Green Man 2024

bexj

54 minutes ago, CANTON93 said:

What do we think about Melin Melyn as the Saturday Walled Garden TBA? Mysteriously left out of the line up this year....

I quite like them

why would they be though?  I can't see that they are contracted to somewhere else.

Where's the surprise?  "Hey everyone looking forward to this year's TBA,  it's that band that always plays!"

2 hours ago, _Tommy_ said:

Real anti-Sleaford Mods vibe throughout this thread. Obviously all opinions on music are valid (beauty in the ear of the listener etc) but you're all wrong. 

Still, if it turns out being a small committed crowd, even if it is just me, all the better I say. 

I’ll be seeing both, never seen them before and our group is excited. Reason I mentioned them is because they both seem to make similar music. 

Yeah, it's not going to be a band that played Walled Garden two years ago.

Honestly, I'm not sure it's even worth a guess given how little we have to go on. Could be a band trying out new material without pressure like Squid in 2021, could be someone who's just announced a new record, could be an Adrianne Lenker solo set, could be one of the Black Midi diaspora, could be Gruff Rhys like last time. But actually it has to be Boygenius. (Sorry, EOTR 2023 flashbacks)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, big__phil said:

M.J Lenderman is my guess for the TBA - he'll be there with Wednesday anyway, and has new solo stuff out.

Oh that would be amazing. His new stuff sounds great. Opened for Wednesday when I saw them in Dublin, he was cool. My cup would runneth over.

Very excited to be coming back to Green Man after an 8 year gap! Does anyone know if you can hire Mr Trolley on Monday morning to move our stuff back to the car? Last time I think we only used it on the way in but I’m pregnant this time so it would be great if my other half can pull everything in the trolley in both directions 😁 Thanks!

3 hours ago, monday said:

Does anyone know if you can buy milk on-site in the mornings? I’ve got so used to Glastonbury and quite enjoyed my cereal for breakfast. 

Not sure about fresh milk at GM, sorry!
We freeze some milk for the kids to use with cereal. Also acts as a good ice block to keep the beer cool the first couple of days🍻

8 hours ago, _Tommy_ said:

Real anti-Sleaford Mods vibe throughout this thread. Obviously all opinions on music are valid (beauty in the ear of the listener etc) but you're all wrong. 

Still, if it turns out being a small committed crowd, even if it is just me, all the better I say. 

How can someone be wrong about their opinion? Different people like different music. I always find it odd when people say that an opinion on a subjective matter is wrong. It's like saying that people that dislike pineapple pizza or dislike the colour red are wrong.

Surely if there is a smaller crowd, it will be better for you if you like SM because you will be all the way to the front

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, mario man said:

Not sure about fresh milk at GM, sorry!
We freeze some milk for the kids to use with cereal. Also acts as a good ice block to keep the beer cool the first couple of days🍻

Bring an old t-shirt and put it over all the stuff in your coolbox. Pour cold water on it, around 3-4 pints and top up daily with a new cold pint of water.
Will keep things colder at least 24 hours longer. We have even kept frozen stuff half frozen on day 3 in 30 degree heat doing this.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BluesManP said:

How can someone be wrong about their opinion? Different people like different music. I always find it odd when people say that an opinion on a subjective matter is wrong. It's like saying that people that dislike pineapple pizza or dislike the colour red are wrong.

Surely if there is a smaller crowd, it will be better for you if you like SM because you will be all the way to the front

Spot on.

32 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Spot on.

Did no one pick up on me saying "all opinions are valid / you're all wrong"?

It was an attempt at humour guys, I'm not the music emperor, yet. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Bring an old t-shirt and put it over all the stuff in your coolbox. Pour cold water on it, around 3-4 pints and top up daily with a new cold pint of water.
Will keep things colder at least 24 hours longer. We have even kept frozen stuff half frozen on day 3 in 30 degree heat doing this.

Top Tip!

Also putting stuff under your groundsheet is a great place to keep stuff cool

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

That would be ace. How reliable is that do you think?

It's from someone who used to be on here a fair bit around the festival and EOTR. His son knows someone in the band and said its very reliable.