Green Man 2024

bexj

10 hours ago, jimbo_l said:

Most of the Settlers camp in the family campsite, and by Tuesday I would say this is >75% full. But what's not obvious from the published info is that there is another large field on the other side of the Settlers bar which is also available to pitch in. This is not family camping, and becomes a general campsite once the weekend ticket holder arrive on Thurs. I don't think you need to worry.

Due to an appointment we now cannot come til Weds, got Settlers tickets, and have been given an Access car park spot.

We hope to be able to simply enter the Settlers field and pitch up really close - is that possible cos otherwise we might well struggle.

Is there any sort of shop on site/in the campsite/really nearby? Gotten kinda used to not having to bring literally every scrap of food/water/mixer with me thanks to the co-ops that have been popping up at the bigger festivals

14 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

What time do settlers get on site today? I’m hungry for stage times! 😀

Gates at 10am, but let's give them a bit of time to get set up etc.

Pictures by 10.05am please. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Has a festival ever had two more confusing acts booked than Johnny Flynn and John Francis Flynn?

Layer on top of this there is also JOHN and John Maus knocking about, and the stage is set for a load of confused John fans (of some flavour) turning up to something they really weren't expecting. 

• Like 2

Just now, _Tommy_ said:

Has a festival ever had two more confusing acts booked than Johnny Flynn and John Francis Flynn?

Layer on top of this there is also JOHN and John Maus knocking about, and the stage is set for a load of confused John fans (of some flavour) turning up to something they really weren't expecting. 

End Of The Road had Kokoko! and Kokoroko last year.

4 minutes ago, _Tommy_ said:

I once met a colleague of mine at a Black Francis gig who had turned up expecting to see Frances Black. We laugh about it to this day.

Some of those Saturday night clashes are savage - was really hoping to see a bit more of both Osees and Big Thief, but they basically overlap completely. Same with Tapir!, Wednesday and Jjuujjuu. First world problems I guess...

I see they haven't left lots of time to set up Byrne's night - they took ages to set up at Wide Awake, and ended up coming on late and having their set cut at curfew. Hopefully it's a bit slicker this time.

1 hour ago, _Tommy_ said:

John Maus will be the one in a MAGA hat!

33 minutes ago, ramblingmad said:

Will there be anywhere on site to buy a blow up bed and other camping gear? First time attendee and have literally no idea what to expect.

I bought a blow up bed from a shop near the entrance to the ‘arena’ one year after a puncture. I remember it being reasonably priced

• Upvote 1