Green Man 2024

bexj

14 hours ago, Stillill42 said:

One more quick one on the tickets folks. I got mine through Fanticks. Vendor has sent ticket on in jpeg form as it had to be seperated from other tickets on the pdf. Is that above board?

I did this for someone with a infant ticket as it's the only way I could think to do it so suppose it is fine (caveat being the infant ticket is worth £0.00 so I didn't put too much thought into it)  

11 hours ago, emjayne said:

Hi! We’re desperate for an infant ticket for our 10 week old who we did not know about at the time of booking! Is this ticket still available? Or does anyone know of any infant tickets going? 
Pretty desperate 😢 we go to GM every year and have been so excited for our first year as a family

I'm sorry, this ticket has gone to another home already - good luck in getting one though. 

11 minutes ago, _Tommy_ said:

I did this for someone with a infant ticket as it's the only way I could think to do it so suppose it is fine (caveat being the infant ticket is worth £0.00 so I didn't put too much thought into it)  

Cheers Tommy. Ticketline replied saying it's no bother once barcode is clearly visible which it is. All good.

2 hours ago, CRxece_ said:

New Weather update is not looking ideal right now, hopefully we get something more positive over the weekend! 😰

I think it's fair to say the forecasts don't exactly agree right now, so if you don't like the look of one, just go and find another one. Accuweather is usually a fairly safe haven for those who like to ignore reality. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, White_Winged_dove said:

I sold a ticket. I just saved the one page showing the ticket info as a PDF and emailed that to the buyer, then saved the other tickets separately, making sure I don't use that one by mistake when I arrive.  Maybe they don't know how? 

Yeah think this is it. They messaged saying they've sold the tickets in 2 lots. Giving me anxiety this is until I have the ticket lol. Just split the PDF and send me them, it's not hard 😅

7 hours ago, SG1433 said:

First timer & v excited...but shame the weather isn't looking great 😞 Are there many covered/sheltered areas to escape from the rain? 

There are bars in tents and The Far Out is a stage in a tent, the Green Man rising is partially covered and Chai Wallers is a tented area with a bar. There is a covered bar to the side of  the main mountain stage but that gets full if it’s chucking it down. And also babbling tongues and the cinema are in tents - Or hide in a portaloo! Although like anywhere else, it’s grim in the rain, the ground tends to hold up ok. And one of the many nice things about about GM is the camping isn’t far from the arena so it’s easy to nip back for clothes changes etc. Roll on next Thursday!! 

2 minutes ago, monday said:

Yeah think this is it. They messaged saying they've sold the tickets in 2 lots. Giving me anxiety this is until I have the ticket lol. Just split the PDF and send me them, it's not hard 😅

I was slightly freaked out by my Fanticks guy sending the ticket as a jpeg so messaged Fanticks, Ticketline AND Green Man to check was I in the clear. All back to say no problem, once the barcode is clear there'll be no issues. So there are different ways to do it.

I don't mean to be the harbinger of doom (although I do somewhat enjoy the role) but when Accuweather turns on you, you've got problems.

On the upside, those temperatures are a blessing in disguise (much easier to warm up then to cool down) and a wet festival means everyone tries extra hard to enjoy themselves. 

image.png.30dacd180a085dc5e1c4f905445e5781.png

6 minutes ago, AtomsForPizza said:

I'm not a mega Big Thief fan/expert, but reassuringly they've been playing album tracks at their recent festival gigs in Sweden (rather than lots of new unreleased songs)

Still majority new stuff which is a shame. Looks like only 5 released songs at their latest show.  If they wanted to have a setlist of almost entirely new material, they should have done it at their own shows. I say that but in the same breath I am very excited to hear some of the new stuff BcNR are cooking up, I’m just bitter that I’m not going to hear Spud Affinity live.

I don't want to jinx it, but even the worst forecast (BBC) has it as light rain at worst. So it could be worse. Best case scenario is sunny/cloudy with spots of light showers, worse case so far is fairly consistent drizzle/light rain. I'll take that over heavy rain. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 8/6/2024 at 4:49 PM, mario man said:

There seems to be FAR less tickets on Fanticks this year than I can remember in previous years. Could be related to the tickets not being issued yet.

Due to the lack of resales I can’t get the final Little Folk ticket I need. However I have an extra adult ticket - therefore would be trying to get my 12yo in on this. I’ll be out of pocket but hopefully ok to bring a child in on an adult ticket? Anyone had experience with something like this? Cheers

On 8/6/2024 at 6:25 PM, WillEds said:

Yes, I’ve gone both says. Upgraded a teen to an Adult (Pay the difference at the Box office) and downgraded an Adult to a teen (No refund).

I message GM on ‘X’ to confirm and it was no problem.

On 8/6/2024 at 7:02 PM, mario man said:

Thanks so much, that’s great to hear. Think I’ll do the same just to get confirmation beforehand 

Just following up on this. I emailed Green Man and they replied saying that they would not allow entry of a 12yo on adult ticket, as the allocation of different ticket types is fixed - no mention of upgrade/downgrade on the gate. Therefore may be a different stance to previous years.

Anyhow in the past 24 hours I've managed to get the LF ticket I needed and sell my spare adult ticket, so no longer an issue - but just wanted to highlight in case anyone reading this thought all would be ok. Worth checking 

Edited by mario man

On 8/7/2024 at 9:12 PM, emjayne said:

Hi! We’re desperate for an infant ticket for our 10 week old who we did not know about at the time of booking! Is this ticket still available? Or does anyone know of any infant tickets going? 
Pretty desperate 😢 we go to GM every year and have been so excited for our first year as a family

Hey - did you manage to sort this? 

1 hour ago, FestiGinge said:

I don't want to jinx it, but even the worst forecast (BBC) has it as light rain at worst. So it could be worse. Best case scenario is sunny/cloudy with spots of light showers, worse case so far is fairly consistent drizzle/light rain. I'll take that over heavy rain. 

Welsh light rain is storms to normal people.

34 minutes ago, oldmagsy83 said:

What are the late night options like at Green Man? Next week is my first visit.

Most Stages continue until 3 or 3:30am apart from the mountain which finish at 12:45am , Chia Wallahs is until 4am and I think the Dance tent is too.

I normally head for the Comedy at Babbling Tongues which continues until 2 or 3 and can be a bit hit and miss.