Green Man 2024

bexj

6 minutes ago, WillEds said:

Most Stages continue until 3 or 3:30am apart from the mountain which finish at 12:45am , Chia Wallahs is until 4am and I think the Dance tent is too.

I normally head for the Comedy at Babbling Tongues which continues until 2 or 3 and can be a bit hit and miss.

Are the bars all open till 3/4?

Thats a good question!  I'm thinking the main bars are a bit earlier than that, maybe 2am?  But I could be wrong as its a bit hazy by that time of night!!

• Like 1

On 8/7/2024 at 9:12 PM, emjayne said:

Hi! We’re desperate for an infant ticket for our 10 week old who we did not know about at the time of booking! Is this ticket still available? Or does anyone know of any infant tickets going? 
Pretty desperate 😢 we go to GM every year and have been so excited for our first year as a family

I have a spare one! One of our group managed to sort childcare so it’s available if you still need it.

5 hours ago, OddRon said:

Still majority new stuff which is a shame. Looks like only 5 released songs at their latest show.  If they wanted to have a setlist of almost entirely new material, they should have done it at their own shows. I say that but in the same breath I am very excited to hear some of the new stuff BcNR are cooking up, I’m just bitter that I’m not going to hear Spud Affinity live.

I was at the Way Out West festival set and I'd argue two of the news ones were close to being set highlights overall. They'll also play a lot longer at GM as they're headlining. Sadly missing out this year but would have loved to catch them headlining the Mountain Stage.

I do think the best time to catch them is just after they have released an album.

Edited by ElGanzo

11 minutes ago, Stillill42 said:

Chai Wallahs, for example, open till 4 Friday Saturday,  Round the Twist till 3. Anyone remember if the bars are open all the while? Says he knowing full well I'll have the head down by 2.

I’ve been in the Crew bar at 3 and I’m pretty sure I had a beer watching Bicep in 2022 and that didn’t start until after 1am I think. I’m normally sipping from some branded soft drink bottle containing decanted Red Wine that time of night, avoids spillage.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ElGanzo said:

I was at the Way Out West festival set and I'd argue two of the news ones were close to being set highlights overall. They'll also play a lot longer at GM as they're headlining. Sadly missing out this year but would have loved to catch them headlining the Mountain Stage.

I do think the best time to catch them is just after they have released an album.

Yeah the last times I saw them were just after their 2nd and 3rd album so I was much more familiar with the songs. 

4 hours ago, Stillill42 said:

Chai Wallahs, for example, open till 4 Friday Saturday,  Round the Twist till 3. Anyone remember if the bars are open all the while? Says he knowing full well I'll have the head down by 2.

Pretty sure the bars close with the stages, so main bar at mountains foot closes about 1am, the one outside far out stays open until 3am, and you have the bar within Chai Wallahs open until 4 I think.

But if you're still buying drinks at 3am (and not decanting some home bought vodka into some coke) you're clearly mental. 

• Thanks 1

Never been one in to signings personally but some decent names opting in there for fans of that! 

Not been for a few years, what’s the queue like going in on Thursday. Trying to decide on what time to arrive in the morning.

also what’s the shower situation like there now. I seem to remember them being decent. Not much of a queue. I presume that’s changed (if they even have them still). Debating brining my pop up shower tent that I use at Glastonbury. 

Edited by monday

21 minutes ago, monday said:

Never been one in to signings personally but some decent names opting in there for fans of that! 

Not been for a few years, what’s the queue like going in on Thursday. Trying to decide on what time to arrive in the morning.

also what’s the shower situation like there now. I seem to remember them being decent. Not much of a queue. I presume that’s changed (if they even have them still). Debating brining my pop up shower tent that I use at Glastonbury. 

A what now?? A pop up shower tent??! What wonder of nature is this?

10 hours ago, Cherrytree13 said:

Been to green man many times, but this is the first time doing settlers. Not sure what to expect… how many settlers are there? If I remember right, the settlers camping bleeds into the family, right? 

