Green Man 2024

bexj

17 minutes ago, AtomsForPizza said:

Does everyone get a programme for free or do you have to buy one? 

You have to buy one, think they are usually around a tenner; also comes with a lanyard with all the times printed on a handy bunch of cards that can be carried around the neck.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone use Fanticks?  Trying to log in to my account and forgotten my password.  Trying to use password recovery link but not receiving a password reset email from them.  Wondering if anyone else is having the same issue?

34 minutes ago, slumberjack said:

Does anyone use Fanticks?  Trying to log in to my account and forgotten my password.  Trying to use password recovery link but not receiving a password reset email from them.  Wondering if anyone else is having the same issue?

I'm with them too, not had that issue but did reach out to them on Twitter over something else and got a fairly swift response. 

Edit: Looking back, I see I actually emailed them and they sorted me out pretty quickly. 

Edited by Stillill42

Not been in over 10 years but picked up some resale tickets. 

does anyone know if anywhere on site sells ice from past years experience?

and can you still ‘unofficially’ take your booze around? You used to be able to but not sure if things have tightened up. 

ta. 

16 minutes ago, monday said:

Not been in over 10 years but picked up some resale tickets. 

does anyone know if anywhere on site sells ice from past years experience?

and can you still ‘unofficially’ take your booze around? You used to be able to but not sure if things have tightened up. 

ta. 

Not sure about ice but it’s still ok to take a few cans in a backpack proving you are not obvious. Last year I got stopped from taking a can I was drinking from into the walled garden, but no problem drinking them once in there, and there are more security than the old days but it’s still really relaxed! 

1 hour ago, Mambonumberfive said:

Not sure about ice but it’s still ok to take a few cans in a backpack proving you are not obvious. Last year I got stopped from taking a can I was drinking from into the walled garden, but no problem drinking them once in there, and there are more security than the old days but it’s still really relaxed! 

Thanks that's how it was 10 years ago too, as long as I wasn't walking in whilst drinking one which is nice to hear it's the same.

Counting down the days now 🙂

Green Man is this month!!!! 

Yippee!  In the midst of an absolutely shite year, I think I'm allowing myself to get a little bit excited.  

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Mikelpikel said:

Trolley question, can you take the hire ones all the way to your tent? Or is it a car to entry scenario?

So bloody excited! Can’t wait for that first cider sitting on the hill!

You can take the trollies to your tent. Parking is in a field 10 mins from the entrance. Echo excitement - I certainly need to break away right now! 

22 minutes ago, Mikelpikel said:

Trolley question, can you take the hire ones all the way to your tent? Or is it a car to entry scenario?

So bloody excited! Can’t wait for that first cider sitting on the hill!

yes you can hire a trolley to take your kit to your camping area. You are charged by to half hour I think. If you’ve hired a trolly for the weekend, that trolley won’t be available until the Friday; last year we ended up hiring one for the tent drop and one for the toddler. Going to buy our own this year. 

Now, can anyone remember the Mr Trolley's opening times for Settlers?

For the first time in a while we're not descending on Glanusk at first light on Monday and are debating heading down either after work or Tuesday morning. However, I don't want to risk arriving to no trolley!

Has anyone done a walk into Crickhowell during the festival? Thinking of doing it Friday morning and coming back just after lunch but what's the route? Can you cross the river by the festival and follow the river on the A40 side?

39 minutes ago, _Tommy_ said:

Has anyone done a walk into Crickhowell during the festival? Thinking of doing it Friday morning and coming back just after lunch but what's the route? Can you cross the river by the festival and follow the river on the A40 side?

Crossing the Bridge and turning right along the river is the quickest and flattest walk into Crick. I’ve not done it during the Festival so not sure if there’s any access issues.

The other option is to walk along the Canal as far as Dardy and then drop down into Crick. There’s a steep path up to the Canal that’s normally accessed from a gate behind Chai Wallahs which is shut for the Festival, so you’d need to leave from the Orange Car Park exit and head along the road for about half a mile to access it.

The canal walk is lovely.

Last time I tried the river walk (pre pandemic) the route was shut, possibly some weather related access issue.  But you'll find out by the tower bridge so it's not too far to retrace steps. 

I stay in Crick so walk most days. Both routes are nice, but the canal path involves a sharp uphill from town. The river path is a little nicer but gets a bit boggy when it rains. The river path gets you to the main entrance. The canal path through the accessibility box office, so also depends where you're coming from. 

There's a free shuttle bus as well, which is very hit and miss with how long you'll wait. 

Anyone know whether reselling your eticket before you receive it causes any problems? I've seen some listings as 'meet in person' (as it forces you to select paper/deliver) and just presume they'll get emailed over when they arrive. 

On 8/3/2024 at 1:58 PM, _Tommy_ said:

Bit late to this. But Ive doen both with a buggy. along the canal there and along the river back. When we did the canal (in 2019?!?) the walk to the canal was signposted for settlers. It was a bit hilly to get up to the canal (and down), but worth it. The river was also fine if you have a modestly sturdy buggy.

Strong recommend from moi.

On 8/3/2024 at 7:08 PM, Jeel said:

Anyone know whether reselling your eticket before you receive it causes any problems? I've seen some listings as 'meet in person' (as it forces you to select paper/deliver) and just presume they'll get emailed over when they arrive. 

No it won't cause a problem providing the person you are selling to has a smart phone you can send it to.  Just one week until they open for Settlers and I've still not had my Settlers etickets though!  Will leave it 'til Wed and then chase them.

• Like 1

Had a little listen to the Green Man podcast they put up this morning, Pictish Trail and Gillie chatting about their Green Man experiences. Enjoyed it, particularly the Pictish trail bit, gave me a feel for the site and stages, sounds like a lovely fella. Another little ramp up in the anticipation. Like it needed it.