Green Man 2024

bexj

Mine have arrived too! Countdown is on.

First timer here, what proportion of the site is open on the Thursday? Is it just the mountain stage which is shut?

Just trying to compare to EOTR where they shut most of the garden area bit until the Friday

3 hours ago, _Tommy_ said:

Right, now ticket-gate seems to have been resolved, can we start worrying about the real enemy: the weather. Bleak mid-winter in Cardiff this morning. 

Weather looks really nice for Wales. Only one rainy day and temps above the mid tens 

3 minutes ago, Tomos_ said:

Mine have arrived too! Countdown is on.

First timer here, what proportion of the site is open on the Thursday? Is it just the mountain stage which is shut?

Just trying to compare to EOTR where they shut most of the garden area bit until the Friday

So, the 'arena' is usually open from 2pm but delays aren't unusual. 

But once that is open, it's all open, you can go where you want, there just won't be any acts on the Mountain Stage (just groups of kids using the crowd space to run around I bet). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _Tommy_ said:

Right, now ticket-gate seems to have been resolved, can we start worrying about the real enemy: the weather. Bleak mid-winter in Cardiff this morning. 

Agreed. The weather on the Friday last year (especially the evening) was biblical. Was actually quite fun in hindsight as I think it was clear for the Saturday and Sunday, although very very muddy.

6 minutes ago, BluesManP said:

Weather looks really nice for Wales. Only one rainy day and temps above the mid tens 

I have a saved picture from the weather forecast last year that I checked on the 11th of August and it said 22 degrees with no rain for the whole festival..... so it's far too early to tell haha

1 minute ago, CANTON93 said:

I have a saved picture from the weather forecast last year that I checked on the 11th of August and it said 22 degrees with no rain for the whole festival..... so it's far too early to tell haha

Last year there was one day when it rained like crazy hahaha hopefully not this year!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BluesManP said:

As a person living in Wales our forecasts for next week are sadly very dubious, as is the forecast for Crickhowell.

Fingers crossed it all improives and the high nudges north.

4 hours ago, BluesManP said:

Last year there was one day when it rained like crazy hahaha hopefully not this year!

Biblical - I’m still drying out the tent! Seriously, is it cool to wear flip flops and wellies at the same time. If I knew what the weather was going to do I reckon I could halve my packing!

1 hour ago, Stillill42 said:

One more quick one on the tickets folks. I got mine through Fanticks. Vendor has sent ticket on in jpeg form as it had to be seperated from other tickets on the pdf. Is that above board?

Shouldn’t be a problem, as long as the bar code is clear they just scan it, I’d print it out too just incase of phone issues. Terrible phone reception at GM.

• Thanks 2

How are fan tickets sent? The seller has messaged to say they have received the tickets and they’re just trying to figure out how to send them. I thought it would be a simple case of just emailing me them, no? Not heard from them since. 

20 minutes ago, monday said:

How are fan tickets sent? The seller has messaged to say they have received the tickets and they’re just trying to figure out how to send them. I thought it would be a simple case of just emailing me them, no? Not heard from them since. 

Yeah, should be just a case of emailing it on to you.

On 6/26/2024 at 12:55 PM, _Tommy_ said:

On a slightly different topic to the prevailing schedule chat, realised we have an infant ticket on our order but have since decided to not take the little one (definitely not secretly celebrating). 

Do we think this is worth putting on Fanticks (it was free) or does anyone need an infant ticket here? I believe they 'sold out' on ticket day. 

Hi! We’re desperate for an infant ticket for our 10 week old who we did not know about at the time of booking! Is this ticket still available? Or does anyone know of any infant tickets going? 
Pretty desperate 😢 we go to GM every year and have been so excited for our first year as a family

11 minutes ago, emjayne said:

Hi! We’re desperate for an infant ticket for our 10 week old who we did not know about at the time of booking! Is this ticket still available? Or does anyone know of any infant tickets going? 
Pretty desperate 😢 we go to GM every year and have been so excited for our first year as a family

Have you tried the Facebook group? I've seen a few people offer their spare infant tickets - https://www.facebook.com/groups/greenmanfestivalhappycampers/?ref=share

Good luck 🤞 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, emjayne said:

Perhaps make a new post here too - https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/forum/1-tickets-for-saleto-buyto-swap/

Is there a Facebook page for the festival?

Good luck! 🤞🏻 

• Thanks 1

Our Settlers tickets arrived by email yesterday. I saved them to my phone, so I don't have problems with no signal. I'll also print copies but that's because I'm old fashioned. I took am curious as to why they are being issued so late, it's clearly their decision, probably to minimise the risk of counterfeits