Settlers is the family camping, bottom right of the map.  It's busy but not crammed, millions of kids, lots of families go out on day trips.  There's a big tent with a bar which has bands, a couple of food vans, a deli/food stall, camp fire and place to borrow a bbq. That's all down between the trees and the river.  You can walk on the track through the general camping to the tower bridge but the camping fields are roped off.  Generally good chilled atmosphere, bring ear plugs if you want to sleep past 7am.  

11 hours ago, WFD said:

20240809_212141.jpg

20240809_212149.jpg

20240809_212158.jpg

Thanks for posting these. I’ve been to GM lots and never been aware of so many signings before? There seems quite a lot up there, do we think that some of the stripped back sessions they put on throughout the weekend in the rough trade tent, will reflect the above, and if not any thoughts on who might play? 

11 minutes ago, Mambonumberfive said:

Thanks for posting these. I’ve been to GM lots and never been aware of so many signings before? There seems quite a lot up there, do we think that some of the stripped back sessions they put on throughout the weekend in the rough trade tent, will reflect the above, and if not any thoughts on who might play? 

If I recall, they did these stripped back sessions in the Round the Twist tent last year and just signings in rough trade, I guess because of the amount of people that went to the mini gigs caused crowding issues 

I'm sure the previous 3 years I've been they have said that.. but they never do bag checks as you enter the arena. I think into the Walled Garden if you walk around with a can they'll take it off you. I just always bring in half a dozen cans for the day then pour them into a cup then buy any extras I want as the day goes on. 

Hopefully this is still the case as I don't fancy carting all my booze there to then not be able to drink it. 

14 hours ago, _Tommy_ said:

Pretty sure the bars close with the stages, so main bar at mountains foot closes about 1am, the one outside far out stays open until 3am, and you have the bar within Chai Wallahs open until 4 I think.

But if you're still buying drinks at 3am (and not decanting some home bought vodka into some coke) you're clearly mental. 

On my birthday a few years ago, a pal of mine returned from (Chai Wallahs I think?) with a hot toddy… which was the absolute perfect drink to be served at that time (the early hours) 😂

2 hours ago, bexj said:

If I recall, they did these stripped back sessions in the Round the Twist tent last year and just signings in rough trade, I guess because of the amount of people that went to the mini gigs caused crowding issues 

Thanks I don’t recall going to anything at Round the Twist last year, but definitely went to a couple of sessions in rough trade the year before. I’m hoping a couple of the clashes I have might do sessions and thus reduce my FOMO. 

2 hours ago, OddRon said:

Is the “no brought in alcohol in the arena” rule new? Feel like they’ve enforced it before.

I’ve been going since 2013 and think it’s always been there. The first couple I went to they just did casual bag checks at the arena entrance and then even that stopped. There was a security guy on the main arena last year, who was a bit more evident than I’ve previously seen, but he was cheerful enough. I did get stopped last year taking an open can into the walled garden, and that was a first, but once in, there were no further checks. 

• Like 1

I'm looking foward to my first Green Man but I'm not clear on the phone charging situation. Can anyone shed some light on how to keep my mobile juiced up so I can find my way home and reassure family I'm still live and kicking?

Edited by west_limpet

16 minutes ago, west_limpet said:

I'm looking foward to my first Green Man but I'm not clear on the phone charging situation. Can anyone shed some light on how to keep my mobile juiced up so I can find my way home and reassure family I'm still live and kicking?

1991713593_Screenshot_20240810_193706_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.29ed0f966cbc5c7362b9e99379ee48e8.jpg

They tweeted this today. Doesn't sound like there'll be extensive options. I'll certainly be packing the trusty powerbank. 

Edited by Stillill42
  • Like 1

A couple of random stalls tend to offer phone charging too, like the camping supplies stall did in 2022 (by the entrance to the kids area).

Not that it matters anyway, you won't have signal. You might as well bring a family of pigeons if you want to contact home on a regular basis. 

• Like 1