Green Man 2024

bexj

8 minutes ago, Stillill42 said:

Had a little listen to the Green Man podcast they put up this morning, Pictish Trail and Gillie chatting about their Green Man experiences. Enjoyed it, particularly the Pictish trail bit, gave me a feel for the site and stages, sounds like a lovely fella. Another little ramp up in the anticipation. Like it needed it. 

Watched Pictish Trail at last year's Green Man, he was loads of fun. Then later in the evening as me and my wife were walking from the Mountain Stage to Far Out we passed him, recognised him, said hi, and had a really friendly conversation. I was nervous about annoying him but if anything he wanted to keep talking longer than us!

Seemed like a genuinely lovely fella.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2024 at 2:48 PM, WillEds said:

There’s a steep path up to the Canal that’s normally accessed from a gate behind Chai Wallahs which is shut for the Festival, so you’d need to leave from the Orange Car Park exit and head along the road for about half a mile to access it.

That's not quite right - the gate is open during the festival but you access from Settlement / blue car park - to get there, you go along the main track (from Courtyard direction) until you reach Settlement/Accessibility box office, turn right and go past the box office and up one of the rows of cars, then when you reach the main access aisle that runs the length of the car park turn right again, and you can follow it past the end of the car park up to the gate, which is next to the cottage. There will be a security person on the gate but they will let you out, and let you back in if you're wearing a festival wristband.

It is a lovely half day out to walk to Crickhowell either by the canal or the river, and walk back the other way.

On 7/30/2024 at 8:21 PM, From the Woods said:

Not what you asked for ...but maybe what you'll enjoy:  The art installations, in the wooded area between the Walled Garden and Green Man Rising stage often have ambient music/ sounds.  If teh weather is good it can be the most terrific space.

Good idea, I will bring a mat

11 minutes ago, axel75 said:

Had email back from Ticketline today, tickets will be sent out by Friday at the latest.

Friday!  Wow, that's cutting it fine for settlers!

4 hours ago, axel75 said:

Had email back from Ticketline today, tickets will be sent out by Friday at the latest.

OK. That is a bit sh*t. As we are leaving home on Friday for a weekend away elsewhere. So won't be able to print them out. And relying on getting any internet access in the fields in Bannau Brycheiniog National Park would be very foolish.

38 minutes ago, retromoz said:

OK. That is a bit sh*t. As we are leaving home on Friday for a weekend away elsewhere. So won't be able to print them out. And relying on getting any internet access in the fields in Bannau Brycheiniog National Park would be very foolish.

I suggest you download the tickets on Friday. They are PDF files iirc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BluesManP said:

I suggest you download the tickets on Friday. They are PDF files iirc

Aye, thats what we will do. If they arrive before we leave. OTherwise, it will be a case of going somewhere which will have wifi. It's not a complete disaster. It's just.....unjustified annoyance. 

Goodness knows what dirt Ticketline have on the organisers to warrant them still being used by them....

There seems to be FAR less tickets on Fanticks this year than I can remember in previous years. Could be related to the tickets not being issued yet.

Due to the lack of resales I can’t get the final Little Folk ticket I need. However I have an extra adult ticket - therefore would be trying to get my 12yo in on this. I’ll be out of pocket but hopefully ok to bring a child in on an adult ticket? Anyone had experience with something like this? Cheers

1 hour ago, mario man said:

There seems to be FAR less tickets on Fanticks this year than I can remember in previous years. Could be related to the tickets not being issued yet.

Due to the lack of resales I can’t get the final Little Folk ticket I need. However I have an extra adult ticket - therefore would be trying to get my 12yo in on this. I’ll be out of pocket but hopefully ok to bring a child in on an adult ticket? Anyone had experience with something like this? Cheers

Yes, I’ve gone both says. Upgraded a teen to an Adult (Pay the difference at the Box office) and downgraded an Adult to a teen (No refund).

I message GM on ‘X’ to confirm and it was no problem.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WillEds said:

Yes, I’ve gone both says. Upgraded a teen to an Adult (Pay the difference at the Box office) and downgraded an Adult to a teen (No refund).

I message GM on ‘X’ to confirm and it was no problem.

Thanks so much, that’s great to hear. Think I’ll do the same just to get confirmation beforehand 

Another question regarding tickets. We have two adult settler tickets for my partner and I, but only a standard infant for our toddler. Anyone know if they’ll allow him entry to settlers? Perhaps an upgrade fee at the box office? Hard to know who to ask. 

19 minutes ago, _Tommy_ said:

Right, now ticket-gate seems to have been resolved, can we start worrying about the real enemy: the weather. Bleak mid-winter in Cardiff this morning. 

Eh? The sun always shines in Wales. That's what everyone told me. I'm expecting a balmy 24 degrees  and blue skies.

10 minutes ago, Stillill42 said:

Eh? The sun always shines in Wales. That's what everyone told me. I'm expecting a balmy 24 degrees  and blue skies.

You might get that.... for one of the 15 minute periods over the course of the festival!

• Like 1