Walled Garden and Green Man Rising stage often have ambient music/ sounds.  If teh weather is good it can be the most terrific space.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, From the Woods said:

Not what you asked for ...but maybe what you'll enjoy:  The art installations, in the wooded area between the Walled Garden and Green Man Rising stage often have ambient music/ sounds.  If teh weather is good it can be the most terrific space.

It still useful info, thanks! 🙂

11 hours ago, BluesManP said:

Another question, when do the actual lineup times get released? Same question for the workshops

In the programme when you get there - but nice folks in Settlers (like me) will take pics and post them here so the clashfinder can be updated.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

In the programme when you get there - but nice folks in Settlers (like me) will take pics and post them here so the clashfinder can be updated.

The early weather gods have blessed your kind actions. Let's hope the mid-range and close to event weather gods share the same level of generosity. 

image.thumb.png.ca58d4338c07b62600b09f7b7fc1e59b.png