Green Man 2024

bexj

6 hours ago, _Tommy_ said:

Has a festival ever had two more confusing acts booked than Johnny Flynn and John Francis Flynn?

Layer on top of this there is also JOHN and John Maus knocking about, and the stage is set for a load of confused John fans (of some flavour) turning up to something they really weren't expecting. 

Just as well John Mouse isn’t playing this year as well. 

2 minutes ago, Mambonumberfive said:

Are the showers in the tangerine fields available to all or just those camped in tangerine? Also are they free and any good?

I'm in Tangerine fields, they don't have their own dedicated showers, just normal access to general showers. I was a bit confused myself when I saw the map, certainly appears that the shower block is situated in TF but they're defo for all and sundry.

1 hour ago, Stillill42 said:

I'm in Tangerine fields, they don't have their own dedicated showers, just normal access to general showers. I was a bit confused myself when I saw the map, certainly appears that the shower block is situated in TF but they're defo for all and sundry.

Thanks. I would upvoted but seems I’ve run out of reaction today, must be the excitement! 

9 hours ago, ramblingmad said:

What are the ques like for showers?

I’ve had one before when there were no queues. Just depends what time of day you go, think I went around lunchtime 

6 minutes ago, rwoo said:

I’ve had one before when there were no queues. Just depends what time of day you go, think I went around lunchtime 

Nice doesn't sound too bad then depending on time of day. 

I'm so excited for this festival. I know a bunch of people were underwhelmed by the lineup but it is 10x more interesting to me than the main stages were at Glastonbury this year.

16 minutes ago, ramblingmad said:

Nice doesn't sound too bad then depending on time of day. 

I'm so excited for this festival. I know a bunch of people were underwhelmed by the lineup but it is 10x more interesting to me than the main stages were at Glastonbury this year.

I was potentially one of those people, now after a few months exploring the line up, I've now got more problems to do with clashes than gaps. 

One of the best things about the festival for me, I always come away with a new bunch of acts I didn't know before, but become a big fan of. 

36 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Killer 4 way clash between Mount Kimbie, A Savage, Fat White Family and Getdown Services. That’s the biggest one for me. 

Yeah, Friday's the day alright. I'm just before you with Personal Trainer vs Julia Holter preceded by This is the Kit vs Beak vs Jess Williamson. Not to mention Hotline TNT vs MRCY.

Actually, upon closer inspection, I've just noticed that that stretch on the Friday also clashes with King Rocker introduced by Stewart Lee and Portishead live in New York introduced by Adrian Utley in the Cinedrome AND Jesus and Mary Chain, Beak, This is the Kit, A.Savage etc. all in the Rough Trade tent! Mental array of riches. Mother of God, the excitement is almost too much.

Edited by Stillill42

1 hour ago, OddRon said:

Killer 4 way clash between Mount Kimbie, A Savage, Fat White Family and Getdown Services. That’s the biggest one for me. 

If it helps, I've seen Getdown Services and got Goldie Lookin' Chain vibes. As in, they were good fun at the time but a little bit novelty and got the sense a repeat wouldn't be as good.  

1 hour ago, Stillill42 said:

Yeah, Friday's the day alright. I'm just before you with Personal Trainer vs Julia Holter preceded by This is the Kit vs Beak vs Jess Williamson. Not to mention Hotline TNT vs MRCY.

Missing Personal Trainer for Arlo Parks too.

1 hour ago, modefan said:

If it helps, I've seen Getdown Services and got Goldie Lookin' Chain vibes. As in, they were good fun at the time but a little bit novelty and got the sense a repeat wouldn't be as good.  

I’m down for a bit of fun, probably wouldn't see them again anyway. I’m more excited for them than Sleaford Mods.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, OddRon said:

I’m down for a bit of fun, probably wouldn't see them again anyway. I’m more excited for them than Sleaford Mods.

Real anti-Sleaford Mods vibe throughout this thread. Obviously all opinions on music are valid (beauty in the ear of the listener etc) but you're all wrong. 

Still, if it turns out being a small committed crowd, even if it is just me, all the better I say. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OddRon said:

I’ve seen Getdown twice and thought they were great both times. First time were the support and they did a better show than the main act. Very high energy, good vibes. Will prob see them again this weekend to be fair. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, _Tommy_ said:

Real anti-Sleaford Mods vibe throughout this thread. Obviously all opinions on music are valid (beauty in the ear of the listener etc) but you're all wrong. 

Still, if it turns out being a small committed crowd, even if it is just me, all the better I say. 

I wanted to see SM at Bearded, but then couldn't go, so they were a must see here.... until a nasty clash appeared with Das Koolies.  Being a long time Super Furries Fan, and saw them here in 2006 (?) I'm afraid SM is going to have to wait again!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CANTON93 said:

What do we think about Melin Melyn as the Saturday Walled Garden TBA? Mysteriously left out of the line up this year....

Their latest instagram post, from 3 hours ago...

FUTURE NOW 🛸

we’ve been having a lovely time playing all these festivals over the past few months. only a few more to go.

stage-splits have been announced for @future_yard FUTURE NOW FESTIVAL at the end of this month. come say hello at Birkenhead on August 25th!

also - keep your eyes peeled for more exciting news, coming very soon 👀
Edited by bexj
  • Like 1